UK OTA for 1.5 on a JF ADP 1.5 Rooted phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

smccaldin

Mar 8, 2006
Ok...

So I woke up this morning to an update request on my UK T-Mobile G1. However, I've been running JF ADP 1.5 rooted build for at least a week!

If you click on details is says that it is a bootloader update, that will then be followed by a further update. This leads me to believe that my bootloader is not up-to-date?

I have had a look around, but am a little confused, as I previous installed the JF RC9 1.43, which included the bootloader (or the version before did).

On going into the recovery utility - it appears to have reverted to a 'standard' bootloader one (e.g. with triangle with !). I have re-installed the Engineering Bootloader, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference (don't know if it didn't install correctly!)

Anyway, anyone got an idea of how to stop the network update message?

Last edited:

n0ahg

Apr 28, 2009
The triangle with the ! is the recovery screen, the boot loader is either the rainbow colours or the skating androids.

My phone is running the eu 1.5 gfh firmware and I'm getting the same update. I think it's trying to put back the rainbow boot loader with fastboot support.

smccaldin

Mar 8, 2006
The triangle with the ! is the recovery screen, the boot loader is either the rainbow colours or the skating androids.

My phone is running the eu 1.5 gfh firmware and I'm getting the same update. I think it's trying to put back the rainbow boot loader with fastboot support.

So i'm clearly getting confused...

When I go into recovery mode (e.g. Home + Power) I used to get a JF console, now I get triangle !

I was just trying to guess at what had changed... All I really want is the update message to disappear!

Last edited:

smccaldin

Mar 8, 2006
Ok - so I've tried:

1) Re-doing the Bootloader
2) Re-installing the update (JF ADP 1.5)
3) Re-installing (or installing for the first time) the 1.5 radio from HTC website

Still keep getting the update request... I'm out of idea's! Any further suggestions more than welcome...

smccaldin

Mar 8, 2006
:-(

Unfortunately, that's pretty much the only thing I had thought of too...

But I haven't received any updates since rooting (e.g. since Dec) - so am not convinced that it will solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.