Ulefone power 2

Search This thread

bialyikar

Dec 11, 2014
poznań
I had to restore the clean system, after restoring I do not have access to any programs. Launcher does not start, I can only run system settings. I've said it 3 times: /
I say goodbye to this phone and Ulefone.

Attachments

• IMG_20180105_165248.jpg
    IMG_20180105_165248.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20180105_165408.jpg
    IMG_20180105_165408.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20180105_165331.jpg
    IMG_20180105_165331.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: klorofill

Aaron.Stevens

Jan 15, 2018
Factory Reset not allowing me to chose option

Hi All,

Anyone having an issue after entering the hard factory reset option screen (holding Power and UpVol) that you can move among the 3 choices but cant select them :rolleyes:

Also have Win10 and cant seem to Format + Download with the Smartphone Flash Tools. Think this is because the Ports VCOM devices Mgr option doesn't stick around after powering the device only have a MTP drives not an MTK (may be wrong)

Can anyone help. All this becase I lost my access pattern and want to reset everything.

A

Last edited:

bialyikar

Dec 11, 2014
poznań
Hi All,

Anyone having an issue after entering the hard factory reset option screen (holding Power and UpVol) that you can move among the 3 choices but cant select them :rolleyes:

Also have Win10 and cant seem to Format + Download with the Smartphone Flash Tools. Think this is because the Ports VCOM devices Mgr option doesn't stick around after powering the device only have a MTP drives not an MTK (may be wrong)

Can anyone help. All this becase I lost my access pattern and want to reset everything.

A

A bit late, but maybe still useful.

"holding Power and UpVol" isn't "hard factory reset" option ;) Anyway, when you entering the "Power + UpVol" menu, you navigate witch "VolUp" and accept witch "VolDown".

If You hawe to format / bring back the factory software, follow the instructions:

-Download Power 2 - ROM
- Unpack FlashTools, and Click on Flash_tool.exe
- Select "scatter-Loading" and search MT6750_Android_scatter.txt in ROM
- Wait file to be added into Flash Tool
- Select "Download Only" or if upgrade "Firmware upgrade"
- Turn off your phone, remove the battery (if the battery is removable) and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
- Press “Download” button to start
- and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
- The process will start and a red progress bar will appear after color purple, yellow.
- And green circles display
- Finish !
- You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on.
https://www.needrom.com/download/ulefone-power-2-2/
https://www.getdroidtips.com/nougat-firmware-ulefone-power-2/

LauraAnn87

Mar 29, 2018
My Power 2

Hi everyone!

Quiet in here! I did think this phone might be one of those, but I got hold of it cheap from someone who had bricked it... After reflashing it was fine for months until now, so I thought I'd share my story in case it helps anyone.

So, I'm currently having huge charging problems - poor connection with all chargers, the charger has to be in a certain position to work at all, and many cables don't work. It's currently taking around 26 hours for a full charge when the device is powered off.

After some research, it appears that the charging port is on a PCB which is held in place with a single screw and can easily become dislodged if you aren't gentle with it - apparently using third-party chargers can cause this, too.

In terms of a fix, the part is available at a reasonable price on eBay.

I have ordered this but am still waiting for it to arrive (from Hong Kong, of course! :rolleyes:) I've had a quote of £35 to have the fix done by the professionals! There is a disassembly video for the Power 2 on YouTube.

I will report back once I've had the fix done! Hope this helps if anyone else has the same issue.

In other news on this device, I asked Ulefone support about the Oreo upgrade we were promised, and this is the response I received... :(

Hi,

I am sorry to tell that since we cannot get type approval from Google, so our plan to upgrade to Android 8.1 is cancelled.

Thks!

[email protected]

If my phone does get fixed, I'd like to perhaps have a go at trying to port LineageOS for us at some point... I think Ulefone may support this in some capacity, at least unofficially - they've released the kernel source for the Metal on their blog with a call for 'third-party developers' to create custom ROMs... Does anyone want to maybe get involved? I know very little about porting ROMs as it stands, but I'm a quick learner! ;)

Hopefully, I'm not the only one who still has this phone!

Laura

Reactions: dahnt

bialyikar

Dec 11, 2014
poznań
I had a similar problem with the USB port. The phone was charging if the USB was predicted to be tilted up or down. I ordered the plate with the port from Aliexpres, it cost $ 9.25 (I attach a picture with a selection). However, it did not have a metal mesh glued on one side, which caused serious problems with Bluetooth and WiFi connection. After removing this tape and pasting it on a new PCB, Bluetooth has improved, but WiFi still has problems: /
The plate can be replaced manually without major problems.

