Ulefone Power (Real Reviews & Discussion) 6050mAh, 5.5", Fingerprint ID, MTK6753

Search This thread

supermarioprof

Jan 2, 2015
battery gone and strange behaviour

Hi! I've got the "usual problem" with Ulefone Power battery, now the system seems unable to know the charge level and the phone suddenly shutdown.
Ok, I've got a new battery and I can change it.
But I noticed a few things maybe useful to improve battery usage from Android: I'm not a developer, just a user, so I report what I found and left developers to make their job!
So, my phone usually, not always but usually, shuts down (using the damage battery) when I open "gallery" or "camera app" while some other apps are open, just like a burst of current was claimed to do the job requested. If this is right and the problem concerns current bursts, new battery will receive the same treatment and will die as soon as the previous one, this is bad! I don't know but I'm quite sure this is not Android related (I've been using Marshmallow official ulefone ROM and now Cherry Mobile Flare S5 ROM) but hardware related.
If so...probably there's no solution!
Secondly, after shutdown charging phone with phone powered off didn't charge up to 100%, when I power on it battery is always less the 100%, usually 70%.
Ok, battery is gone and so Android can't measure charge level correctly, I know, but maybe this is related with previous facts.

mortuus82

Apr 22, 2010
Malmo
this phone now suddenly cant play pokemon go,, says device or os is not supported wtf ? it worked before... i have not rooted this phone its stock can anyone try and see if it works for u? i dont get it.. the android in this phone is stock not custom like xiaomi....

peido

Dec 19, 2015
Hi! I've got the "usual problem" with Ulefone Power battery, now the system seems unable to know the charge level and the phone suddenly shutdown.
Ok, I've got a new battery and I can change it.
But I noticed a few things maybe useful to improve battery usage from Android: I'm not a developer, just a user, so I report what I found and left developers to make their job!
So, my phone usually, not always but usually, shuts down (using the damage battery) when I open "gallery" or "camera app" while some other apps are open, just like a burst of current was claimed to do the job requested. If this is right and the problem concerns current bursts, new battery will receive the same treatment and will die as soon as the previous one, this is bad! I don't know but I'm quite sure this is not Android related (I've been using Marshmallow official ulefone ROM and now Cherry Mobile Flare S5 ROM) but hardware related.
If so...probably there's no solution!
Secondly, after shutdown charging phone with phone powered off didn't charge up to 100%, when I power on it battery is always less the 100%, usually 70%.
Ok, battery is gone and so Android can't measure charge level correctly, I know, but maybe this is related with previous facts.

If you're still having problems with the level of battery, try using an app like "batteryCalibration": charge the phone until 100%, use the app, spend all the battery until 0% (let the phone turn off by itself), recharge until 100% without break.

tss555

Aug 8, 2013
Warsaw
Hi, My Power charge veeeery slow (for several months). I'm on MM_20160718. It's under 1A and only 5,2V and falling down to 0,5A and even less (0,25-0,35A) after about 50% battery charged. At the beginning on LP phone charging very quickly (and become very hot). Now on MM take whole day to charge from few percent to full. What should I do? Upgrade to 20161206 should help? I don't want to do that if it isn't fix.

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
:confused: that's weird, I've got the Sharp SH-05G(SD 810)
4xA57 cores are disabled maybe ?

22Kcgef.png

hello noticed you have the Sh-05g..any root for this even if temporary-maybe cheesus knows something? (want to change fonts and few things-nothing much-very happy with the device-using in the U.S on ATT) Thanks!

vaglan

Apr 28, 2017
Hey guys
I seem to have a strange issue with Cherry Flare rom . It works 100% but twrp recovery does'nt respond to touch.I have to use a mouse. i have tried all three roms.Same problem.
Any ideas please?
Thanks in advance

vasilica2008

Sep 7, 2008
Hi guys,

It seems there is a new software version released on Oct 27. I flashed it, could not see any changes except for a newer Android security patch level (which is a plus, after all).
It is still Android 6, unfortunately not 7, and seems to be done by a Russian guy. Could not check yet for malware/trojans.

Hemphiz

Sep 12, 2015
Bristol
m.9gag.com
Hi guys,

It seems there is a new software version released on Oct 27. I flashed it, could not see any changes except for a newer Android security patch level (which is a plus, after all).
It is still Android 6, unfortunately not 7, and seems to be done by a Russian guy. Could not check yet for malware/trojans.
Cheers for the info. Do you have a link to that please?

alexzwit

Apr 6, 2018
Good evening to all.
After 1 and a half year of use on my Ulefone power my screen started to display some
horizontal black lines.Sometimes they are so bad that you can not
see anything.But most of times they are there and you don't notice them much.
I don' t have any custom rom and my fota version is T875d_GQ3026AF_Power_MM_20160914_145437.
I tried to reboot my phone but it didn't
change anything.I will try to upload an image where you can see the
problem.Thank you for your time

felleggr

Jun 14, 2018
Hello to everybody,
I have the same problem (ear speaker doesn't work in calls). Headset is working fine and when I activate the "big" media speaker during the phone call it's al.so working fine, but I don't want all people around me listening to my phone calls…

I deactivated the Sound Enhancements but the problem still persists. Strange is that everything worked fine till this morning and suddenly the problem appeared. I did not install or change any SW...
Would be great if someone would have any additional idea about how to solve this.

