Ulefone Paris (Full Review & Discussions) 5.0 Inch HD, Metal frame, MTK6753

Search This thread

caobe

Mar 28, 2014
I followed the instructions and installed AICP 11 ,but on reboot remains stuck on ulefone logo,waiting about a hour.Reinstaled Perfect Rom, stok rom, reinstaled TWRP all version,work all. But AICP 11 same problem.Which would be the problem ?
Hi Valipeth
AICP 11 only can be installed in Recovery mode, you have recovery mode in your phone? If yes, did you Wipe Dalvik cache, System, Cache and Data?
After this install the Rom and reboot, it takes normally about 10 minutes to start the system.

I'm here for any help

Reactions: StefanBuljic

Valipeth

Jun 10, 2016
Yes I know, first I installed TWRP 3.0.2-1, after that installed from recovery AICIP 11 with wipe Dalvik cache, System, Cache and Data.

Last edited:

caobe

Mar 28, 2014
Yes I know, first I installed TWRP 3.0.2-1, after that installed from recovery AICIP 11 with wipe Dalvik cache, System, Cache and Data.

Strange?
Have you tried another install?
Unless the software has corrupted!
Try download again and follow the steps, I go to download and try to install the Rom.

caobe

Mar 28, 2014
Update for AICP 11

Today I've downloaded the installation file of AICP 11 and I came to the conclusion that it really is not well, so at the bottom of this post is a new link to a new Rom.
This software is what I have for install in my phone.
Sorry guys, my apologies to everyone for what happened.

Don't forget to follow the instructions of my original post!

AICP 11
https://mega.nz/#!otBzRahL!u-5UdpvhLPhgYXWDa2q7F381Sy2bhq9RvTl66e9Txj4

Update for Stagefright
https://mega.nz/#!Zg4GEBJR!7hVJ5Iz4-_ad9Hh4oU9EM_9odnpizyZ723ev3yaoW7s

Valipeth

Jun 10, 2016
Very good rom, I found two problems : Does not work bluetooth(the button does not stay on),the bottom buttons do not vibrate to a short touch(back,home,menu).Vibrate only if is long presed(except back) .Good work.Great battery life.

Last edited:

antoniose30

Aug 13, 2013
Hello guys, I'm afraid the development of this phone has finished. I'd like to ask what do you think is the best Rom for daily use, Whith less bugs and no malware. What are your opinions?

Thanks

Enviado desde mi ALE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

antoniose30

Aug 13, 2013
gapps

Try AICP 11
You find the post at page 112, the links are updated
Follow the instructions and you'll be fine

Hello, I tried that ROM and everything seems ok, but I'm afraid it doesn't have gapps installed. Where can I get them?.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Very good rom, I found two problems : Does not work bluetooth(the button does not stay on),the bottom buttons do not vibrate to a short touch(back,home,menu).Vibrate only if is long presed(except back) .Good work.Great battery life.

Any fix for the bluetooth problem?. It is important for me.

caobe

Mar 28, 2014

It seems that the bluetooth doesn't work, I don't know why neither how to fix it, sorry :(

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Hello, I tried that ROM and everything seems ok, but I'm afraid it doesn't have gapps installed. Where can I get them?.

Thanks

---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------
You find the GAPPS here:
http://opengapps.org/
Choose ARM64, 6.0, and the variant you want, Nano or Pico it's fine (I use Pico)
Download the zipe file (or transfer) to your external SD Card, reboot in recovery and install the zip file, there's no need to wipe cache.
You can download the Open Gaps app in the same page!

Reactions: antoniose30

antoniose30

Aug 13, 2013
I love this AICP, but without Bluetooth is useless for me. Can anybody recomend me the best Rom for daily use?

Enviado desde mi ALE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

cuvetto

Nov 12, 2012
Palermo
Hi guys, I'm working on new ROM, Lineage 14.1 (Nougat). My work is going streight on, and I hope to release a test version tonight. I fixed a lot of bug, and I think that is usable now. First of all, you need a new TWRP 3.1.1-0 I compiled, in order to flash the new rom!
If somebody want to test, Please contact me or @caobe.
In order to chat with us during the test, we use whatsapp account. Don't write us if you don't use It.
Thanks!!

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

caobe

Mar 28, 2014
Hi guys, Cuvetto is working on a new ROM, Lineage 14.1 (Nougat). His work is going straight on, and he hopes to release a test version tonight. He fixed a lot of bugs, and think that's usable now. First of all, you need a new TWRP 3.1.1-0, in order to flash the new rom!
If somebody want to help us in the test, please contact me or @cuvetto.
In order to chat with us during the test, we use whatsapp account. Don't write to us if you don't use It.
Thanks!!

Reactions: milan1984

moki155

Apr 19, 2014
Hi guys, I'm working on new ROM, Lineage 14.1 (Nougat). My work is going streight on, and I hope to release a test version tonight. I fixed a lot of bug, and I think that is usable now. First of all, you need a new TWRP 3.1.1-0 I compiled, in order to flash the new rom!
If somebody want to test, Please contact me or @caobe.
In order to chat with us during the test, we use whatsapp account. Don't write us if you don't use It.
Thanks!!

