Ulefone Future 5,5" MTK6755 64bit, 4GB+32GB, Android 6, Fingerprint ID

Search This thread

jaytee86

Jul 26, 2016
I read that others also have the problem that battery life below 30 percent is basically non-existent...
Has someone managed to calibrate the battery?
(I tried the discharge, recharge with power off method of course)

oliversum

Jan 12, 2009
If you read through this and development thread you will see that many (if not all) Ulefone Future owners has GPS problems. Ulefone states that they're working on a solution. First OTA should bring "GPS optimizations" but as far as I know, the problem still persists and we are still waiting for Ulefone to fix it furthermore.

Some say it's hardware problem which can't be fixed and some say it's because lack of HW optimalization in terms of antenna being weak for a metal unibody. Even Ulefone says different things.

Also there is an user on XDA (Alberto96) who will try to solve this issue once he receives the phone. We are waiting for him with all our hopes :D
I know, xecuttor - but all of you get a GPS fix, right? I don't get a fix at all.

dommels

Apr 22, 2008
Groningen
I noticed a big difference between map view and actual navigation in Google Maps. In map view the blue dot keeps following me quite precise and smooth when driving.
From the turn-by-turn navigation view it's a whole different level. It keeps freezing and searching for GPS. It's like day and night. Anyone else who experiences this?

fanfan7110

Jan 2, 2009
Lyon
www.hightech-reviews.com
Yes many people have do this test and all had the same experience. With maps it's OK, and with a driver software it's a disaster. This is what makes us say that it is probably not a hardware problem but a software problem.

jaytee86

Jul 26, 2016
Yes many people have do this test and all had the same experience. With maps it's OK, and with a driver software it's a disaster. This is what makes us say that it is probably not a hardware problem but a software problem.

Actually, for me, map view is just as bad as navigation (blue dot wildly jumping around).
But as I said earlier: when getting a GPS lock over engineering mode - the location is super precise... So I also think it's a software problem.

Bryandu13

Mar 12, 2013
Hello I have 2 questions :
- Does this phone will receive Android 7.0 Nougat ?
- How to remove the big (and ugly) 3G/4G icon in the status bar ?

Thank you :)

dommels

Apr 22, 2008
Groningen
- Does this phone will receive Android 7.0 Nougat ?

Can't say it will get 7.0 but since most of their previous and cheaper models got upgraded to 6.0 recently I'd say there is a fair chance that they will upgrade this phone (which they call their flagship phone) in the near future.

- How to remove the big (and ugly) 3G/4G icon in the status bar ?

Unlock system UI tuner by holding the settings wheel in top down menu, in system UI tuner menu go to status bar, disable cellular data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryandu13

jaytee86

Jul 26, 2016
Btw has someone managed to get Google now on tap to work?
I tried setting the language to English and enabled it as assistance app of course.

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
sir since you have been using this phone for some days now what is your experience with the gps? if it is a s***t for you as well do you think it is soft or hardware problem for you?

thx

If i do not touch the software first i won't know whether this bug is SW or HW related, it could be both. A poorly optimized software together with a poor antenna, or just a poor software with good antenna.

jaytee86

Jul 26, 2016
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys i got the device so...let's have some fun with it.

CyanogenMod ROM will come soon too, but it will take time so do not ask ETA or anything.

I'll alert you all when i have something usable i want you to test.
    well do share your first impression with the world then. Afaik you'll be the first consumer to actually hold this device in their hands :D

Well good news, it is confirmed in my city and according to dhl, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So after an 11.5 hr workday, i'll see it around this time tomorrow. i'll hop on and give first impressions then, if everything goes according to plan.
    Just a question for you all: How many users would use a CyanogenMod ROM (CM13 of course) on this device if i manage to develop it?

Instead of replying just "me" or "it would be awesome", please add also some words about some feature requests or anything else related to software.
    I've been in touch with Gearbest about the status of my order and I was really surprised with their reply as they said they aren't selling the device anymore due to supplier's issues....!

How is that possible if some people are already getting it shipped?

Their first email seemed to be coming from an automatic response email but they responded to my second email suggesting to cancel my order and either choosing a new phone or getting a full refund...!!!

I'm really really confused now!!! I don't know whether to wait or cancel the order or even know who is telling the truth: Gearbest or Ulefone!!

This is crazy!! What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

well mine apparently shipped tuesday, but dhl only picked it up yesterday, and is now in their sorting warehouse. should be with me on the 29th, so they say.
    Well good news, it is confirmed in my city and according to dhl, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So after an 11.5 hr workday, i'll see it around this time tomorrow. i'll hop on and give first impressions then, if everything goes according to plan.
    2iqd6yx.jpg
    2cfxjlg.jpg
    2yzar7o.jpg

very happy so far, it is fast, the fingerprint sensor works as advertised, and looks good. it feels quite solid in the hands and feels good. running antutu now. i'll report back when i've had more of a play with it.