As for the phone itself, I finally changed it up to Lenovo P2. Lenovo has a smaller battery, and the battery lasts a lot longer (I recommend). I put in a comparison of battery life time for Ulefone Power 2, Ulefone P2 and Xiaomi Mi Note 2.

Battery tests:

Ulefone Power_2 4/64 (3h > 75%/69%/70%)
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/56156
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/55998
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/55927

Lenovo P2 4/64 (3h > 89%!(energy saver)/80%/72%/76%)
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/56095
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/56002
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/55880

Xiaomi Mi Note 2 6/128 (3h > 62%/53%/63%/57%)
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/57398
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/56246
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/battery/56203

Attachments

• IMG_20180329_212823.jpg
    IMG_20180329_212823.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_2018-03-29-22-21-06-909_com.android.chrome2.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-29-22-21-06-909_com.android.chrome2.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 71

mbs.yaswanth

Sep 13, 2016
Hi everyone!

Quiet in here! I did think this phone might be one of those, but I got hold of it cheap from someone who had bricked it... After reflashing it was fine for months until now, so I thought I'd share my story in case it helps anyone.

So, I'm currently having huge charging problems - poor connection with all chargers, the charger has to be in a certain position to work at all, and many cables don't work. It's currently taking around 26 hours for a full charge when the device is powered off.

After some research, it appears that the charging port is on a PCB which is held in place with a single screw and can easily become dislodged if you aren't gentle with it - apparently using third-party chargers can cause this, too.

In terms of a fix, the part is available at a reasonable price on eBay.

I have ordered this but am still waiting for it to arrive (from Hong Kong, of course! :rolleyes:) I've had a quote of £35 to have the fix done by the professionals! There is a disassembly video for the Power 2 on YouTube.

I will report back once I've had the fix done! Hope this helps if anyone else has the same issue.

In other news on this device, I asked Ulefone support about the Oreo upgrade we were promised, and this is the response I received... :(

Hi,

I am sorry to tell that since we cannot get type approval from Google, so our plan to upgrade to Android 8.1 is cancelled.

Thks!

[email protected]

If my phone does get fixed, I'd like to perhaps have a go at trying to port LineageOS for us at some point... I think Ulefone may support this in some capacity, at least unofficially - they've released the kernel source for the Metal on their blog with a call for 'third-party developers' to create custom ROMs... Does anyone want to maybe get involved? I know very little about porting ROMs as it stands, but I'm a quick learner! ;)

Hopefully, I'm not the only one who still has this phone!

Laura
I also had the same problem with the USB port. I bought the replacement charging port from banggood.com and assembled it myself. It's actually very easy, the only thing that we need to solder is the vibration motor to the board. Rest of all are just removing screws and unclipping connections.
Yeah, I'm still using this phone and interested in porting lineage os to this. I'm also new to it but will try my best to work on it. Hope we will form a team and make it happen soon.

Reactions: dahnt

LauraAnn87

Mar 29, 2018
Sorry for the late reply in here, but unfortunately I think my Power 2 may be dead!

I had the fix done on the charging port, and all was well for a few weeks. Then all of a sudden when I received a text, Google Play Services stopped and the device crashed. I then ended up in a bootloop unable to get into Android.

I could connect to the PC in flash mode so tried to flash stock, but I had weird errors from SP Flash Tool - 'PMT error' and such. I tried Format+Download, the format worked but the flash did not, so now I have no OS!

Not sure what else to do with this now - I am wondering if it is perhaps an eMMC failure. In SP Flash tool I can flash the preloader successfully but nothing else...

I got a new device, the Oukitel K8000 - it's actually very similar and I do really like it. I'd love to fix my Power 2 if possible though, so if anybody has any suggestions please let me know! If it is only software and can be flashed, I can use it as a dev phone! ?

If this is a hardware fault, I have a feeling it may have been caused by the fact that I have never had the original charger for this phone (I acquired it second-hand in a bootloop!) I was using a cheap fast charger off eBay. Those still using this phone should probably try and use the original charger wherever possible!

I'll stay subscribed to this thread, and if anyone needs any spare parts they can let me know. ?

Laura

Sent from my Oukitel K8000 using XDA Labs

novakmi

Oct 4, 2014
TWRP + ROOT (Magisk) + XPosed

Hello Power 2 users,

just want to confirm I have successfully rooted Power 2 using steps from message #15 of this thread.
I had latest android update installed on the phone.
I wanted to flash twrp with SPFlashTool, but it gave me always some error.
So I decided steps in message #15. Before that I have uploaded Magisk 16.0 to phone internal memory and SD card (just for case)

In settings enabled OEM Unlocking, then

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot reboot

Phone is reset after this step.
Enable developer options, USB debugging.