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

:good:

I wish you luck and am happy that you still work at rom for paris

caobe

Mar 28, 2014
Hi guys, Cuvetto is working on a new ROM, Lineage 14.1 (Nougat). His work is going straight on, and he hopes to release a test version tonight. He fixed a lot of bugs, and think that's usable now. First of all, you need a new TWRP 3.1.1-0, in order to flash the new rom!
If somebody want to help us in the test, please contact me or @cuvetto.
In order to chat with us during the test, we use whatsapp account. Don't write to us if you don't use It.
Thanks!!

Hi guys, I'm testing this new rom and I can tell you, this is the best port made for our beloved Paris!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally we are at the end of the search of root for this fantastic phone, before to pass to on how to get the root, I wanted to thank Bovirus for its continuous interest despite not having our phone, nerik73 that has found the discussion in Russia and sent me the files for test and especially me, although I lost count of how many times I sent in brick the phone, I never gave up. But let us.
    As we know, at present it does not seem to exist programs (for PC, or apk format) that allow you to make the root directly, and so the only solution is to flash it through recovery, which obviously has to be modded.
    Short introduction, before venturing into the process, try to be clear that can go wrong and you end up with your phone bricked, but that the solution exists and is called SP Flash Tool. Get familiar with this program, download the official firmware Stock (you can find it HERE ). In case everything goes wrong, you can just flash the firmware original and start again. I remind you that a modded recovery, will preclude the way for future new official update. Before update it, and make your calculations.
    To begin then, download SP Flash Tool which in its latest version for Windows, you will find HERE (thanks Bovirus). Unpack and get ready to use it.
    As I said the first thing to do is install the modding recovery (TWRP) you can found it HERE. Unpack this file and put it in a folder where inside there will be the scatter file and the file "recovery.img".
    Now begins the real work of installation.
    Open the program SP Flash Tool and first go the top right and click where it says "scatter-LOADING", and select the file scatter you find inside the folder you just created. At this point, will load several files, you must go on the left and from the drop-down menu select "FIRMWARE UPGRADE". Be careful not to mistake this step because sometimes you could change by yourself and then the risk of overwriting your IMEI.
    Go down below and make sure that one of the selected files, there is only "RECOVERY". At this point you are ready to flash.
    Before you press the button "DOWNLOAD" in the top, remember that your smartphone must be off. For safety, remove the battery and let the taken for ten seconds and then put it back, BUT NOT TURN ON THE PHONE, and not connect it to your PC.
    At this point you can press up on DOWNLOAD, and only after, the phone must be connected to the PC.
    15ewb43.png

The procedure lasts a few seconds and a message will appear at the center of the screen. At this point you can remove the phone from your PC and reboot into recovery to see if everything went well.
    The image of the new touch recovery, is this:
    j14mth.png

At this point you have the modded recovery. I want to clarify that I do not know why, this procedure had work for me after the second flash, and tje first time I found myself again with the original recovery.
    If this happens to you, you redo the procedure again.
    Now we have to install our SuperSU and Busybox through recovery .... this is the real root procedure.
    We download the file from HERE (SuperSU) and HERE (BusyBox) and let's put it as it is, in our MicroSD card the phone.
    Reboot the phone into recovery and press INSTALL (remember that the recovery is touch), it will open this window:
    2rn7knd.png

Find your SuperSU file, select it and swipe down to confirmed the operation. Find also your Busybox file, and do the same thing. Then, always with the swipe, at the end of everything, restart the terminal.
    CONGRATULATIONS ... YOU HAVE ROOTED YOUR ULEFONE PARIS !!!
    Full in-depth review

▽ Camera samples http://www.mediafire.com/folder/eakxk6b6iepzc/Ulefone_Paris_Camera_Samples
    ▽ The charger & real mAh tested here: http://peecee.dk/uploads/102015/S7YLER.BLOGSPOT.jpg

The Ulefone Paris comes with a metal, thin and light design that is very similar to Apple's iPhone 6 / iPhone 6S design language.

The screen measures 5 inches and comes with a fitting 1280*720 resolution. The specs and resolution might not be top notch, but it is ideal for such a small screen and the viewing experience will not be impacted. This model is very good value for money!

ROOT / TWRP (thanks to cuvetto for the post)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=63587992&postcount=16

Firmware version 16/11/2015 (thnx to Cuvetto)
    https://goo.gl/kvZTch (20151116_Android 5.1_ulefone Paris.rar)
    More here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64009703&postcount=35

Ulefone support
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AHHeMvFii7VIoxo&id=C87E555FF8A334EB!212&cid=C87E555FF8A334EB

Firmware v. 23.11.2015
    https://goo.gl/M8OdLU

Modded firmware for Ulefone Paris by cuvetto here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64841642&postcount=112

Highlights
    - 5.0 inch screen, 1280x720 pixels
    - MTK6753 1.3 GHz Octa Core
    - 2 GB RAM + 16 GB ROM
    - Metalframe
    - Notification LED & tough buttons with backlight
    - 2.5D Arc curved glass
    - Gorilla Glass 3 (according to Ulefone)
    - 13MP main OV camera f/1.8 + 5MP front camera
    - Android 5.1 OS
    - GPS with GLONASS support
    - 2250 mAh Sony battery
    - Supports 2G & 3G & 4G LTE Network
    - Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B20

Charger / mAh / Battery
    S7YLER.BLOGSPOT.jpg

DSC01569.JPG

3.JPG

---------------------------------------------------

Ulefone's next 5-inch device will be called “Paris”

Days ago Ulefone asked their users on Facebook to help name their next 5-inch device between Ulefone Lite and Air. But a banner appeared yesterday on their official site showing that there will come a new phone named Ulefone Paris. The company confirmed that the two actions referred to the same device.

It’s not clear why the naming should change all in a sudden. But it seems to us that the company wants to add the phone some flavor of art derived from the New Wave. The banner reveals the launch time will be next month and the place, well, I don’t think will really be under the Eiffel tower.

According to early news, the specs of Ulefone Paris will include 5-inch HD display, and MTK6753 chipset. But it’s not sure if there will be change on these features, too.

Totally, the next 1 month or so, it is expected to see 3 new products from Ulefone, including the 6200mAh-battery device Ulefone Power and the Smartwatch Ulefone Uwear, beside the Ulefone Paris as before mentioned.

paris.jpg

(Source from Ulefone.com)

------------------------------------------------------------

Ulefone Paris Design Revealed: A hybrid of iPhone 6 and Meizu MX4

I got some real photos of the Ulefone Paris, which shows that the 5-inch Ulefone device will borrow the design of both iPhone 6 and Meizu MX4.

Or you can say it is a mini Ulefone Be Touch 2 just with the iPhone-6-particular push home button changed into a touch button as also seen on the Meizu MX4 and M1 Note. The circular button will also have light as on the Meizu phones when it is touched. And there will actually be capacitive menu and back buttons with light, left and right to the home key but they are invisible when not used.

The Ulefone Paris also inherited the 2.5D glass and metal frame from Ulefone Be Touch and Be Touch 2. And the general design is not very different, just smaller, and maybe thinner.

150722%2B%25281%2529.JPG

150722%2B%25282%2529.JPG
    It is with pride that I inform you that I managed to make the porting of the famous CM12.1 (Android 5.1.1).
    The Rom works very well, and at the moment there are some bugs that I want to try to fix before releasing, we list below the bugs that I found and what I have yet to be completed:

- Bluetooth (problem apparently the Cyan, try to insist ...);
    - Camera (crashes when switching to the front, perfect to back, no selfies .... for now ....);
    - FM radio (like any tradition of Cyan, does not work ....).

WORKING:

- Network (by phone or data connection)
    - Wi-fi
    - Various sensors (except the Hall sensor)
    - Battery Management
    - Audio (seems improved, placebo effect ... ??)
    - Integrated Gapps (Play store, Youtube and google search, the rest everyone can scaricarselo the market to suit your needs);
    - Integrated Root (To be updated after the first start the executable)

Unfortunately, I'm working alone, I can not test everything 100% and still have a private life and the phone also I need it "usable" ... for the moment I find myself flashing even 20 times a day, including tests flash and restore my back-up ....
    By virtue of the above, at the time did not release this, but ask users participation .... I could use someone to try it, even better if you help me, but when I say try it, I mean it must be taken at least 24 hours, in order to test its behavior, if there are other bug where to intervene, battery management (should be improved, including loading) and many other things that, unfortunately, for reasons of work and testing (he flashed constantly looking for solutions), do not allow me a constant test of at least 24 hours.
    If anyone is interested, write to me in private and we'll talk, .... I pass the link and acts as my testing, abstain ... if you are in the grip of curiosity, so much ... I will release sooner or later, it is now the time to test it and try to improve it, not to use it .....
    I WAIT FOR YOU!!!

Inviato dal mio Paris con Tapatalk 2
    I inform you that I'm Trying MM, and I can tell you that I have TWRP and Root full workly. I want only update some italian translating problem (as well), mod something, and I'll release my first PerfectRom MM (Beta, like this MM edition, but perfectly working). Please inform me if you find something to correct (malware, ecc).
    Stay tuned!!!
    I created a new TWRP on 3.0.0 version. The changelog you can find on this post: http://www.xda-developers.com/twrp-3-0-0-has-arrived/

To use it for our Ulefone Paris, you need to install like the older, through SP Flash Tool:

TWRP 3.0.0 - Ulefone Paris

2gsg3gh.png
    nee493.png
    149mira.png

i4ejqc.png
    2d8p5j9.png