Ulefone GW01 runs with firmware of No.1 G3

Search This thread

iLLiCiTgr

Aug 24, 2011
How long does your battery last after flashing the No1 firmware?
Mine lasted a little over 2 days (w/ bluetooth enabled) and now last close to 1 day. That is a little displeasing.

When charged full on the notification bar, the battery is filled about 80% but on the menu it shows 100%.

Tornator

Jun 24, 2016
Finally, i'm back into the show. I got my new watch today.
Before i flash again, did a backup using the "Universal ReadBack Extractor" version 2.4 and length setting 0x01000000" in the flash tool.
The "How-to" and the tool itself can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/readback-extractor-mtk6260-firmware-t3289272
I attached my firmware to this post.

I had not much time to check it yet, but it is a different version compared to what i had before.
Version is shown as "R02S_GW01_T6_L2_G4_A_160526"

Differences:
- In the display options, you can set now the "screen time" to "never out". This woks fine if you disable the "wake-up gesture".
- The "height" is now stored properly in pedometer settings
- The "main menue settings" screen "round dial" is gone and we got a simple "list style" view. But i still prefer the "4 apps" view.

Regards,
Tornator

Attachments

• Firmware_GW01.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 1,215
Last edited:

Tornator

Jun 24, 2016
Short status: I now flashed the GW01 with the No.1 G3 firmware successfully and then i flashed it back with my backup. All ok so far.

Regards,
Tornator

Last edited:
Reactions: valy_cta

winderic

Jun 10, 2016
WA
How long does your battery last after flashing the No1 firmware?
Mine lasted a little over 2 days (w/ bluetooth enabled) and now last close to 1 day. That is a little displeasing.

When charged full on the notification bar, the battery is filled about 80% but on the menu it shows 100%.
Yes. Noticed the battery performance on g3 firmware drop compare to original firmware. I have BT off but steps on, only last 2-3 days and last time was 4 days. Not sure if is still due to batt deteriorate overtime or what. Might flash back original to test.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Before i flash again, did a backup using the "Universal ReadBack Extractor" version 2.4 and length setting 0x01000000" in the flash tool.
http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/readback-extractor-mtk6260-firmware-t3289272

I had not much time to check it yet, but it is a different version compared to what i had before.

Differences:
- In the display options, you can set now the "screen time" to "never out". This woks fine if you disable the "wake-up gesture".
- The "main menue settings" screen "round dial" is gone and we got a simple "list style" view. But i still prefer the "4 apps" view.

Regards,
Tornator
Great. Wil download your firmware to try. Too bad they aren't much mtk2502 firmware out there to try beside no.1 g3. Tried s3 didn't work on mine.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

a.woellert

Dec 2, 2009
That works great with the Backup.

I backed up my GW01 Firmware.
R02S_GW01_2_T6_L2_G4_A_160801

Can this be a newer one?

Now i will play more with the Watch:D

EDIT:
And when this procedures works with the No.1 G3, it can work with the No.1 G5 Firmware too. But i can not find the G5 Firmware in the internet.

Also can it be, that the G3 Firmware do not support digital clock Skins?

Attachments

• Firmware_GW01-R02S_GW01_2_T6_L2_G4_A_160801.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 1,194
Last edited:
Reactions: Salandrino

zafrix8

Oct 29, 2011

Differences:

Regards,
Tornator

Hi. thank you for your backup. I brick my watch today. And have reflash Jeorge backup., but well the height not registered properly. Then I saw your backup, problem solved, and really love the new setting menu and pedometer. My initial firmware actually can register properly the height, and does not have the roman analog and the simple digital face. It have galaxy and sea digital face. kinda cool. Unfortunately I forgot to backup. Just received the watch today.
I was experimenting with my custom vxp watch face, and thats why I bricked my watch haha.

Reactions: a.woellert

yuri-r

Sep 6, 2016
Нужна самая свежая оригинальная прошивк&

Good Day! Dear Gurus!!! Please help!!! Really need detailed instructions and the latest version of the original, this firmware for smart watch ULEFONE GW01. Alternative firmware from other devices - not interested!!! Please send detailed instructions, tools to hours firmware and the firmware itself. Thank you! I really hope and wait!!!

chan49

Sep 28, 2016
gw01

hello is it possible to use the trick to leave the watch always on (with the lamp app) and change watchfaces without flashing the GW01 with the NO.1 G3 firmware ?

