UK Samsung Preorder - incl upgrade program

Search This thread

craigels

Jul 29, 2012
limerick
I have the grey ultra ordered from Samsung Ireland. Its been delayed again. They have the black available. Thinking if just changing to the black one for convenience and ti get it sooner. Thoughts? Anyone have the black?

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

So this morning I contacted exertis Ireland who handle the shipping for Samsung here. They told me that they wouldn't have the grey to ship for tomorrow arrival date. I then called just now to say I would change to the black as they have it in stock and while on hold to change my order I get an email from exertis to say that my order has been picked and should be delivered by nightline tomorrow. The guy in they phone was a little surprised and said that yes I can see your order status has just changed. I honestly feel like it only happened as I was falling and putting pressure on them. Anyway roll on tomorrow I can't wait to get the ultra in my hand.

felixthecat

Dec 9, 2006
Did you get your update? Hope its out for delivery today :good:
Yes thanks. Got it at 3.30 and was at home ! I am running a program called androidaps. It runs an algorithm which controls a diabetic insulin pump and get data via Bluetooth from a glucose sensor in my arm. It is basically an artifical Pancreas. It needs 2 apps to run and has multiple settings so I spent all of yesterday setting it up on the ultra and seems to be working well ! Now I need to get android auto working... or even find it. Samsung seem to have stock but poor logistics and all their support staff working from home and probably abroad atm.

Reactions: jonboi

felixthecat

Dec 9, 2006
i applied for Samsung buds (the free ones you get with preorder) through the Samsung members app... is there any way of tracking if its been successful ?

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
Dispatched!! Delivery tomorrow! :D :D :D

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

i applied for Samsung buds (the free ones you get with preorder) through the Samsung members app... is there any way of tracking if its been successful ?

I cant claim because i ordered March 14th....offer ended March 8th :(

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
Yeah i like it.......there i said it.......OK OK.......

Attachments

• photostudio_1585845940548.jpg
    photostudio_1585845940548.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 65

craigels

Jul 29, 2012
limerick
So it arrived today... Got the camera update straight away. All focus is great. My only issue is that the Wi-Fi dropped twice and I had to restart it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just remember, it’s only a phone...

Ridiculous. It’s as important as water :D - we need it to survive.
    On a side note any initial impressions on the Ultra so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First test of camera, handheld, unfortunately weather is rubbish at the moment, but in some ways that’s a better test.
    See my tweet below, I did tweet some more pics and am about to tweet some more in 5 mins approx.

https://twitter.com/gavinsgadgets/status/1237335621053624321?s=21

I copied my texts from my iPhone 11 Pro , documents, video, and photos to my Ultra. That took about an hour and worked well. Also dropped in my Samsung 512gb micro sd card. Paired my Active Watch 2 to the phone. Paired my AirPods, Beats Studio3 and Buds+. Also my Fiio BTR5. Bluetooth audio is wat better quality than the iPhone, even with AirPods but you lose the iOS features.

Battery seems to drain fast at the moment on 120hz, but it’s far too early to tell. I installed 25 games and 130 apps, so everything is trying to run in the background currently. I also have 100gb of music on the card, 30gb of photos and videos.

I like the screen a lot. Will keep it for sure. I do feel iOS is a more polished joined up experience but there are aspects of the Ultra and android that I just prefer too.
    Just to inform those of you who purchased your S20 Ultra through Vodafone. The device is SIM unlocked - I'm comfortably rocking my Vodafone SIM in slot 1 for the Unlimited data and a EE SIM in slot 2 for the 5G.
    Dispatched!! Delivery tomorrow! :D :D :D

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I cant claim because i ordered March 14th....offer ended March 8th :(
    Order confirmed guys! Hopefully a despatch today for delivery tomorrow! [emoji869][emoji869]

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app