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Press power button until phone shuts downs (immediately release it), then press VolUP + Power buttons and select RECOVERY (with VolUP) and confirm with (VolDOWN).
Once in TWRP, attach mouse and install Magisk 16.0.

Reboot to the system. Install Magisk manager apk.
Through Magisk manager install Xposed Systemless for Android 7.0, reboot
Install Xposed installer, reboot
With Xposed installer I have installed GravityBox for Android 7.0 (N).

Everything seems OK.
Possibility to use Magisk + Xposed gives better value to this Phone.

Reactions: alpsayin

nsk103

Jul 19, 2014
Hi Team, suddenly my Ulefone power 2 navigation bar not working don't know why?
I did hard reset but no use. Is it touch problem or software problem? Please advise

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you go, TWRP for Ulefone Power 2 :)

What you need to do before you start flashing:

0) You need to have ADB installed on your computer, if you have Windows, the easiest way is by using 15 Seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3.

1) Your bootloader must be unlocked, otherwise flashing recovery will fail using fastboot command. PLEASE NOTE: When unlocking the bootloader, your phone will do a factory reset automatically, so backup all your important files beforehand.

To unlock the bootloader:
    a) Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Build number (tap on it 7 times to unlock Developer Options) -> Tap on back to Settings menu then Developer Options.
    b) Now move the slider for "OEM Unlocking" to enable it, say yes to the warning message.
    c) Enable "USB Debugging"
    d) Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable, say Yes for the dialog on your phone to trust your computer for debugging using USB.
    e) Run command prompt and type
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Then press enter
    f) Once in bootloader, type
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    Then press Volume UP on your phone to allow OEM Unlock. It shouldn't take long, just few seconds and a message will appear on command prompt saying success or OK.
    g) Type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    To reboot your phone, it might reboot twice, it will do a factory reset and you will have to "Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging" again. As a side note, you will also notice that OEM Unlocking is grayed out. It will remain like that unless you do "fastboot oem lock" or erase the entire phone (might erase imei, but can be restored using SN Writer Tool) and/or flash bootloader using SP_FLASH_TOOL, but I digress. :eek:

2) Before you flash TWRP recovery, you must have SuperSu zip file on your phone beforehand, otherwise, your phone will not boot to Android. It has to do with something about the original TWRP for Oukitel k6000+, since the author of that TWRP port said so in the instructions about how to flash the recovery.

So download SR1-SuperSU-v2.82-SR1-20170608224931.zip from this link or the original SuperSu thread on XDA, and copy the file into your phone, say inside the Download folder in the internal memory of your phone.

3) Open command prompt again if it is not already open, type
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

4) Once in bootloader, type
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery C:\TWRP-recovery-20170618-1340.img
    Note: You replace the path for the TWRP recovery to where you have the file, to make it easier, just put it in the root of C drive.
    Also, if you don't already know, while in command prompt, you can type C:\TWRP then press TAB to auto-complete the file name for you, so you don't have to type lengthy file names. Keep pressing TAB to cycle between similar occurrences, that is, if you have more than one file that their names start with TWRP :D

5) Press power button until phone shuts down. Then press Volume UP + Power and keep holding until you see super tiny text with 3 options to cycle between. Release your fingers from Volume Up + Power, then cycle between the options using Volume Up only, choose "RECOVERY" which is the first in the menu, then press Volume DOWN to select.

6) Wait a few seconds, you will be inside TWRP, connect your phone with a mouse since touch doesn't work here. Once you do, you will see a mouse pointer appear. I used a wireless mouse with bluetooth dongle, with an adapter to change USB port size.

7) Slide the slider to the right, to enable modifications to System partition. Don't press anything else, unless you know Russian, I don't :eek:.

8) To change the language to English or your own language, click on the third button of the second column. Then click on the Globe tab on the top right corner, change language, then press the only button at the bottom to accept. Language of the UI is changed.

9) Click "Install", browse for the SuperSu zip file you have downloaded to your phone, for example inside the Download folder. And then select it.

10) Slide to the right to flash SuperSu.

11) From the TWRP menus, you can reboot your phone.

12) Enjoy your rooted Power 2 phone. :good::)

---------- Post added at 04:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

I would very much like to give this a go with my ulefone power 2!

Check the post above :good:
    hello , i got a ulefone power 2 but unfortunately its not powering on. As i am from india and returning or replacing is costly and timetaking process, i need you guys to help me. I tried to flash it with software available on the website but stuck. I need some checksum.ini file which is not there in the firmware file provided. So anyone please help me. the phone doesnt even show the ulefone logo. i can just see the charging percentage when the charger is connected, then keeping it connected i tried to turn on but didnt work. keeping the charger connected ,after some time the display goes off and no mater how long you press the power button , the display doesnt show up. I can only see the notification bulb.

