Ulefone Future 5,5" MTK6755 64bit, 4GB+32GB, Android 6, Fingerprint ID

Search This thread

s7yler

Oct 22, 2009
www.youtube.com
Ulefone Future 5,5" MTK6755 64bit, 4GB+32GB, Android 6, Fingerprint ID

It has a front without bezel between display and the right & left edges, so it will be thinner than most 5.5" phones such as iPhone 6 Plus. You can not find a volume rocker on the frame because there will be an invisible "touch" volume rocker. Its fingerprint scanner will be located on the right side. The "Future" will be Ulefone’s first metal uni-body model. And it will come with both CyanogenMod and Android 6.0.

It is powered by the MTK6755 2GHz octa-core 64-bit SoC, 4GB RAM plus 32GB storage. This will be Ulefone’s flagship device in 2016.

Ulefone Future
- 5.5 Inch
- Bezel-less
- MTK Helio P10 MTK6755 2GHz octa-core 64-bit SoC
- 4GB RAM & 32GB Storage
- Fingerprint Scanner

ulefone_future_bezels.jpg

Last edited:

TravisSX4

Jan 15, 2016
I just created my account and ironically I'm subscribed to you on YouTube. Is this phone on the market yet? If so, when are you doing a review? Will it work in America?

s7yler

Oct 22, 2009
www.youtube.com
I just created my account and ironically I'm subscribed to you on YouTube. Is this phone on the market yet? If so, when are you doing a review? Will it work in America?

It is not out yet and there are no more information, but I'm definitely going to review it when it comes :) Rumours say that the "Elephone P9000" maybe will look similar as Ulefone and Elephone are working together on some models.

Last edited:

jaeqer

Apr 27, 2015
Yeah, it is going head to head with the Elephone P9000 Edge.
Ulefone Future vs. Elephone P9000 Edge...... both have similar hardware and design. But there will only be one winner!

I even heard they work together and yeah they both look beautiful <3 I can see that the OS on Ulefone Power looks the same as in the Elephone P9000. Stock Android with e few customizations :) But in benchmarks the processor looks weak, weaker than x10 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 hence even from MTK6752 in multi core so that's definitely a let down. If they just used x10 instead but they probably want to cut the price too as the competition is very high. We'll see how things will go.
Btw, I watch your videos on YT and you do amazing work so keep it up :)
I'd like to ask you based on the phones you've used/reviewed which one would you suggest more based on display, OS stability-speed-lag free and support, performance - gaming, camera, battery (I heard there are batteries that get weaker after only a few charges or maybe months i.e percents of batteries go down while screen off(have you faced such an issue ?) .. etc.

Last edited:

911-Future_Maker

Jan 5, 2013
Eagerly waiting for this phone to get released. The build quality and the display are looking top notch from all the photos and videos you can find on the web.

wolfson61

Nov 17, 2014
Personnally, never liked the buttons on screen or one-button phones. It looks like a good phone, but not for me. I wish they build another version that have menu, back and home button not in the screen...

Anyone else thinking like me?

iacobus86

Nov 10, 2013
It seems it will have a version with Helio X20 and 128 GB internal memory:

Ulefone Future will have Helio X20 128GB Version

35kmmnt.jpg

Chinese brands are high on making devices with stunning specs since the beginning of 2016. Earlier we have Xiaomi, VIVO, and now Ulefone join in the rush saying their bezel-less device Ulefone Future will also a Helio X20 version with 128GB built-in storage.

Ulefone says the X20 Future will still be equipped with 4GB RAM because the chipset is not compatible with 6GB memory at all according to the MTK official information. Among other specs, the display will have a resolution of 2K and the back camera will adopt 20MP CMOS. Due to a shortage in supply of X20 chipset, the top-spec Future will be released later than the Helio P10 version.

In addition to the bezel-less Future, Ulefone will also launch a version with narrow bezels around display, also packing Helio P10 and 4GB RAM but offering lower camera resolution and smaller built-in storage. And of course this version will be a little cheaper.

Anyway, the normal version of Ulefone Future will be released in April with 16MP Samsung Camera, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, 1080P display besides, Helio P10 and 4GB RAM.

Reactions: vfel

JVitor

Dec 18, 2014

Personnally, never liked the buttons on screen or one-button phones. It looks like a good phone, but not for me. I wish they build another version that have menu, back and home button not in the screen...

Anyone else thinking like me?

I think I also would prefer hardware buttons because from what I can see in the video, the screen doesn't fill up the full phone frame, and the virtual, pop-up buttons look like a little too away from the bottom edge. It's weird.

I think a best bet is just to keep the traditional, stylish look such as from Be Touch 3 and Vienna. The virtual pop-up buttons could end up compromising the new design style and new features of the phone. My 2c.

iacobus86

Nov 10, 2013
According with Ulefone news, it will be on sale next week

Ulefone Announces Bezel-less Flagship Device Ulefone Future

dynix4.jpg

If you have ever suspected that Ulefone Future is a just a bait the company use to keep the their brand awareness, you can be at ease now because we finally see the bezel-less device announced on the official page of Ulefone, who stresses the sale will begin next week.

Ulefone Future has all the specs that are supposed to come with a Ulefone flagship in the year of 2016. The octa-core 64-bit chipset Helio P10 is as fast as 2GHz; RAM and built-in storage are enlarged to 4GB and 32GB, respectively; and the 16MP Samsung S5K3P3 camera is expected to offer more details in photos with PDAF for fast focus as well as dual-tone flash to fill natural light in darkness.

24b0xw7.jpg

The above specs only justify the Future’s existence in the high-end market, but it would be an average competitor if without the bezel-less display and side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The 5.5-inch 1080P display is said to offer limitless visual experience while sitting below the power button, the fingerprint scanner will be right next to your finger.

15e8s4h.jpg

3000mAh battery capacity sounds mediocre this year but a flaghship is not supposed to be thick. Many brands’ solution to this dilemma is a high-power charger, while Ulefone is no exception. They will provide users of the Future with a 9V/2~3A charger to fill up its battery in 1 hour.

27ywsx1.jpg

Another indicator for Ulefone Future being a flagship is its metal unibody, which claims to come from a whole piece of magnesium-aluminum ingot by CNC cutting. While preserving the natural texture of metal, the unibody will have solid structure to protect the screen from hitting.

2pta05v.jpg

For more, Ulefone Future will come with Android 6.0; the Cat 6 baseband will support 350Mbps mobile data speed if your local carrier can offer 4G at that level; gyro sensor is equipped for VR apps; and Type-C USB is adopted for reversible plug.

Ulefone Future measures 151.5 x 73.5 x 8.6mm in size and the weight is 185kg with battery built in. Thanks to the bezel-less design, the Future will be smaller than most 5.5-inch devices. And you will have 2 colors to choose, grey and golden.

http://ulefone.com/products/future/features.html
http://ulefone.com/

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Ulefone Future - Information & Reviews

Introduction

After their amazing DAC Smartphone at a low price, Ulefone has finally announced another amazing device that will be sold with sales starting from next week.

This is the Ulefone Future

WAywAJxh.jpg

Unlike their previous devices, this is their first flagship featuring a Mediatek Helio P10 CPU, 4GBs of RAM with 32GB of ROM, an excellent 16MP Samsung S5K3P3 Camera supported by PDAF auto-focus and a dual-tone flash configuration, a 4G Cat. 6 Modem and a Gyroscope Sensor. Pretty nice considering that no other Ulefone device was made with so much high-end hardware.

Jtlteh0h.jpg

Even if some previous leaks said that it would have a 2K Display, this isn't true. It will have a 1080p 5.5" Display (bezel-less)

LoCPAIyh.jpg

Similar to some Sony Xperia devices, the Ulefone Future will have a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, a pretty particular feature that makes this device different than others.

5PAmfCFh.jpg

There are no dimensions known yet, but it is said to be absolutely thick and this is why its battery is just 3000mAh. It doesn't mean that this is too low, because the included hardware doesn't require so much power. Supported by MTK Pump Express Quick Charge technology, it will be able to be recharged in more or less 1 hour.

2q5ZwJZh.jpg

Almost all Chinese companies are now focusing their attention on the chassis, and this device will have a Metal Chassis (with CNC treatment) that makes the device much more ergonomic and reduces the risk to break it much easier than standard treatment.

Mediatek provided the Helio P10 CPU only starting with Android 6.0, so the Ulefone Future will have the latest release of Android.

Other details coming soon :)

Last edited:

iacobus86

Nov 10, 2013
Hi Guys. New information. The Pre-sale will start on 4th May 2016:

Ulefone Future Presale to Start up May 4 with USD199.99 Flash Deal

21314at.jpg

Ulefone announces today they will kick off the presales promotion of their bezel-less flagship Ulefone Future from May 4 with a flash deal of USD199.99 apiece as the beginning, a sharp discount of USD70 from the original price of USD269.99.

