Ulefone Power 5 twrp + root + project treble

Search This thread

oes20

Jul 1, 2014
Tholen
I said it was not a GO version ;)
The rom I flashed is this
and yes, flashing the decrypt zip is the key to be able to flash flawlessly.
Where did you get the Havoc ROM from?
Excuse me for that one.
I also wanted the original phhusson android 11 rom because every other gsi is based on his gsi, but he did not create a new thread for that one so I didn't notice it untill now.

I saw the havoc and liked the google pixel like os, wich I liked when I used the pixel experience on my htc 10. A bit bloated and unfortunately no baked in google so it has a number of alternative apps. Just choose the Gapps version (the second row).

I got it from here.

One thing I don't like is those very common stutters. I woke up my old good htc one m8 with android 9, and that one is actually feeling a lot smoother. Its speed quickly degrades when multitasking, but you get the point.

oes20

Jul 1, 2014
Tholen
I noticed that I was not able to call or receive calls at all. I am using Hollandsnieuwe, wich is part of Vodafone. Vodafone seems to push VoLTE to every client, and even VoWiFi if supported. If using any custom rom, you won't be able to use VoLTE, so maybe it has to do something with that.

Today I used the SIM card of my brother, who uses MedionMobile. They use the network of KPN, and limits their users at 2G (H+). And immediately I was able to make and receive calls, even with my own SIM card. So maybe this works for other people too!

I will buy a new used phone (oneplus 6) next week so I'll update the thread one time, and then only on request.

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
can anyone recommend gsi for ulefone power 5s? i have tried everything but its stuck on bootanimation with los and phussons gsis and goes into bootloop

oes20

Jul 1, 2014
Tholen
can anyone recommend gsi for ulefone power 5s? i have tried everything but its stuck on bootanimation with los and phussons gsis and goes into bootloop
Did you flash the A only arm64 version?
Have you seen your phone encrypting your data? Got once stuck after that, but that is fixed by flashing the decrypt file.

Do you also have the original 5s firmware flashed (vendor, boot etc.)? I guess that the firmware used on the up5 differs from the up5s.

Also you can just try android 8.1, to ensure it is not related to some incompatibility.

I used the gsi mentioned in the second post on this thread.

I am no expert either so I'm only guessing some things :)

Reactions: sergej_7

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
Did you flash the A only arm64 version?
Have you seen your phone encrypting your data? Got once stuck after that, but that is fixed by flashing the decrypt file.

Do you also have the original 5s firmware flashed (vendor, boot etc.)? I guess that the firmware used on the up5 differs from the up5s.

Also you can just try android 8.1, to ensure it is not related to some incompatibility.

I used the gsi mentioned in the second post on this thread.

I am no expert either so I'm only guessing some things :)
i will revert to stock and do all steps again maybe I did something wrong

eilie

Dec 16, 2014
Excuse me for that one.
I also wanted the original phhusson android 11 rom because every other gsi is based on his gsi, but he did not create a new thread for that one so I didn't notice it untill now.

I saw the havoc and liked the google pixel like os, wich I liked when I used the pixel experience on my htc 10. A bit bloated and unfortunately no baked in google so it has a number of alternative apps. Just choose the Gapps version (the second row).

I got it from here.

One thing I don't like is those very common stutters. I woke up my old good htc one m8 with android 9, and that one is actually feeling a lot smoother. Its speed quickly degrades when multitasking, but you get the point.
have you managed to run havoc os on htc m8? I was searching on google and telegram.. didn't find any help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright boys, yet another stride made today.
    I've done some extensive testing on some Generic System Images for the Ulefone Power 5. This GSI seems to be the most stable I've used so far and best of all, it has root built-in (of course, it's LineageOS).
    This is the only one I've gotten to work with ViPER4Android and root. Quick note that this still does have the screen flicker on the lock screen, but it's not as bad in this ROM compared to others I've tried.
    Android Q GSIs currently do not work on the Ulefone Power 5, I've tried and fought hard with 'em but nothing. So, Pie it is for now.

Note: Magisk DOES NOT work. Please do not flash it on this ROM or you will break root access and need to reflash the system image.

First things first:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/

1) Download the A-ONLY ROM.(avN): https://sourceforge.net/projects/an...7-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avN.img.xz/download
    2) Make a backup of your stock ROM as it is, just in case in TWRP.
    3) WIPE System, Data, Cache and Dalvic in the Advanced Wipe section of TWRP.
    4) Flash the image as a System Image in TWRP.
    5) Flash Open Gapps
    7) Reboot into ROM
    8) Enable Developer Options and enable root for apps and adb
    9) Download ViPER4Android 2.5.0.4 (This is critical as the newest release will not work)
    10) Install the driver
    11) On every reboot you will have to go into V4A and go to Settings > Turn on developer mode > Disable SELinux
    12) Enjoy Android Pie with ViPER4Android on your Ulefone Power 5.