Yeah, I had the same issue with the software that comes from Ulefone, it was asking for Checksum Generator that I have to download separately, it was like 150kb stand alone executable, you put it in the same folder of your stock ROM and wait forever for it to build the Checksum, which unfortunately didn't work since it complains about multiple RECOVRY images. So scratch that.

What you need to do, is as I did, download SP FLASH TOOL, it works great, no shinanigans or bullsh!t. It flashed the stock ROM in less than 2 minutes (around 1:30 seconds, to be exact) and revived my phone. There are plenty of youtube tutorials on how to use it. It is easy, just load the scatter file, for the other file, you can use the same all in one mtk file that comes with SP FLash Tool (I did this) or use the one from your STOCK ROM.

I hope that helps :good:

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Soft bricked :laugh: trying to recover the phone, official ulefone guide is useless. Getting some error about a missing checksum.ini file. Will keep this thread updated ;)

All went well until step 9, where I realised factory reset deleted the supersu zip. So I tried to reboot into system to download it again. It never booted. Doesnt even go into adb mode.
    Fastboot mode and TWRP intact (TWRP needs a mouse). I was able to flash original recovery via fastboot, getting "cannot load system.img" error when I try to flash system (it appears I might need to update my adb/fastboot version).

UPDATE: was able to flash the stock rom. And tried to follow the guide again, and faced the same symptoms. If i have working TWRP, then the system doesnt boot. And vice-versa. Will keep updated, i'm a persistent mf

All I can think of, you did something wrong. Initially, while I was trying to port TWRP, I had the same issue, I was trying to save some steps by flashing the recovery after I unlocked the bootloader without rebooting, the result was TWRP was not able to see any partitions.

Flash Stock-ROM and redo the steps. If you flash the preloader you might have to OEM Unlock your phone again.

I mentioned that if you "do not flash SuperSu, the system will NOT boot to Android". Also mentioned that after you unlock the bootloader, you have to RE-ENABLE USB Debugging, and while you are at it, check to see if your bootloader is unlocked inside Developer Options.

Edit: BTW, try not to unlock the bootloader if it is already unlocked. If it is unlocked, then skip the steps for unlocking the bootloader. It might cause an issue.

These are the steps I used to flash TWRP and I was able to flash SuperSu, all rooted apps are working fine, AdAway, Lucky Patcher...etc!
    Got an update today, lost my fingerprint sensor..

Update: off/on of phone brought back fingerprint..

Sent from my Power_2 using XDA Free mobile app
    I will copy my post from needrom website.

I have successfully rooted my two Power 2 phones. I had to port the TWRP recovery from Oukitel k6000 plus using Carliv Image Kitchen and following some online tutorials.

The only issue is, TWRP is semi functional, that is, touch doesn't work. I had to connect a mouse to my phone via OTG usb port and using some dongle to make USB smaller to fit the port. Also it comes with Russian language as default, but can be changed to English or any other as the original TWRP from Oukitel k6000+ (3rd button from second column, then click on Globe tab at the top right then choose English and the only button at the bottom to accept the change).

I am trying to fix this with no luck so far. But at least I am rooted and I was able to flash "SR1-SuperSU-v2.82-SR1-20170608224931.zip" which is the latest as of writing this. SuperSu functions properly and I am able to use AdAway.

If anyone is interested in the recovery image, I will post it. I flashed it using fastboot though after unlocking the bootloader using "fastboot oem unlock"
    TWRP + ROOT (Magisk) + XPosed

Hello Power 2 users,

just want to confirm I have successfully rooted Power 2 using steps from message #15 of this thread.
    I had latest android update installed on the phone.
    I wanted to flash twrp with SPFlashTool, but it gave me always some error.
    So I decided steps in message #15. Before that I have uploaded Magisk 16.0 to phone internal memory and SD card (just for case)

In settings enabled OEM Unlocking, then

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot oem unlock
    fastboot reboot

Phone is reset after this step.
    Enable developer options, USB debugging.

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Press power button until phone shuts downs (immediately release it), then press VolUP + Power buttons and select RECOVERY (with VolUP) and confirm with (VolDOWN).
    Once in TWRP, attach mouse and install Magisk 16.0.

Reboot to the system. Install Magisk manager apk.
    Through Magisk manager install Xposed Systemless for Android 7.0, reboot
    Install Xposed installer, reboot
    With Xposed installer I have installed GravityBox for Android 7.0 (N).

Everything seems OK.
    Possibility to use Magisk + Xposed gives better value to this Phone.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone