Ulefone Armor 3W/3WT

kaziq

Sep 17, 2013
Thanks! I installed 3.7 it today, and it works indeed.
The camera is fine with third-party apps.
But the in-call volume is still stuck. Safg13, is it the same for you? I.e. can you change the in-call volume while talking through the built-in speaker? For me the slider changes, but the volume is always on the same level.

kaziq

Sep 17, 2013
Also now I hear an echo of my voice when I talk on the phone via bluetooth headset.
I think I will go back to stock and try again in a year or so.

clewis.it

Nov 1, 2006
Intercom app

Has anyone ever successfully installed the Intercom app on a custom ROM? I can't seem to get this app to show up no matter what I do. Here's my process so far:
1) I have copied the entire Intercom folder from /system/system/app/ to the internal sd card using TWRP.
2) Also copied the linked library files from /system/system/lib64.
3) Installed Havoc 2.9
4) Reboot to system
5) Reboot to TWRP.
6) Copied files back to the locations mentioned above.
7) set folders to 755 and files to 644 permissions
8) Rebooted.

When I look in the app drawer, there is still no Intercom app. Is there another set of APKs or framework files that need to be included as well?

kaziq

Sep 17, 2013
Hi, I tried a different approach. When I had the stock firmware installed, I have made a backup of the Itercom app with Swift Backup. Then after I have installed Havoc, I tried to restore the app, but I got this message about missing system.apk code. I will try to backup system.apk too, when I have stock firmware again (which I plan to install on sunday).

So I failed too, but maybe it will give you some hint where to look.
The Toolbox app works fine this way.

P.S. Have you tried to fix the in-call volume control with alternative OSes on this phone?

Attachments

kaziq

Sep 17, 2013
Has anyone ever successfully installed the Intercom app on a custom ROM?
Unfortunately there is no app called base.apk, nor similar. I don't know how that works. Can the file be in a different apk? I will now be using stock for a while. I can extract some files or make backups of some apps, if you need. I have Swift Backup and Titanium backup.

clewis.it

Nov 1, 2006
Unfortunately there is no app called base.apk, nor similar. I don't know how that works. Can the file be in a different apk? I will now be using stock for a while. I can extract some files or make backups of some apps, if you need. I have Swift Backup and Titanium backup.
No luck here either. I was able to find references to "Intercom" in several priv-apps files, but none of them make the app show up.
MtkSettings (I think there is an option in settings that says something about Intercom)
AguiSmartKey (makes sense that the PTT button starts the Intercom app)
AFactoryTest_New (I don't know what this is)

I did try disassembling Intercom.apk, but it has no code. Just resource files (layouts, sounds, etc.)

clewis.it

Nov 1, 2006
I'm just curious, does anyone have one of those bluetooth ptt speaker mics that they can try with the 3wt? The last ROM update says something about a bluetooth mic, so I wanted to know if those work.

kaziq

Sep 17, 2013
Does anyone use a caller name announce app with stock firmware? I just tried several apps of the kind, but none of them works. All but one stay silent when someone is calling. One says something, but always "unknown number is calling".

TruthLifestyle

Sep 24, 2020
Recently purchased Ulefone Armor 3W

Hello everyone.

This is my first thread, I hope not to break any rules.

Ulefone launched the new Armor 3W and 3WT, like our 3 and 3T, it does have the exact same look and same specs except for the CPU and RAM, our 3 and 3T have the P23 and 4GB of RAM, the new Armor 3W and 3WT have the P70 and 6GB of RAM.

Does any of you had the change to get one and test it out?

I'm curious if the TWRP available to 3 and 3T are compatible with the new 3W/3WT.

Thank you!
I'm sceptical so far on getting the Ulefone Armor 3W since it's been a 50/50 on pros vs cons with the phone yet I'm prayerfully going to have a good experience with it. I will undoubtedly post my experience here so that I can offer insight into the 'Ulefone Armor 3W' ownership. I had wanted to get a different phone yet it's not compatible with the networks here in the USA. and I'm not sure when I'll be leaving the country.

Hellman_X

Sep 28, 2017
Thank you so much! This works great!

Here is a clickable download link:

For anyone following these are the steps i did (assuming you unlocked bootloader already):
1. Copy both zips to external sd as internal storage wont work at first
2. adb reboot bootloader
3. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
4. unplug usb and hold power button until screen turns off
5. let go of power button, count to 2, press and hold power button and volume up together until screen turns back on
6. let go of power button when screen turns on but keep holding volume up until you see TWRP screen
7. as above post said, cancel password and swipe to enter main menu and then one square above the bottom right to enter the language menu
8. flash both zips from external sd card
9. format data (not wipe but format to get rid of encryption) - i rebooted after flashing the zips and had to go back to recovery again to format the data !THIS DOES A FACTORY RESET!
10. reboot to system this will cause it to be set up as new
11. reboot to recovery again, this time there should be no password and in install you should be able to see internal storage of the phone
12. flash magisk / anything else you want

Also do you mind me asking... How did you manage to make this recovery? As far as i understand the stock boot.img is needed to port twrp or have things changed now?
My ADB terminal is stuck at "( Waiting for device )" Not sure what else to do.

kaziq

Sep 17, 2013
Ok, so drivers are fine.
Is the phone in bootloader mode when you execute the command? It should display some "bootloader..." text, perhaps on the bottom of the screen, I don't remember correctly. The text is very tiny, so it's easy to overlook.
If yes, then check if you confirm flashing bootloader on the phone - it will display a prompt around the middle of the screen vertically, on the left side, also with the tiny text.

Hellman_X

Sep 28, 2017
Ok, so drivers are fine.
Is the phone in bootloader mode when you execute the command? It should display some "bootloader..." text, perhaps on the bottom of the screen, I don't remember correctly. The text is very tiny, so it's easy to overlook.
If yes, then check if you confirm flashing bootloader on the phone - it will display a prompt around the middle of the screen vertically, on the left side, also with the tiny text.
Yeah, it says fastboot at the bottom left corner.