Ulefone Future 5,5" MTK6755 64bit, 4GB+32GB, Android 6, Fingerprint ID

Search This thread

Darreng43

Sep 16, 2016
Ulefone Future

I already replied to your thread. In case they'll delete my message (I asked for update and customer compensation), I've saved the post and will send it again.

... And by the way: legend reply to your post in the forum by hank ��

I also replied to one of the threads!
I also made a damn simple POLL to get them to do something...
(Ulefone Future - GPS & Poor Reception Issues) - I can't post link because I'm literally a NOOB to this forum

Got a feeling Ulefone Future's future is in the hands of Alberto96 though!

Anyone else notice a trend in metal phones with the mediatek helio P10 chipset having GPS issues, swear there is a few around...

jaytee86

Jul 26, 2016
I also replied to one of the threads!
I also made a damn simple POLL to get them to do something...
(Ulefone Future - GPS & Poor Reception Issues) - I can't post link because I'm literally a NOOB to this forum

Got a feeling Ulefone Future's future is in the hands of Alberto96 though!

Anyone else notice a trend in metal phones with the mediatek helio P10 chipset having GPS issues, swear there is a few around...

I voted (for yes of course).
I'm from Germany by the way.

PLUS: in the GPS thread in the forum I asked the question twice why they don't reply on the GPS issue...
Both times these ****ers deleted my post after 2 minutes!!

oliversum

Jan 12, 2009
I wonder if there will be another update. As for me it looks like Ulefone is focusing on the Ulefone Metal...

xecuttor

Jan 24, 2012
I guess we rely on Alberto96 , hope he isn't disgusted like many others. Alberto, if you read this, I think many would appreciate how are you doing with fixes to this phone.

Telescopium

Aug 29, 2013
Not really, working on a device that isn't able to boot into recovery mode is what a developer hates most, slowing down the process.

I'm already working on it.
Use TWRP Manager app at Google Playstore. You can boot easily direct to the TWRP-Recovery. It works 100% for my rooted Ulefone Future. I used this valuable app long time ago for all my past cell phones.

Last edited:

jaytee86

Jul 26, 2016
Use TWRP Manager app at Google Playstore. You can boot easily direct to the TWRP-Recovery. It works 100% for my rooted Ulefone Future. I used this valuable app long time ago for all my past cell phones.

Or use gravity box to add "boot into recovery" in reboot menu.
Anyway... Do you have any new hints if something can be done for GPS?
I get pretty good signal in GPS test but on maps the reported location is simply wrong (and moving around).
It's only correct for a few seconds if I got a good fix in MTK engineering mode before.

At the moment I'm thinking about buying a different phone with my 55 dollar voucher from gearbest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Telescopium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys i got the device so...let's have some fun with it.

CyanogenMod ROM will come soon too, but it will take time so do not ask ETA or anything.

I'll alert you all when i have something usable i want you to test.
    well do share your first impression with the world then. Afaik you'll be the first consumer to actually hold this device in their hands :D

Well good news, it is confirmed in my city and according to dhl, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So after an 11.5 hr workday, i'll see it around this time tomorrow. i'll hop on and give first impressions then, if everything goes according to plan.
    Just a question for you all: How many users would use a CyanogenMod ROM (CM13 of course) on this device if i manage to develop it?

Instead of replying just "me" or "it would be awesome", please add also some words about some feature requests or anything else related to software.
    I've been in touch with Gearbest about the status of my order and I was really surprised with their reply as they said they aren't selling the device anymore due to supplier's issues....!

How is that possible if some people are already getting it shipped?

Their first email seemed to be coming from an automatic response email but they responded to my second email suggesting to cancel my order and either choosing a new phone or getting a full refund...!!!

I'm really really confused now!!! I don't know whether to wait or cancel the order or even know who is telling the truth: Gearbest or Ulefone!!

This is crazy!! What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

well mine apparently shipped tuesday, but dhl only picked it up yesterday, and is now in their sorting warehouse. should be with me on the 29th, so they say.
    Well good news, it is confirmed in my city and according to dhl, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So after an 11.5 hr workday, i'll see it around this time tomorrow. i'll hop on and give first impressions then, if everything goes according to plan.
    2iqd6yx.jpg
    2cfxjlg.jpg
    2yzar7o.jpg

very happy so far, it is fast, the fingerprint sensor works as advertised, and looks good. it feels quite solid in the hands and feels good. running antutu now. i'll report back when i've had more of a play with it.