Ulefone uWear Smartwatch 29$

Search This thread

DanielDEV

Jul 31, 2015
So I found this watch for pre-sale on gearbest, looks pretty interesting:
http://des.gearbest.com/uploads/2015/201509/heditor/201509011416274228.jpg
Main Features:
• Pedometer / Sleep monitoring / Sedentary reminder: Your private management expert, monitor the daily movement, the quality of your sleep and remind you to have a rest. Enjoy unfettered moment while helping you achieve your health goals.
• Remote camera / music: Can control your smart phone to take photos and play music, and you can enjoy the pleasure on your wrist.
• Anti lost / Find phone: Unique proximity sensor system, two-way anti lost, take good care of your smart watch and phone.
• Dialer / Message: When a call or message is coming, you can check it without taking out of your mobile phone.
• Information push: Can push Twitter, G-mail, Facebook, WhatsApp information, you can easily communicate with your friends or family.
• IP65 waterproof: You can wear it to do daily washing, such as wash hands and face.

Products characteristics:
• 2.5D Arc touch screen: 2.5D Arc screen wide viewing angle.
• 316L stainless steel case: Unique industrial design, the case of uWear involves 40 different procedures. It is thin, smooth and hard.
• Fluoroelastomer strap: Fluoroelastomer sport strap is the same as iWatch

Note: iOS phones support Bluetooth Dialing, Music and Remote Camera function.
Specifications
Hardware
Brand: Ulefone
Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 4.0
RAM: 32M
ROM: 32M
Waterproof: YES
Waterproof Rating: IP65
Functions
Bluetooth calling: Phone call reminder, Phonebook
Messaging: Message reminder
Health tracker: Sleep monitor, Pedometer, Sedentary reminder
Remote control: Music remote, Camera remote
Notification: Yes
Anti-lost: Yes
Find phone: Yes
Other functions: Alarm
Groups of alarm: 5 sets
Alert type: Ring, Vibration
Locking screen : 2 kinds
Screen
Screen: 2.5D Capacitive Touch Panel
Screen size: 1.44 inch
Battery
Battery type: Polymer lithium ion battery
Battery capacity: 220mAh
Standby time: About 7 days
General
People: Unisex watch
Dial and Band
Shape of the dial: Rectangle
Case material: Stainless Steel
Band material: Fluoroelastomer
Features
Compatible OS: Android, iOS
Compatability: Android / iOS 5.0 or above system
Language: Italian, Simplified / TraditionalChinese, Deutsch, French, Spanish, Russian, English, Portuguese
Available color: Black, Silver
Weight and Size
Package size (L x W x H): 9 x 9 x 7.5 cm / 3.54 x 3.54 x 2.95 inches
Product weight: 0.045 kg
Package weight: 0.18 kg
Package contents
Package contents: 1 x Ulefone uWear Smart Watch, 1 x Chinese and English Manual

What do you think?

Reactions: Me‎ and Dekay99

NelisC

Jun 6, 2012
What a coincidence! I came across this watch for the first time today and found this thread when I started browsing about it.
It looks like a nice watch for only $29! I am really considering jumping in on the pre-sale...
Have you found any other info about it or "real-life" pictures?
Anyway, here is the manufacturers own productpage: http://ulefone.com/products/uwear/features.html
And the Gearbest productpage: http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_225970.html
The pre-sale lasts untill 09/30 so I expect that reviews will pop up around that time. :)

ares93

Dec 17, 2008
Stockholm
I just ordered one over at everbuying. With the points and crap i had from ptevious purchases i got it for 18 usd. Couldnt resist at that price even tough i have another chinese smartwatch on the way.

supersmp

May 29, 2014
Mhh.... Wish I had seen that video before ordering. Payed 23usd,didn't expect much but the UI is embarrassing (suppose that's why they tried to focus on other things in the video.... and that's why there aren't any real-life pictures or videos beside that. At least I haven't seen other).
It would be embarrassing for me to go out with that on my wrist. That's not a smart watch, that's a crappy dumband with a screen made to look like a watch(the apple watch). The market is full of crap like that selling for ~ same price, offering same functions. Nothing new under the sun.
Not really a fan of pre-sale but the low price got me this time.
Shipping starts after sep 30 and will probably arrive at the end of next month....not a problem after seeing the video.

Last edited:

ares93

Dec 17, 2008
Stockholm
Dont think it that horrible really. Its 23 bucks. I got mine for 18. You cant have everything. This will be fine for me to wear at work with all the chemicals and ****. Its gonna break anyway better this than the 200 dollar moto 360 i'm looking at.

I'm more annoyed by the ****ty screen. They could've at least managed a 240x240 like the GT08, and that isnt much more expensive.

Last edited:

supersmp

May 29, 2014
Dont think it that horrible really. Its 23 bucks. I got mine for 18. You cant have everything. This will be fine for me to wear at work with all the chemicals and ****. Its gonna break anyway better this than the 200 dollar moto 360 i'm looking at.

I'm more annoyed by the ****ty screen. They could've at least managed a 240x240 like the GT08, and that isnt much more expensive.

Well, to tell you the truth I was more angry with myself for buying something without seeing at least one real life video & generally falling for such a cheap marketing campaign(I have to admit that the ulefone/gearbest/everbuying campaign was quite impressive in terms of "quantity")
When I said "embarrassing" that also included the ****ty screen.

