Ulefone uWear Smartwatch 29$

Search This thread

laienskipper

Apr 6, 2016
Do you have asked why they don't open their Software? That would give this gadget a kick, they could never build as much as they would be asked for and this without spendig Money for engeneering a new model...

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

How do you have contacted them? Have you used the standard support contact?

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
No I didn't you can ask them if you want. I thing After sell service or something like that...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

jayp57

Aug 4, 2010
Hi folks,

do you have similar problems with the uwear?
- The Touchscreen is very sensitiv. Very often when i try to swipe, it
opens an app instead of swiping. No option in the watch to adjust
sensitivity.
- Scrolling in Messages or messages is nearly impossible, because of
above mentioned problem. Scrolling vertically is a gamble.
- Messages are unreadable on the watch because of the UI. A UI revamp is
adviseable. Less is more.
- Bluetooth often loses connection, and i have to manually reconnect on
the watch. I do not have disconnects with other Bluettoth devices, for
e.g. Deleycon BT Headset or JVC BT Car Audio.
- No automatic BT reconnect after powering off and on the watch. