Ulefone GW01 runs with firmware of No.1 G3

Search This thread

ulram

Jan 25, 2017
GW01 Frozen

Hi
I have a problem with my Ulefon GW01... unfortunately I installed vxp watchfaces and something goes wrong, now I have it frozen. Do you know how to recover it? I saw this instructions to flashing with same or G3 rom but drivers do not work properly not recognize the device any advice?

Regards,

Hi,

I got a Ulefone GW01 watch and i was unhappy that it is not possible to have custom watch faces.
So i flashed my GW01 with a NO.1 G3 firmware and now i can add own watch faces easily by creating the "clock" folder in "mass storage" mode.

Here is what i did:
1. Install Windows 10 MKT VCOM USB Drivers 32 or 64 bit:
tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk-vcom-usb-drivers-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial
used file: Windows_10_MTK_VCOM_USB_Preloader_Drivers_tehnotone.com.zip

I need to use this driver, as i run WIN10 PRO and the driver included to the flash tool did not worked.

2. Get the latest No.1 G3 firmware:
en.001phone.cn/download-44.html
Download the version depending on your language needs.
I used version B: goo.gl/ixzX0j
filename: R02S-G3_NO1_PLUS_128_T5_L2_G10_B_160304.rar

Extract the archive and check the firmware update docu inside.
There are also drivers included, which did not worked for me on win 10 PRO.

FYI: Ensure not to connect the watch with USB starting the flash tool.
! Ensure that the watch is switched off when you connect it ! (long press button) !
Follow the steps and finally start "download" in the flash tool. Then connect the watch via USB. Otherwise it will not find the watch and you wait forever...

3. Start the watch again and create the folder "clock" in "mass storage" mode on your watch and place your custom watchfaces.
-->done

Some remarks:
Unfornatly I did not backed up the original firmware, so it is lost. I was to lazy to check how to do a backup.

As the NO.1 G3 has a SIM slot, you will get a IMEI error message if you check the quick settings (move finger from top to bottom, not availabe in original firmware). I guess this is not relevant.
I had a bug in the original firmware that the "height" was not stored properly in the Pedometer. This works now with the new firmware.
I only use the "Mediatek SmartDevice" app to connect to the phone.
Everything seems to work fine.

Regards,
Tornator

Tornator

Jun 24, 2016
Reactions: ulram

rikl70

Jan 26, 2017
hi after installing my watch VPX a black screen. only mass storage. I would like flash firmware, but driver Mtk win10 can not instaled. "code 10" and not create "com, lpt." sorry for my english : p, thanks

drusu.sv

Mar 27, 2008
Finally, i'm back into the show. I got my new watch today.
Before i flash again, did a backup using the "Universal ReadBack Extractor" version 2.4 and length setting 0x01000000" in the flash tool.
The "How-to" and the tool itself can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/readback-extractor-mtk6260-firmware-t3289272
I attached my firmware to this post.

I had not much time to check it yet, but it is a different version compared to what i had before.
Version is shown as "R02S_GW01_T6_L2_G4_A_160526"

Differences:
- In the display options, you can set now the "screen time" to "never out". This woks fine if you disable the "wake-up gesture".
- The "height" is now stored properly in pedometer settings
- The "main menue settings" screen "round dial" is gone and we got a simple "list style" view. But i still prefer the "4 apps" view.

Regards,
Tornator

Hi, Tornator
Thanks for the backup. but can you tell me how can I flash it as long as the archive doesn't contain any bin file and the flash tool requiers a bin file as download agent? Do I miss something? Please guide me how to flash my GW01 with your firmware, because currently if I want to install any custom faces I get not enough memory error. I even reset the watch to factory defult and still getting this error. The custom faces install worked before with mediatek smartdevice app, but I believe that something wrong happened with the current firmware, that's why I want to change it. My current firmware is R02S_GW01_J_normal_T6_L2_G_A_160414 from 2016/04/14.

Dec 14, 2012
Tried in GW01 but screen goes upward

Hi all,
Please help me out. I tried No1 watch rom in GW01 watch. It flashed in my GW01 watch but screen goes up upward direction . I tried many of mtk rom and some of flashed but same problem in every rom. I think i missed some step. Please help me out.
Please help....

Dec 14, 2012
Hi all please help

Hi all,
Please help me out. I tried No1 watch rom in GW01 watch. It flashed in my GW01 watch but screen goes up upward direction . I tried many of mtk rom and some of flashed but same problem in every rom. I think i missed some step. Please help me out.
Please help....
Hi all please help

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Hi, Tornator
Thanks for the backup. but can you tell me how can I flash it as long as the archive doesn't contain any bin file and the flash tool requiers a bin file as download agent? Do I miss something? Please guide me how to flash my GW01 with your firmware, because currently if I want to install any custom faces I get not enough memory error. I even reset the watch to factory defult and still getting this error. The custom faces install worked before with mediatek smartdevice app, but I believe that something wrong happened with the current firmware, that's why I want to change it. My current firmware is R02S_GW01_J_normal_T6_L2_G_A_160414 from 2016/04/14.