Anyway, everbuying agreed to cancel my order/full refund.

zoko

Aug 6, 2007
Lisbon
I got the uwear yesterday. It is actually very Nice and it works ;).
For the that price it is amazing.

I ll test more of it this week and report back.

Dekay99

Hello, can you tell me if the watch receive email (Exchange server), notifications, can you try?
thanks.

Dekay99

May 21, 2012
Rotterdam
Hello, can you tell me if the watch receive email (Exchange server), notifications, can you try?
thanks.

Hi. U get notifications of SMS, WhatsApp, gmail, Facebook. I don't have exchange email, but I am sure it will put it through. But, you get only name and title of message, not the entire message. Only for SMS you get the entire message.

The app, fundo companion(registers health information, and needs Chinese registration...), is still in beta, and has bugs. So I removed it. Now i only use BT notifier.

Funny gadget, battery lasts a few hours, and I will not get used to talk to my watch ;)
D.

Reactions: marco_artime

marco_artime

Sep 15, 2015
Hi. U get notifications of SMS, WhatsApp, gmail, Facebook. I don't have exchange email, but I am sure it will put it through. But, you get only name and title of message, not the entire message. Only for SMS you get the entire message.

The app, fundo companion(registers health information, and needs Chinese registration...), is still in beta, and has bugs. So I removed it. Now i only use BT notifier.

Funny gadget, battery lasts a few hours, and I will not get used to talk to my watch ;)

D.

And for iOS?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I found this watch for pre-sale on gearbest, looks pretty interesting:
    http://des.gearbest.com/uploads/2015/201509/heditor/201509011416274228.jpg
    Main Features:
    • Pedometer / Sleep monitoring / Sedentary reminder: Your private management expert, monitor the daily movement, the quality of your sleep and remind you to have a rest. Enjoy unfettered moment while helping you achieve your health goals.
    • Remote camera / music: Can control your smart phone to take photos and play music, and you can enjoy the pleasure on your wrist.
    • Anti lost / Find phone: Unique proximity sensor system, two-way anti lost, take good care of your smart watch and phone.
    • Dialer / Message: When a call or message is coming, you can check it without taking out of your mobile phone.
    • Information push: Can push Twitter, G-mail, Facebook, WhatsApp information, you can easily communicate with your friends or family.
    • IP65 waterproof: You can wear it to do daily washing, such as wash hands and face.

Products characteristics:
    • 2.5D Arc touch screen: 2.5D Arc screen wide viewing angle.
    • 316L stainless steel case: Unique industrial design, the case of uWear involves 40 different procedures. It is thin, smooth and hard.
    • Fluoroelastomer strap: Fluoroelastomer sport strap is the same as iWatch

Note: iOS phones support Bluetooth Dialing, Music and Remote Camera function.
    Specifications
    Hardware
    Brand: Ulefone
    Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 4.0
    RAM: 32M
    ROM: 32M
    Waterproof: YES
    Waterproof Rating: IP65
    Functions
    Bluetooth calling: Phone call reminder, Phonebook
    Messaging: Message reminder
    Health tracker: Sleep monitor, Pedometer, Sedentary reminder
    Remote control: Music remote, Camera remote
    Notification: Yes
    Anti-lost: Yes
    Find phone: Yes
    Other functions: Alarm
    Groups of alarm: 5 sets
    Alert type: Ring, Vibration
    Locking screen : 2 kinds
    Screen
    Screen: 2.5D Capacitive Touch Panel
    Screen size: 1.44 inch
    Battery
    Battery type: Polymer lithium ion battery
    Battery capacity: 220mAh
    Standby time: About 7 days
    General
    People: Unisex watch
    Dial and Band
    Shape of the dial: Rectangle
    Case material: Stainless Steel
    Band material: Fluoroelastomer
    Features
    Compatible OS: Android, iOS
    Compatability: Android / iOS 5.0 or above system
    Language: Italian, Simplified / TraditionalChinese, Deutsch, French, Spanish, Russian, English, Portuguese
    Available color: Black, Silver
    Weight and Size
    Package size (L x W x H): 9 x 9 x 7.5 cm / 3.54 x 3.54 x 2.95 inches
    Product weight: 0.045 kg
    Package weight: 0.18 kg
    Package contents
    Package contents: 1 x Ulefone uWear Smart Watch, 1 x Chinese and English Manual

What do you think?
    Ok guys I contact ulefone and they give me an answer.
    They will release a new update maybe and they will remove altimeter barometer and things that don't work. I asked for this and they will fix it maybe with a new update firmware.
    I also asked to add some more language support like greek characters. but they say the hardware is limited... so I ask them if they can release 2 roms supporting different languages...
    We will see soon I hope...
    Reset code

Thanks Vamire
    After installing both the 32bit and 64bit drivers in the Windows 7 folder (using administrator privileges) I finally got Device Manager to recognise the watch and show the COM port (mine was 7).
    Attempted to flash the device and after about 40 minutes, the software program reported "incorrect SML file for this phone. Stop now" ??
    I stopped the flash program and started the watch

Success!!!! I too have stopwatch and power-save options.

Seems the flash did work after all. Now we just need to discover how to fully realise the watch's potential with different icons, wallpapers, sounds etc.

Thanks again..
    The price has temporarily dropped to $23 at Gearbest:
    http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_225970.html
    At the moment there are still 63 pieces left.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone