ulefone power 5 twrp and root!!

Search This thread

Kyr4l

Oct 5, 2015
Redmi 9
From further research, it's an issue TWRP has with android 8 and higher. No full fix yet unfortunately. But i'm sure there will be soon enough. I'm still going to try anyway. Haha.
And in relation to the finger print thing. Mine works perfectly. Are you using your thumb?

some people on other forums (i don't remember wich one sry) said that adding a password prompt when booting phone allow to decrypt with twrp using this password, does someone tried this ?:confused:

Feb 17, 2019
Okay so i need to reinstall fastboot and adb drivers ?

And i don't understand that part : "Don't boot into normal mode. This should decrypt your device, so if you accidentally get into recovery, the main partition shouldn't get encrypted"
Does that mean that i shouldn't boot in normal mode after flashing SuperSU? (I don't want Magisk)

Sorry for the late answer.

I see that you've already rooted the phone, so I'll skip straight to the second question, in case the answer becomes useful.

The main problem I had after rooting the phone and installing TWRP was that every time I got into recovery, whether by accident or not, it would prompt me for a decryption password. My normal password as well as default_password didn't work and the main partition was still encrypted.

I've done a little research and found out that by booting into recovery and rooting instantly fixes it.

So, to answer your question: After flashing TWRP don't boot it up to the casual android setup and don't let android start. Apparently this will encrypt the device. Instead, after flashing, disconnect the phone and hold (I forgot the key combination) I believe Volume Up + Power button and boot into TWRP and root it straight away.

TLDR; A guy on the internet said to skip the android setup process and boot into TWRP instantly after flashing, and install root from there before even accessing android to avoid device encryption.

I also have a file that I found on 4PDA that apparently removes the encryption completely. Can't confirm whether it works or not. At that point my phone died (Not because of the file)Please use with caution at own risk.

Attachments

• no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip
    1 MB · Views: 58

Kyr4l

Oct 5, 2015
Redmi 9
Sorry for the late answer.

I see that you've already rooted the phone, so I'll skip straight to the second question, in case the answer becomes useful.

The main problem I had after rooting the phone and installing TWRP was that every time I got into recovery, whether by accident or not, it would prompt me for a decryption password. My normal password as well as default_password didn't work and the main partition was still encrypted.

I've done a little research and found out that by booting into recovery and rooting instantly fixes it.

So, to answer your question: After flashing TWRP don't boot it up to the casual android setup and don't let android start. Apparently this will encrypt the device. Instead, after flashing, disconnect the phone and hold (I forgot the key combination) I believe Volume Up + Power button and boot into TWRP and root it straight away.

TLDR; A guy on the internet said to skip the android setup process and boot into TWRP instantly after flashing, and install root from there before even accessing android to avoid device encryption.

I also have a file that I found on 4PDA that apparently removes the encryption completely. Can't confirm whether it works or not. At that point my phone died (Not because of the file)Please use with caution at own risk.
That means i'm screwed x), i won't do a factory reset for now tbh, encryption doesn't cause any issues i guess, but i think the boot image i flashed already has magisk, i mean i didn't flashed it and i got magisk manager on my home screen, and it's working perfectly so i guess i would have to flash it via TWRP

Kyr4l

Oct 5, 2015
Redmi 9
Btw does someone know how to set more volume steps ?
Changing it in build.prop doesn't workan volumesteps+ in xposed doesn't work either

Kyr4l

Oct 5, 2015
Redmi 9
It's easy actually. Download Gravitybox from the Play Store and do that through the app. It also has a lot of other features as well.
I know GB, but that's too much for me actually
I just want more steps to my volume slider,
Btw i've seen on some forums people said that GB is slowing down their phone a little, maybe because of it's heavy hooking method due to Xposed
That module is too heavy for what i need ti be simple

KilljoyTDA

Jun 23, 2015
Hey everyone.
I just got my Power 5 and tried to install TWRP, as one does when they receive a new phone. But while the installation goes well (on both flashtool and fastboot), going into TWRP never worked.
All it does instead is go black with a green stripe on top, and then reboot. I saw on a russian forum that I'm not the only one to have this problem, and that it seems related to a new revision of the Power 5 (which may have a different screen apparently). Some guy posted a fixed version of TWRP but the link was dead.
Is anyone here aware of this issue, and better, a fix?