Hi all,
For image please click on https://ibb.co/fY4Y1Q
Please help....

Tornator

Jun 24, 2016
Hi all please help

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Hi all,
For image please click on https://ibb.co/fY4Y1Q
Please help....

Hi,

i currently run my GW01 with the firmware i posted in https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67661877&postcount=22

Regards,
Tornator

MrCandid

May 25, 2017
G3 firmware on A8S

Hi,

i currently run my GW01 with the firmware i posted in https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67661877&postcount=22

Regards,
Tornator

Hi Tornator,
I am looking at purchasing an Volemer A8S (https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img...th-WAP-GPRS-SMS-MP4-USB-For/32787587067.html#) The firmware on the A8S doesn't allow adding additional faces and I'm curious if the firmware would work with this watch as well. The hardware specs appear to be a closer match to the No. 1 G3 than the GW01 in regards to the button layout, SIM and MicroSD.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Tornator

Jun 24, 2016
Hi Tornator,
I am looking at purchasing an Volemer A8S (https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img...th-WAP-GPRS-SMS-MP4-USB-For/32787587067.html#) The firmware on the A8S doesn't allow adding additional faces and I'm curious if the firmware would work with this watch as well. The hardware specs appear to be a closer match to the No. 1 G3 than the GW01 in regards to the button layout, SIM and MicroSD.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

As watchfaces can be installed via VXP files now, i would keep the original firmware. I also only run the original GW01 firmware on my watch.
If you really want try it: Ensure to have a backup.

Matheus Cabral

Jun 13, 2017
I need help, i followed your steps, but i stoped on msg
FLASHTOOL ERROR: S DL MAUI FLASH ID NOT MATCHED WITH TARGET (5095)
MAUI/MOLY, SingleMemory The flash ID of MAUI/MOLY bin is not match to target phone´s flash!
Please check MAUI/MOLY load in built correctly and fit this target

HINT

peterstodo

Aug 14, 2007
Link correct?

Hello,
when I follow the link "en.001phone.cn/download-44.html" I will come to a page with a slide show of diffent watches, no download area. Tapping "back home" and pull down menu "Firmware" brings me to to the selection "Firmware & App of NO.1 Smartwatch" (http://en.001phone.cn/download-60.html) where I cannot find "No.1 G3" but only "No.1 G3+". Tapping on it show different .rar´s, but no one starts with "R02S..." but with "R02C..." e.g. "R02C_V1_2_S2_NO1_B_1702140923".
I am not sure if I can use it or if I brick my GW01 using it...
Direct search for the mentioned filename "R02S-G3_NO1_PLUS_128_T5_L2_G10_B_160304.rar" brings me to "https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByeMRyNUHsNRTGNTNlZ3YzU2X0E/view". That´s another one...
What is the right one for my GW01 (if possible with German language included)?
Thanks, Peter

Tornator

Jun 24, 2016
Hello,
when I follow the link "en.001phone.cn/download-44.html" I will come to a page with a slide show of diffent watches, no download area. Tapping "back home" and pull down menu "Firmware" brings me to to the selection "Firmware & App of NO.1 Smartwatch" (http://en.001phone.cn/download-60.html) where I cannot find "No.1 G3" but only "No.1 G3+". Tapping on it show different .rar´s, but no one starts with "R02S..." but with "R02C..." e.g. "R02C_V1_2_S2_NO1_B_1702140923".
I am not sure if I can use it or if I brick my GW01 using it...
Direct search for the mentioned filename "R02S-G3_NO1_PLUS_128_T5_L2_G10_B_160304.rar" brings me to "https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByeMRyNUHsNRTGNTNlZ3YzU2X0E/view". That´s another one...
What is the right one for my GW01 (if possible with German language included)?
Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter,

I attached the No1 G3 firmware that i used 1 year ago.
But in the meantime, i run only the original GW01 firmware, posted here: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67661877&postcount=22

I recomend to back up your firmware first, If it is newer then my, please upload it for us.

Regards,
Tornator

Attachments

• R02S-G3_NO1_PLUS_128_T5_L2_G10_B_160304.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 247
Last edited:

peterstodo

Aug 14, 2007
Firmware update does not work

Hi,
I tried to flash the firmware from G3 to my GW01 and faided. First action was to install the driver. This was successful, watch is visible in the explorer after having touched "mass storage" on the screen.
Than I followed the instructions as described, hit "download" in the tool and connected the (switched off) watch. Shortly after that battery charging symbol appears on the screen - and nothing more happens. I assume that watch starts in "only charging" and not in "mass storage" mode ?!
After cancellation watch can be started as usual with current firmware.

I would like to try the other firmware bacause I see some problems connecting via BT: Initially all works fine, symbol on the screen is half green/ half blue and I see the full functionality. When connection goes down because out of range, it will not reconnect automatially, but I have to do it manually. Than symbol is just blue and some functions (e.g. find my phone) are not active.

