Ulefone Future 5,5" MTK6755 64bit, 4GB+32GB, Android 6, Fingerprint ID

Search This thread

Telescopium

Aug 29, 2013
Or use gravity box to add "boot into recovery" in reboot menu.
Anyway... Do you have any new hints if something can be done for GPS?
I get pretty good signal in GPS test but on maps the reported location is simply wrong (and moving around).
It's only correct for a few seconds if I got a good fix in MTK engineering mode before.

At the moment I'm thinking about buying a different phone with my 55 dollar voucher from gearbest.
I used the "Faster GPS" app to configure the special fix GPS data . Now for me it's better than before.

jaytee86

Jul 26, 2016
Something is sure though, you will get a CyanogenMod ROM made by me.

About the GPS fix well...unfortunately i still have to find what causes it to randomly fail

I know I've mentioned this a couple of times but I do it again - just in case it helps ?
If I open engineering mode and go to ygps I get a quick and correct fix. But if I open Google maps or any other map software the fix is quickly gone or the location reported is garbage... EVEN when I let ygps run in the background.

So...
Ygps (engineering mode) run in foreground - - > good fix.
Ygps (engineering mode) run in background or not at all - - > no fix.
This HAS to be a software issue!

oliversum

Jan 12, 2009
this annoying sound while recording a video or audio message is becoming worse and worse on my future... :-/

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
I know I've mentioned this a couple of times but I do it again - just in case it helps ?
If I open engineering mode and go to ygps I get a quick and correct fix. But if I open Google maps or any other map software the fix is quickly gone or the location reported is garbage... EVEN when I let ygps run in the background.

So...
Ygps (engineering mode) run in foreground - - > good fix.
Ygps (engineering mode) run in background or not at all - - > no fix.
This HAS to be a software issue!

But the signal is still too low compared to other devices, that's what makes me think that also the hardware is bugged.

this annoying sound while recording a video or audio message is becoming worse and worse on my future... :-/

A software issue doesn't grow, so yours is hardware related.

Reactions: oliversum

jaytee86

Jul 26, 2016
But the signal is still too low compared to other devices, that's what makes me think that also the hardware is bugged.

A software issue doesn't grow, so yours is hardware related.

I fully agree, the signal is definitely weaker than on my galaxy s4 active.
However, after the fix described in the other thread (one has to edit two files (GPS.conf and an XML file)) I get up to 10 satellites with good connection in both engineering mode and GPS test app. This is easily enough for a good fix.
The problem is that when I leave these apps - even if I let them run in the background - connection to the satellites is quickly lost again and the signal is much weaker...
To me it seems as if Google maps or other navigation apps just don't have the "power" or permissions to use the full GPS power...

Wilde beernd

Nov 3, 2016
Charging time

Hey guys,

How long does it takes to fully charge your ulefone future from 0% to 100% with the quick charger? For me it takes around 2 hour. In my opinion is that not really fast so I want to know your experience with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys i got the device so...let's have some fun with it.

CyanogenMod ROM will come soon too, but it will take time so do not ask ETA or anything.

I'll alert you all when i have something usable i want you to test.
    well do share your first impression with the world then. Afaik you'll be the first consumer to actually hold this device in their hands :D

Well good news, it is confirmed in my city and according to dhl, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So after an 11.5 hr workday, i'll see it around this time tomorrow. i'll hop on and give first impressions then, if everything goes according to plan.
    Just a question for you all: How many users would use a CyanogenMod ROM (CM13 of course) on this device if i manage to develop it?

Instead of replying just "me" or "it would be awesome", please add also some words about some feature requests or anything else related to software.
    I've been in touch with Gearbest about the status of my order and I was really surprised with their reply as they said they aren't selling the device anymore due to supplier's issues....!

How is that possible if some people are already getting it shipped?

Their first email seemed to be coming from an automatic response email but they responded to my second email suggesting to cancel my order and either choosing a new phone or getting a full refund...!!!

I'm really really confused now!!! I don't know whether to wait or cancel the order or even know who is telling the truth: Gearbest or Ulefone!!

This is crazy!! What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

well mine apparently shipped tuesday, but dhl only picked it up yesterday, and is now in their sorting warehouse. should be with me on the 29th, so they say.
    Well good news, it is confirmed in my city and according to dhl, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. So after an 11.5 hr workday, i'll see it around this time tomorrow. i'll hop on and give first impressions then, if everything goes according to plan.
    2iqd6yx.jpg
    2cfxjlg.jpg
    2yzar7o.jpg

very happy so far, it is fast, the fingerprint sensor works as advertised, and looks good. it feels quite solid in the hands and feels good. running antutu now. i'll report back when i've had more of a play with it.