At 17:00 (GTM+8) next Tuesday, 2,000 units of Uleofone Future will be offered for flash deals at more than 10 partner shops of Ulefone simultaneously. After all of them are sold out, you still have the special price of USD239.99 for unlimited preorder until May 25. Remarkably, the USD239.99 package will contain all accessories including 9V/2~3A fast charger, Type-C USB cable, Type-C to micro USB adapter, TPU case, screen protector, and dust plug while USD199.99 will only cover the cable.

esmi68.jpg

Among Ulefone Future’s components the most remarkable is 5.5-inch FHD bezel-less display which is comparable to the 3D display of USD700-or-so Samsung S7 Edge, while the 4GB RAM is popular among international flagships this year.

kbvms9.jpg

Other specs of the Future include Helio P10 8-core 64-bit 2GHz chipset, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, metal unibody, 32GB storage, 16MP Samsung S5K3P3 camera with PDAF and dual-tone flash, 3000mAh battery, 9V/2~3A fast charger, Type-C USB, and gyro sensor.

23ljlsz.jpg

Ulefone Future will come with Android 6.0 pre-installed. Color-wise, there are grey and golden to choose.

Pre-sale link: http://ulefone.com/page-future-presale.html
Future page: http://ulefone.com/products/future/features.html

dommels

Apr 22, 2008
Groningen
I preordered the future on may 4th. I hope it delivers.
Anyone can confirm the Cyanogenmod rom is still coming for this phone?

iacobus86

Nov 10, 2013
I preordered the future on may 4th. I hope it delivers.
Anyone can confirm the Cyanogenmod rom is still coming for this phone?

I don't know. I think if they have a good sales, they will develop a CyanogenMod Rom.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

More information about the battery

Ulefone Future Recharge and Drainage Test

Ulefone Future has 3000mAh battery which is only passable in the year of 2016, since a flagship is not supposed to be thick. As compensation, a 9V/2~3A fast charger will come in the package to fill up the battery in 1 hour.

In a latest battery test, Ulefone staff managed to charge Ulefone Futre from 21% to 76% in half an hour with the phone turned on, indicating that a singe charge will cost less than 1 hour. And playing online HD video for 30 minutes, the battery drained from 100% to 91%. If this has authentically reflected real life, one-day normal use should be out of problem.

In addition, Ulefone Future will share the same Pump Express Plus charger with the mammoth battery device Ulefone Power. And as always, Ulefone claims the Future has packed a Sony li-polymer battery.

http://ulefone.com/page-future-presale.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys i got the device so...let's have some fun with it.

CyanogenMod ROM will come soon too, but it will take time so do not ask ETA or anything.

I'll alert you all when i have something usable i want you to test.
    well do share your first impression with the world then. Afaik you'll be the first consumer to actually hold this device in their hands :D

Well good news, it is confirmed in my city and according to dhl, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So after an 11.5 hr workday, i'll see it around this time tomorrow. i'll hop on and give first impressions then, if everything goes according to plan.
    Just a question for you all: How many users would use a CyanogenMod ROM (CM13 of course) on this device if i manage to develop it?

Instead of replying just "me" or "it would be awesome", please add also some words about some feature requests or anything else related to software.
    I've been in touch with Gearbest about the status of my order and I was really surprised with their reply as they said they aren't selling the device anymore due to supplier's issues....!

How is that possible if some people are already getting it shipped?

Their first email seemed to be coming from an automatic response email but they responded to my second email suggesting to cancel my order and either choosing a new phone or getting a full refund...!!!

I'm really really confused now!!! I don't know whether to wait or cancel the order or even know who is telling the truth: Gearbest or Ulefone!!

This is crazy!! What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

well mine apparently shipped tuesday, but dhl only picked it up yesterday, and is now in their sorting warehouse. should be with me on the 29th, so they say.
    Well good news, it is confirmed in my city and according to dhl, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So after an 11.5 hr workday, i'll see it around this time tomorrow. i'll hop on and give first impressions then, if everything goes according to plan.
    2iqd6yx.jpg
    2cfxjlg.jpg
    2yzar7o.jpg

very happy so far, it is fast, the fingerprint sensor works as advertised, and looks good. it feels quite solid in the hands and feels good. running antutu now. i'll report back when i've had more of a play with it.