In your answer on my last post regarding the right version you request to upload my current firmware. I would do gladly , but when I can´t get the phone connected to the tool, it will not work. May you give a short explanation how to make a copy of the firmware, please. Autodidactic I tried "read back", added a file and hit "readback". Nothing happens, progress bar keeps at 0%...
Thank for your support, Peter

maurycy551

Dec 5, 2017
Hi.
Does anyone have an original drop from the memory of the watch? I did not make a copy, and I tried to upload the software with NO.1 G3. But now the image is shifted up. I checked all versions of the forum, and there is the same problem on each one. :crying:

Vfns

Aug 26, 2018
Hi.
Does anyone have an original drop from the memory of the watch? I did not make a copy, and I tried to upload the software with NO.1 G3. But now the image is shifted up. I checked all versions of the forum, and there is the same problem on each one. :crying:
Hi all,
Please help....

Did any of you found a solution? I have the same problem

EDIT: I finally found the solution. I used the firmware from this comment
my original firmware backup from Lemfo GW01
R02S_GW01_2_T6_L2_G4_HANCAI_B_1711011748
Release time
2017/11/01 14:48
is available here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UsfbdWdu05F_BJYo846rfvPbwmN5NtAm
100% working
Thanks Numicros

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I got a Ulefone GW01 watch and i was unhappy that it is not possible to have custom watch faces.
    So i flashed my GW01 with a NO.1 G3 firmware and now i can add own watch faces easily by creating the "clock" folder in "mass storage" mode.

Here is what i did:
    1. Install Windows 10 MKT VCOM USB Drivers 32 or 64 bit:
    tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk-vcom-usb-drivers-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial
    used file: Windows_10_MTK_VCOM_USB_Preloader_Drivers_tehnotone.com.zip

I need to use this driver, as i run WIN10 PRO and the driver included to the flash tool did not worked.

2. Get the latest No.1 G3 firmware:
    en.001phone.cn/download-44.html
    Download the version depending on your language needs.
    I used version B: goo.gl/ixzX0j
    filename: R02S-G3_NO1_PLUS_128_T5_L2_G10_B_160304.rar

Extract the archive and check the firmware update docu inside.
    There are also drivers included, which did not worked for me on win 10 PRO.

FYI: Ensure not to connect the watch with USB starting the flash tool.
    ! Ensure that the watch is switched off when you connect it ! (long press button) !
    Follow the steps and finally start "download" in the flash tool. Then connect the watch via USB. Otherwise it will not find the watch and you wait forever...

3. Start the watch again and create the folder "clock" in "mass storage" mode on your watch and place your custom watchfaces.
    -->done

Some remarks:
    Unfornatly I did not backed up the original firmware, so it is lost. I was to lazy to check how to do a backup.

As the NO.1 G3 has a SIM slot, you will get a IMEI error message if you check the quick settings (move finger from top to bottom, not availabe in original firmware). I guess this is not relevant.
    I had a bug in the original firmware that the "height" was not stored properly in the Pedometer. This works now with the new firmware.
    I only use the "Mediatek SmartDevice" app to connect to the phone.
    Everything seems to work fine.

Regards,
    Tornator
    Finally, i'm back into the show. I got my new watch today.
    Before i flash again, did a backup using the "Universal ReadBack Extractor" version 2.4 and length setting 0x01000000" in the flash tool.
    The "How-to" and the tool itself can be found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/readback-extractor-mtk6260-firmware-t3289272
    I attached my firmware to this post.

I had not much time to check it yet, but it is a different version compared to what i had before.
    Version is shown as "R02S_GW01_T6_L2_G4_A_160526"

Differences:
    - In the display options, you can set now the "screen time" to "never out". This woks fine if you disable the "wake-up gesture".
    - The "height" is now stored properly in pedometer settings
    - The "main menue settings" screen "round dial" is gone and we got a simple "list style" view. But i still prefer the "4 apps" view.

Regards,
    Tornator
    I have made a backup yesterday :)

I put the link for download here

If you like press thanks button.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk
    @Tornator
    A million thanks for your bravery and sharing it with us.
    I've thought of it too, as both GW01 and No1 G3 have the exact same hardware but didnt have the guts to try it.
    But seeing your post i did try it and it works!

Now i'm just sitting on photoshop all day designing custom watchfaces. :) :)

For anyone interested these are the first
    Game of Thrones
    got.png

The Walking Dead
    twd.png

Mickey Mouse
    mickey.png

Available here
    Hi @Tornator,

Very good news.

Thanks for the informacion.

I want make this mod too, but I have the following doubts:

Flashtools_GW01.jpg

In flashtools have program to have the risks in the options according to the image?
    Then just press Download and expect to complete the cycle (100%)?

The scatter file is KCT02A_WT_11C_BB.cfg?

You spoke of the possibility of making a backup.

It is possible to Flashtools? I can do it and send you, you just have to give me the steps to do so.

Regards,
    Jorge