• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

UK Pre-Orders

Search This thread

DoobyDroid

Mar 17, 2013
tenbury wells
OnePlus 9 Pro
Bum I dipped out on the headphones by 3 days [emoji24] ordered on the 22/10 [emoji24] wonder if they will do any further promotions that my purchase date might be within seeing as you have to wait 14 days after purchase to apply as well

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

sshariff

Feb 5, 2013
My claim was validated on the 18th and still no sign of dispatch. Wonder on what date the claim was validated for those who received the headphones.

magnatom

Nov 2, 2018
Has anyone who pre-ordered via Vodafone managed to put in a claim for the Bose headphones? I tried today, but Vodafone doesn't appear to be in the dropdown list on the claim website. The Bose offer played a big part in my decision to go with the Pixel 5, so not happy if there is an issue with this!

spikeydoo2006

Jul 2, 2011
Lowestoft
Has anyone who pre-ordered via Vodafone managed to put in a claim for the Bose headphones? I tried today, but Vodafone doesn't appear to be in the dropdown list on the claim website. The Bose offer played a big part in my decision to go with the Pixel 5, so not happy if there is an issue with this!

You should be able to claim. Vodafone is listed in the drop-down menu of the official pre-order claim page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201025-232032.png
    Screenshot_20201025-232032.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20201025-232049.png
    Screenshot_20201025-232049.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 97

sshariff

Feb 5, 2013
Mine was validated Oct 14th and no sign of a dispatch notification, being in Ireland might be different to the Uk in terms of when units are sent out?
So you were one of the first to have it validated, no clue how a few others already got their headphones last week when they too would have got their claim validated on the 14th or the 15th!

BJozi

May 22, 2012
So you were one of the first to have it validated, no clue how a few others already got their headphones last week when they too would have got their claim validated on the 14th or the 15th!

The only thing I can think of is that those who've had theirs send are UK based. I'm not sure if anyone in Ireland has had theirs sent out already. It's a seperate section on the website, my code won't work on the UK version. We just have to wait

pemz82

Feb 11, 2014
My claim was validated on 19th (after a 4 day delay where they only validated when I contacted them). No sign of dispatch here either.

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
This may be helpful to someone else: I live in a country where the new Pixels are not available, so I purchased my Pixel 5 on Amazon UK. To claim the headphone set I needed to pass through a forwarder to get an UK address, I chose forward2me. It won't be totally free, I will need to pay like 20€ for the shipment, but doing so I won't waste more than 250€of headset.:)

By any chance, have you shipped the pre ordered phone from Amazon UK directly to your country?
In my case I shipped the Pixel 5 to Spain. And tried to ship the Bose headphones to UK when submitting the claim (some friend address).
But google denied my claim because the phone wasn't shipped to UK by Amazon.

Last edited:

palo99

Aug 2, 2015
Bergamo
By any chance, have you shipped the pre ordered phone from Amazon UK directly to your country?
In my case I shipped the Pixel 5 to Spain. And tried to ship the Bose headphones to UK when submitting the claim (some friend address).

I forgot to check my claim but sadly google denied it. Very disappointed. Not only the phone is not sold in Italy, they even don't allow you to get the reward even if you got the pixel from a country where it was possible to buy from. Not angry, but sad and disappointed that google is behaving this way.

vmlinuz1

Dec 16, 2009
Hong Kong

I asked Google (well, whoever is doing the reward fulfiilment for them) about this before the phone shipped - they told me that if I ordered the phone from Amazon UK I would have to ship the reward to a UK address, which I took as accepting international shipping as long as I had a valid UK address for the reward. They came back after I submitted the claim and asked for a VAT receipt - which I don't have, because part of the point of shipping it to me in Hong Kong was not to pay VAT!

I noticed yesterday there there is a question (and answer) in their FAQ saying that international shipping isn't acceptable. I don't know if they've added that, but there's definitely nothing in the formal terms and conditions about either that, or anything to do with residency - it just says you must have a valid UK shipping address, which I do. I'm a UK expat, I paid for it with my UK debit card, and I asked for the reward to be sent to my UK correspondence address (i.e. my parents).

I guess I'm going to get denied, which is pretty annoying.

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
I asked Google (well, whoever is doing the reward fulfiilment for them) about this before the phone shipped - they told me that if I ordered the phone from Amazon UK I would have to ship the reward to a UK address, which I took as accepting international shipping as long as I had a valid UK address for the reward. They came back after I submitted the claim and asked for a VAT receipt - which I don't have, because part of the point of shipping it to me in Hong Kong was not to pay VAT!

I noticed yesterday there there is a question (and answer) in their FAQ saying that international shipping isn't acceptable. I don't know if they've added that, but there's definitely nothing in the formal terms and conditions about either that, or anything to do with residency - it just says you must have a valid UK shipping address, which I do. I'm a UK expat, I paid for it with my UK debit card, and I asked for the reward to be sent to my UK correspondence address (i.e. my parents).

I guess I'm going to get denied, which is pretty annoying.

Yeah before the order, I read the terms and it was mentioning something like individual older than 18 that has a UK or Ireland address and is not a Google employee.

(I also bought the Pixel 2 in Google Store UK because they decided to sell only the XL variant in Spanish Google Store 3 years ago, and this went without a problem. But that time I shipped both things to the UK address and from the Google Store.).

So to me it looked like Google just wanted to get rid of professionals trying to abuse the deal, and also complains about them not shipping the headset to another European country. (Which seems really fair to me).
But no. It seems that they also doesn't want to give pre-order gift to some real customers that are currently located elsewhere.

They should had put in the terms "If you ship the phone outside UK or Ireland the pre-order gift claims will be denied" to make it really clear. But I guess stuff like that would give them more problems and raise more questions, like "why?".

Regarding the VAT. In my case I didn't got the VAT removed by Amazon. Because I was shipping inside the EU (UK still inside, so it didn't went through custom).

I might try another claim later. Sending less stuff. (I sent them the IMEI in the phone screen + IMEI in the Box. You know. Extra information just in case).

Anyway. Let me know how it goes!
They never sent me a confirmation of the reject. Not even to spam folder. So daily check the status manually just in case.

Sent from my Pixel 5

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

I forgot to check my claim but sadly google denied it. Very disappointed. Not only the phone is not sold in Italy, they even don't allow you to get the reward even if you got the pixel from a country where it was possible to buy from. Not angry, but sad and disappointed that google is behaving this way.
(Off-topic spoiler)

Yeah. I have this same feeling. This is why I won't pre-order anymore until the thing changes. I'm really disappointed.

I mean if you buy from Google Store. It is shipped from Ireland with UPS so I never understood why they exchange the countries every year. They could ship to most EU countries without a hassle.

The worst part: If you buy now a Pixel 4 from Google Store paying 759€ + shipping. It will also be shipped from the same Irish warehouse where they are currently shipping the Pixel 5. Which is hilarious.

This year I think they exchanged Spain+Italy with France. (I think France didn't got love from Google a year ago). While I'm really glad for the France' residents, I completely dislike Google way to sell their phones.

The Google Store is currently present and shipping devices in 14 European countries. I just don't understand why the main Pixels are not just sold, at least, in the 14 Google stores that currently receive stuff from Ireland anyway.

They should be expanding to more countries, not shrinking. I think this is a step back Vs the Nexus times. (But not that really different honestly, the scope was also small and a lot of countries left behind).

Sent from my Pixel 5

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update, only after threatening pixel-offers with legal action, I received an email and sms the very next day saying my free gift has now been dispatched (85 days) never again!!!