Ezergecerus

Oct 2, 2016
Hello
No. 1 g3 thanks I installed smoothly
GW01 firmware do you have in your hand?
B - TR

Last edited:

syam84

Jan 16, 2012
I can't add watch faces

@Tornator
A million thanks for your bravery and sharing it with us.
I've thought of it too, as both GW01 and No1 G3 have the exact same hardware but didnt have the guts to try it.
But seeing your post i did try it and it works!

Now i'm just sitting on photoshop all day designing custom watchfaces. :) :)

For anyone interested these are the first
Game of Thrones

I have flashed with the No1 G3 But cannot add the watch faces... How to do that? I tried placing images inside clock folder from my PC. but nothing is showing up . Could you please help me in doing this

syam84

Jan 16, 2012
there is no clock folder

Hi,
I can't find the clock folder when connecting ass mas storage as well as in file manager. Any TIP?

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Hi,I wonder if this new gw01 works well.I saw they recommended D5+ users to flash the x3 firmware.I have no idea,whether this method would probably brick the watch.
And about watch faces,you can search the G3 thread, there a generous man keep updating the faces.
ClockSkin is the name of watch faces folder,if you can't find it just create a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: syam84

Xandor020

Nov 19, 2016
Hi, i did update the firmware, al worked fine, thanks.
But, what type watch faces i have to put in masstorage and how can I open them?

Xandor

Tornator

Jun 24, 2016
Hi, i did update the firmware, al worked fine, thanks.
But, what type watch faces i have to put in masstorage and how can I open them?

Xandor

As it is possible to install watch faces via vxp files, i would not use the NO.1 G3 firmware for GW01 anymore.
If you like the G3 firmware, please see how-to in the g3 threads.

Regards,
Tornator

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I got a Ulefone GW01 watch and i was unhappy that it is not possible to have custom watch faces.
    So i flashed my GW01 with a NO.1 G3 firmware and now i can add own watch faces easily by creating the "clock" folder in "mass storage" mode.

Here is what i did:
    1. Install Windows 10 MKT VCOM USB Drivers 32 or 64 bit:
    tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk-vcom-usb-drivers-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial
    used file: Windows_10_MTK_VCOM_USB_Preloader_Drivers_tehnotone.com.zip

I need to use this driver, as i run WIN10 PRO and the driver included to the flash tool did not worked.

2. Get the latest No.1 G3 firmware:
    en.001phone.cn/download-44.html
    Download the version depending on your language needs.
    I used version B: goo.gl/ixzX0j
    filename: R02S-G3_NO1_PLUS_128_T5_L2_G10_B_160304.rar

Extract the archive and check the firmware update docu inside.
    There are also drivers included, which did not worked for me on win 10 PRO.

FYI: Ensure not to connect the watch with USB starting the flash tool.
    ! Ensure that the watch is switched off when you connect it ! (long press button) !
    Follow the steps and finally start "download" in the flash tool. Then connect the watch via USB. Otherwise it will not find the watch and you wait forever...

3. Start the watch again and create the folder "clock" in "mass storage" mode on your watch and place your custom watchfaces.
    -->done

Some remarks:
    Unfornatly I did not backed up the original firmware, so it is lost. I was to lazy to check how to do a backup.

As the NO.1 G3 has a SIM slot, you will get a IMEI error message if you check the quick settings (move finger from top to bottom, not availabe in original firmware). I guess this is not relevant.
    I had a bug in the original firmware that the "height" was not stored properly in the Pedometer. This works now with the new firmware.
    I only use the "Mediatek SmartDevice" app to connect to the phone.
    Everything seems to work fine.

Regards,
    Tornator

Differences:

Regards,
    Tornator
    I have made a backup yesterday :)

I put the link for download here

If you like press thanks button.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk
    @Tornator
    A million thanks for your bravery and sharing it with us.
    I've thought of it too, as both GW01 and No1 G3 have the exact same hardware but didnt have the guts to try it.
    But seeing your post i did try it and it works!

Now i'm just sitting on photoshop all day designing custom watchfaces. :) :)

For anyone interested these are the first
    Game of Thrones
    got.png

The Walking Dead
    twd.png

Mickey Mouse
    mickey.png

Available here
    Hi @Tornator,

Very good news.

Thanks for the informacion.

I want make this mod too, but I have the following doubts:

Flashtools_GW01.jpg

In flashtools have program to have the risks in the options according to the image?
    Then just press Download and expect to complete the cycle (100%)?

The scatter file is KCT02A_WT_11C_BB.cfg?

You spoke of the possibility of making a backup.

It is possible to Flashtools? I can do it and send you, you just have to give me the steps to do so.

Regards,
    Jorge