Unfortunately not.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I wish for this to work. Unfortunately I only managed to get root with boot.img and twrp.img together. I didn't find a zip that worked properly. It only said corrupted file.

The phone is really good out of the box, except for the Bluetooth. I can't work it with a 2019 Toyota Corolla. Phone works, but music makes bt crash constantly. I have lag and distortion on other vehicles. So I was hoping this project would save the phone from getting swapped.

Follow the guide carefully, and make sure this is on a Power 5 not a 5s, some have reported success with a 5s, but I can't confirm this myself. I'm not quite sure what your issue is though, bluetooth audio works just fine for me in our car. Are you using the stock ROM or are you using a GSI (Generic System Image)?

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

@oes20 If you wouldn't mind adding this to the post:

=== How to get Magisk on a GSI ===
    1. Reboot to TWRP
    2. MAKE A FULL BACKUP (every partition checked)
    3. Mount System and Vendor
    4. Go back to the main screen
    5. Advanced > File Manager
    6. Go to Vendor
    7. Go to the "lib" folder
    8. tap libdirect-coredump.so and Copy File
    9. Go to /system/lib
    10. paste the file in here
    11. Go to /vendor/lib64
    12. Copy libdirect-coredump.so
    13. Paste in /system/lib64
    14. Install Magisk
    15. Reboot
    16. Go to Magisk > Download > Search for "SafetyPatch" by hackintosh5
    17. Reboot and enjoy
    It works on (i guess) the android 8 gsi. I do not recommend magisk, as it messes with your /vendor partition. That partition can not be factory reset other than re-flashing the whole recovery/system/vendor/radio etc. Magisk is also not optimized for this device. Tweaks like viper4androidfx won't work. I don't use my phone anymore at this moment, so any tips, tricks or new information is always welcome to ensure that everybody can get the same good experience :)

That reply gave me serious doubt that you know a single thing about what you're doing. If it touches /vendor, you flash stock vendor.img in fastboot mode, ez pz. Not that it matters at all since nothing will get messed up at all. Magisk works perfectly fine on stock ROM. V4A works on stock, but when I use any GSI then no apps that require root work at all.
    Alright boys, yet another stride made today.
    I've done some extensive testing on some Generic System Images for the Ulefone Power 5. This GSI seems to be the most stable I've used so far and best of all, it has root built-in (of course, it's LineageOS).
    This is the only one I've gotten to work with ViPER4Android and root. Quick note that this still does have the screen flicker on the lock screen, but it's not as bad in this ROM compared to others I've tried.
    Android Q GSIs currently do not work on the Ulefone Power 5, I've tried and fought hard with 'em but nothing. So, Pie it is for now.

Note: Magisk DOES NOT work. Please do not flash it on this ROM or you will break root access and need to reflash the system image.

First things first:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/

1) Download the A-ONLY ROM.(avN): https://sourceforge.net/projects/an...7-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avN.img.xz/download
    2) Make a backup of your stock ROM as it is, just in case in TWRP.
    3) WIPE System, Data, Cache and Dalvic in the Advanced Wipe section of TWRP.
    4) Flash the image as a System Image in TWRP.
    5) Flash Open Gapps
    7) Reboot into ROM
    8) Enable Developer Options and enable root for apps and adb
    9) Download ViPER4Android 2.5.0.4 (This is critical as the newest release will not work)
    10) Install the driver
    11) On every reboot you will have to go into V4A and go to Settings > Turn on developer mode > Disable SELinux
    12) Enjoy Android Pie with ViPER4Android on your Ulefone Power 5.

8 Days later and I can confirm the ROM has been really stable with no issues other than the lock screen flicker which rarely happens, especially compared to other ROMs. Battery life has had a significant increase even when putting the phone under heavy usage (Call of Duty: Mobile and other games). Performance has shown a decent increase compared to the stock ROM. All in all, very impressed with the substantial improvements the GSI has brought over the stock Oreo firmware that came with this phone.
    I found out that after flashing the recovery in the recommended way, the stock rom encounters the same lockscreen delays. Just to be sure I flashed the stock firmware, plus the custom recovery. I'm now trying to get back into an custom rom, to see if that makes any difference.

edit:
    that didn't work at all, I wasn't even able to flash a rom. I still stand behind my point that the edited vendor partition is causing the lag. I'm setting up my device right now, I hope to get time next week to start debugging that vendor partition. I have never done that, so we'll see. That no encryption mod is a bit unreliable too, I have hard times installing it. I guess the best option is: let the rom encrypt, then dirty flash the mod over that encryption.