Kyr4l

Oct 5, 2015
Redmi 9
Hey everyone.
I just got my Power 5 and tried to install TWRP, as one does when they receive a new phone. But while the installation goes well (on both flashtool and fastboot), going into TWRP never worked.
All it does instead is go black with a green stripe on top, and then reboot. I saw on a russian forum that I'm not the only one to have this problem, and that it seems related to a new revision of the Power 5 (which may have a different screen apparently). Some guy posted a fixed version of TWRP but the link was dead.
Is anyone here aware of this issue, and better, a fix?
A new revision ? The power 5S maybe ?

oes20

Jul 1, 2014
Tholen
Hi all, im back.
I followed the guide to root my power 5, and it perfectly worked. I installed two mods using magisk. One mod was giving me trouble, so i decided to deinstall it. Then the real trouble began. It suffered from bootloops, so I restarted using twrp and that was working. But then it stopped working totally. Bootloader will not appear but it is restarting straight into twrp.
Any advise is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Just started download and pressed the vol. up and power button to start the process. I'll let you know if it is happening again.

Last edited:

gamr13

Apr 5, 2017
I’ve had this happen to me, so, here’s what to do:
1) Boot TWRP
2) Tap ‘Advanced’
3) Tap ‘ADB Sideload’
4) Swipe
5) Press ‘Cancel’
6) Plug the phone into your PC
7) open a CMD window
8) Navigate to your Platform Tools folder where ADB is
9) type ‘adb reboot bootloader’
10) Open Flash Tool
11) Set up Flash Tool like before
12) Enjoy!

Please let me know if you have any further issues but this has worked flawlessly for me. :)

Reactions: Kyr4l

Kyr4l

Oct 5, 2015
Redmi 9
1) Boot TWRP
2) Tap ‘Advanced’
3) Tap ‘ADB Sideload’
4) Swipe
5) Press ‘Cancel’
7) open a CMD window
10) Open Flash Tool
12) Enjoy!

Please let me know if you have any further issues but this has worked flawlessly for me. :)
This happened to me a few weeks ago
I just reflashed the entire firmware and reflashed your modified boot and recovery
I could just flash stock boot and recovery instead
BTW flashing magisk before first boot seems to prevent force encryption

gamr13

Apr 5, 2017
This happened to me a few weeks ago
I just reflashed the entire firmware and reflashed your modified boot and recovery
I could just flash stock boot and recovery instead
BTW flashing magisk before first boot seems to prevent force encryption

I’ve tried to flash Magisk before the first boot a few times but no matter how hard I try it always encrypts. It’s weird.

oes20

Jul 1, 2014
Tholen
1) Boot TWRP
2) Tap ‘Advanced’
3) Tap ‘ADB Sideload’
4) Swipe
5) Press ‘Cancel’
7) open a CMD window
10) Open Flash Tool
12) Enjoy!

Thanks for the input, but I sloved it already. Just start flashing the files via the mediatek tool and hold vol. up and power.

I got no more problems so far, just running stable.
I am not able to install the v4a mod. Just keeping the driver on 'unsupported'. I changed folders and permissions etc but nothing helps. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I found a possible way to upgrade to a clean android 9.0 but I failed to flash it with the past twrp version. Any toughts on it? If it is not working, I'll try the decryption file from the russia forum too.
link: https://www.getdroidtips.com/android-9-0-pie-ulefone-power-5/

oes20

Jul 1, 2014
Tholen

Unfortunately my TWRP cannot flash the file you send overthere.

Tested some project treble roms but nothing seems to work properly. They are just not booting, if I try to boot its just directing to fastboot modus. Maybe we just have to stay at the bad stock rom untill a real developer gets his hands on this phone :rolleyes:

Edit: I just renamed the .img.xz file to .img Its now booting up :)
Tomorrow I'll start a new threat with the whole workaround on one page and maybe the bugs.

Last edited:

gamr13

Apr 5, 2017
Has anyone managed to flash a decrypted GSI with Magisk working?

I'm able to install GSI system images on it just fine and boot, but /data is still encrypted and Magisk never prompts for root, despite being able to install modules no problem.

zeromind999

Jun 8, 2014
Oh my God, I did it!!!!!

I have it rooted!!
I'm going to provide a step-by-step guide for everyone here to do this too exactly how I did it.

Here's how I did it:
1) You need to have adb drivers installed and you need to have platform-tools downloaded. Open CMD/Terminal and do adb reboot bootloader -- you need to have USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options. If done right your Ulefone Power 5 should be on a black screen with "FASTBOOT mode..." or something in the bottom left corner.

2) Download this (It's crucial) - I have the boot, recovery and scatter all placed in here for you: https://mega.nz/#!F1h3UAJY!JrTELvtZLtXbaBCH9bPTH2nXezcxyemeUI54Uols7Kw

3) Download the same tool I used here tool: https://mega.nz/#!IxhRkaiR!g-KtQcQzzRnfq8twhu-QU16RPCxEU3KYK098lTNXNcI

4) Open the tool SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe and click the "Scatter File" button on the top left. Browse for the folder which contains all of the necessary files from the MEGA link I provided and click on the MT6763_Android_scatter.txt file.

5) Click Start all

6) Once you get the green check mark, hold the volume + and power buttons until the phone restarts to the Recovery, Fastboot, Normal menu and press Volume - on Recovery. Note: You MUST be connected to a computer still or this will not work.

7) Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP

8) Wipe the phone in TWRP

9) Boot the phone and complete setup

10) Reboot to TWRP again and install Magisk

11) Now you should be rooted, if Magisk Manager is missing from your app launcher, install the app separately from the Magisk forum page.

EmIfdkv.jpg

evE7VBU.jpg

This method worked flawlessly for ULEFONE POWER 5S:D. I used the latest SP Flashtool v5.19. Magisk & TWRP works with no issues at all. I am glad to have his phone rooted after hours of headache following posts from other sites. Now its time to disable all the unwanted startups !!! :cool: Thank you very much gamr13 !!!

gamr13

Apr 5, 2017

This method worked flawlessly for ULEFONE POWER 5S:D. I used the latest SP Flashtool v5.19. Magisk & TWRP works with no issues at all. I am glad to have his phone rooted after hours of headache following posts from other sites. Now its time to disable all the unwanted startups !!! :cool: Thank you very much gamr13 !!!

Thank you for the confirmation that this works on the 5S!
Glad to hear you're as happy as us finally getting these phones rooted!

Enjoy!

Reactions: zeromind999

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    and does this one works ?

Ok, first of all, massive shout out to Gamr13 for doing this first and providing the original files. You're a true Chad. We owe you a beer. haha.

files: https://mega.nz/#!N2hijYAB!0LLshTYgWpnxw2b5bIzUfHcNV_HLrSUfOKpV5BELo4A

So, the method.

1. In the file below you will find a file called SP_Flash_Tool. Open this and run the flash_tool.exe.
    2. Once opened, go into the options menu, click the connection tag and make sure USB is selected. make sure its set to Full speed and auto detect.
    3. Browse through and use the MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin file as the DA file.
    4. Select the scatter file found in the root of the Scatter files, etc file as the scatter file for the flash.
    5. While unplugged, hold the volume up and power button to load the phone into it's Fastboot mode.
    6. Set the SP flash tool to firmware upgrade and pressed the download button to start the program. 7. Plug your phone in and as expected, nothing will happen.
    (here's the stupid part, thanks Ulefone. haha)
    8. Now, hold the volume up and power button continuously until you her the usual usb being plugged in and out noises you'd expect from your PC. Keep holding it until the SP Flash tool starts start downloading and the bottom bar loads things.
    9. be patient and wait until you get the green check mark then boot back into recovery as you normally and boom, welcome to TWRP town. then from there format your phone, restart as normal, go through set up and then reboot into TWRP to flash Magisk.

By going through every connection my PC had made in the last 7 hours found that by going past the fastboot and holding for longer it would eventually link to the pc and install, or use the already installed MTK drivers on the PC which would then allow it to be detected by the SP Flash tool. Hopefully this can help shed some light and get this moving. Or better yet, be streamlined into an easier process by someone smarter than me. haha. :D:good:
    hi guys
    after a lot searching around i could not find any guide on xda to install twrp on power 5.yes i have come across other models but not this specific one .then searching on net i came to know one of guide to install twrp..after trying whole day i finally go through unlocking boot loader and flashing twrp. but problem i am facing is i cant reboot my phone into custom recovery it would reboot into its own android recovery.
    any ideas what could be wrong or there is special recovery.img for ulefone power 5.
    what could be that i cant figure out
    issue is : for the last reboot : it's always Giving Factory mode : so no link with recovery here

rebooted to recovery and not fine

even with fastboot reboot recovery : it's is giving normal booting

Rooting that thing is a pain in the ass, but I managed to do it. (I'm no pro, but maybe I'll help)

-Flash the recovery image POWER 5/5S posted by the previous user jojy thomas
    -Turn your phone on
    Now depending on where you land :
    -If you land on the TWRP recovery, factory reset your phone
    >Enter twrp and flash Magisk, Reboot System
    -If you land in the Android boot up system (prompted for password), hold Power off and Volume Up and enter the boot selection menu
    >Choose recovery, Flash with Magisk from TWRP, Reboot System

Please let me know if it works.
    Also, there seems to be an encryption issue where after setting everything up and then booting into twrp for whatever reason, it doesn't accept your decryption password.
    I land here :
    "If you land in the Android boot up system (prompted for password), hold Power off and Volume Up and enter the boot selection menu"

selecting Recovery is moving to ulefone recovery !

Okay, I currently can't help you a lot because I just hard bricked it, but make sure that you have flashed the bootloader and the recovery files with SPFlashTool with the files provided by the previously mentioned user. The only thing I can currently come up with is not having installed recovery correctly. So please double-check whether recovery is ticked and whether you have selected the right file and mode (firmware update)
    SUCCESS!!!

Oh my God, I did it!!!!!

I have it rooted!!
    I'm going to provide a step-by-step guide for everyone here to do this too exactly how I did it.

Here's how I did it:
    1) You need to have adb drivers installed and you need to have platform-tools downloaded. Open CMD/Terminal and do adb reboot bootloader -- you need to have USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options. If done right your Ulefone Power 5 should be on a black screen with "FASTBOOT mode..." or something in the bottom left corner.

2) Download this (It's crucial) - I have the boot, recovery and scatter all placed in here for you: https://mega.nz/#!F1h3UAJY!JrTELvtZLtXbaBCH9bPTH2nXezcxyemeUI54Uols7Kw

3) Download the same tool I used here tool: https://mega.nz/#!IxhRkaiR!g-KtQcQzzRnfq8twhu-QU16RPCxEU3KYK098lTNXNcI

4) Open the tool SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe and click the "Scatter File" button on the top left. Browse for the folder which contains all of the necessary files from the MEGA link I provided and click on the MT6763_Android_scatter.txt file.

5) Click Start all

6) Once you get the green check mark, hold the volume + and power buttons until the phone restarts to the Recovery, Fastboot, Normal menu and press Volume - on Recovery. Note: You MUST be connected to a computer still or this will not work.

7) Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP

8) Wipe the phone in TWRP

9) Boot the phone and complete setup

10) Reboot to TWRP again and install Magisk

11) Now you should be rooted, if Magisk Manager is missing from your app launcher, install the app separately from the Magisk forum page.

EmIfdkv.jpg

evE7VBU.jpg