Thanks in advance!

Icone24

Jul 26, 2012
Lisboa
Hello to everybody,
I have the same problem (ear speaker doesn't work in calls). Headset is working fine and when I activate the "big" media speaker during the phone call it's al.so working fine, but I don't want all people around me listening to my phone calls…

I deactivated the Sound Enhancements but the problem still persists. Strange is that everything worked fine till this morning and suddenly the problem appeared. I did not install or change any SW...
Would be great if someone would have any additional idea about how to solve this.

Thanks in advance!

First of all try to do a factory reset, just don't forget to backup your personal stuff.
If that doesn't work you've probably a faulty ear speaker and needs to be replaced.
Good luck!

felleggr

Jun 14, 2018
First of all try to do a factory reset, just don't forget to backup your personal stuff.
If that doesn't work you've probably a faulty ear speaker and needs to be replaced.
Good luck!

First of all: Sorry for the late reply, I have been on holidays.
Thank you for your suggestion. I did a factory reset but the problem persists. As the problem was there from the very beginning I will return the phone on warranty.
Best regards, Rupert

Feb 20, 2016
how

This headphone idea looks very good. If you can test bluetooth AND wired.
Oh and here is the codecfor enginering menu: *#*#3646633#*#*

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Or just download "secret codes" from app store

how can i use this cod for ulefone power 3 because my headphone so low when i making calls

kaitsur

May 12, 2013
I have a few years old Power 3S and the microphone started crackling, the recipient doesn’t get a clear call and the video is crackling. The microphone is probably located at the charging port, but it cannot be used as a spare part. Should I throw in the trash? Is there a way to fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah...
    TWRP (Three Themes Version READY)
    http://www.needrom.com/download/twrp-2-8-7-3-megthebest-6/

Choose the one you like much..
    Material DARK

Material Play

Classic Style

a thanks is really Appreciated!
    DISCLAIMER:
    Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROMS have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
    Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledges about phones and phones utilities too.
    Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

How to root :

You need to download four files

1. TWRP for your ROM version
    2. SP_Flash_Tool
    3. UPDATE-SuperSU-<version>.zip
    4. MTK_Drivers_carliv_repack_win7_x64.zip

Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v<latest>.zip to your internal storage card on your phone. You will need this later.

In Windows (not virtualbox) extract the recovery, SP_Flash_Tool_5.1532.00.000_Windows.zip and MTK_Drivers_carliv_repack_win7_x64.zip

Go to the MTK_Drivers_carliv_repack_win7_x64 folder and click flash_tool

Then Click the Download tab at the top.

In that window click the Scatter Loading button and browse to the TWRP folder and select the scatter file.

Click Download.

Turn off your phone
    Plug the USB cable into your phone and into the computer
    Don't turn on your phone
    When the Windows driver installer pops up cancel searching Windows Update and make it install the driver from MTK_Drivers_carliv_repack_win7_x64
    You may have to force this by agreeing to install a non-signed driver, don't worry, it will still work.

Your phone should stay on a black screen, if not do this again until Windows has the correct driver.

You need to have the Preloader driver installed, once it is the flash_tool will flash the recovery.

The phone boots to Preloader then normal boot, if you miss the preloader option you have to restart and try again.

If your phone does not reboot (mine did not) you need to turn off the phone and then turn it on while holding Volume +

You will get three options on the screen
    Recovery
    Fastboot
    Normal

You change the option with volume +
    You choose the option with volume -

We want recovery

In Recovery
    The volume buttons move up and down
    Power selects the option you are on

You need to Install Zip
    choose file from /sdcard
    0/
    UPDATE-SuperSU-<version>.zip

After installation choose reboot and YES fix root!

Your phone will restart and you will now have root access.
    Ulefone Power (Real Reviews & Discussion) 6050mAh, 5.5", Fingerprint ID, MTK6753

Full UNBOXING video

Camera & 3D Gaming Review

Full Complete IN-DEPTH Review

In this video I show you some Ulefone Power camera samples & a video clip (1:23). I also compare some few pictures with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (00:18), so you can get an idea about the quality. The original HQ pictures can be found here: http://mediafire.com/folder/96gyk9onaa0n5/Ulefone_Power_Camera_Samples

(1:57) Part two in the video is all about gaming on the Ulefone Power. I test 8 different light & heavy 3D games and show you how they perform on the phone. I test Real Racing 3, Need For Speed, Modern Combat 5, Asphalt 8 and others.

(12:13) Part three, I show you the AnTuTu score with AnTuTu version 6.0 and the very dimmed backlight in the touch buttons (12:20), close-up so you can see it.

More Ulefone Power videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah40iOtEemI (Hands-on by Gizchina)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV5hoyhnerg (Review en Español)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MTlyqusY_s (by ITXTutor)

Known problems so far? (24/1 2016)
    Asphalt 8 is only running with software rendering. So far the only 3D game that has a problem with the phone. Other games like Modern Combat 5, Real Racing 3 or Dead Trigger 2 all run fine and fast.

ROM & Updates?
    There are in fact some updates out, that can't be found via OTA Wireless Update on the phone.
    The updated ROMs can be found on Needrom - just search for "Ulefone Power" on Needrom. I can not link directly to them here.

And the battery?
    I have run a Geekbench 3 battery test (on screen time) on the device and got 20 hours, before it died, but unfortunately Geekbench 3 didn't allow me to upload the results. So it can not be found online. But expect 3-4 days good battery life with normal usage.

The Fast Charger can charge the phone from 0-100% in 120 minutes! (I checked it) that is really good.... the charger gives 1.66A output.

Regarding the battery mAh capacity:
    I have measured the battery capacity mAh, you can have a look here: (to 5958mAh with a normal charger)
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/012016/POWER-S7YLER.jpg

To that you probably need to subtract a bit still, as some will be lost. But seems to be legit.
    I was not able to measure the correct capacity with the included fast charger, so I measured it while it just charged via a normal 5V 1A charger.

In real life, I have used it as daily driver, and I could go 3 1/2 day before I had to put it to the charger, so expect 3-4 days battery life. Depending on the usage.

Will this phone work in my country with my carrier?
    I can't answer you on that, but you can check it on these 2 sites:
    http://www.willmyphonework.net
    http://www.frequencycheck.com

Highlights
    - 5.5 inch FullHD 1920x1080 pixels screen LTPS
    - 2.5D Curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3
    - Wood designed backcover
    - MTK6753 1.3 GHz octa core
    - 6050mAh Battery Sony Li-polymer Cell
    - IR Blaster
    - Support Pump Express Plus Quick Charging
    - CNC made full metal frame
    - Smart Key for Camera & Voice Recorder
    - Fingerprint Touch ID (360 degree, multifunctional)
    - 3GB of RAM + 16GB Rom
    - 13 MP Sony IMX214main camera + 5MP front camera OV5648
    - Android 5.1 System (Should also support Android 6.0 later)
    - USB On-The-Go / OTG / OTA
    - Dual SIM, Dual Standby, Dual 4G LTE
    - Supports 2G & 3G & 4G LTE Network
    - Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B8/B20

Ulefone-Power_3-1600x900.jpg

2-25.jpg
    After receiving some good feedback, seems that my TWRP 3 for Power with latest Offical Rom 6.0 64 Bit 20160514 works:
    http://www.needrom.com/download/twrp-3-0-0-5/
    If you need and like it, is available also my twrp 3.0.0 for Power:
    http://www.needrom.com/download/twrp-3-0-0-megthebest/

TWRP 3.0.0 for ULEFONE POWER

MULTILANGUAGE (more than 7 languages, Italian Translation thanks to freedgt/bovirus)

Known Bugs

- CPU TEMP remain ever at 0% and Time Zone seems to be wrong

- Battery percentage not showed

- Backup Directory not selectable is TWRP\Backup\8PYL*******

GUIDE:

Download and Install correctly Mediatek Preloader drivers

( Take care on Windows 8.1/10 drivers, you need to disable driver signature before install:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50pD0mONm44

http://laurentiumihet.ro/technology...-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/

https://thebroodle.com/microsoft/windows/install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-vcom-drivers-windows-8-8-1/

UNPACK RAR in A FOLDER

1- With flashtool load*MT6753_Android_Scatter-TWRP 3.0

2- Select download and connect smartphone to pc (smartphone must be powered off)…* in few seconds will start the process and the new TWRP will be flashed.

To restore original stock recovery, you need load ad point 1 the file* MT6753_Android_Scatter-Stock.txt

P.P.S to enter in the recovery, power off the smartphone, push VOL + and Power at the same time, you will see three words with VOL + you move selection, with VOL – you must select Recovery

During first boot of twrp, allow modification of system files, according to this screen (if you leave read only, you loose TWRP at second boot):

To have root flash with TWRP the archive supersu.zip found here:*https://download.chainfire.eu/696/supersu/

Credits: TEAMWIN TWRP TEAM, https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/02/05/twrp-3.0.0-0-released.html

PLEASE Donate if i help you and Support Me with 5 Stars!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone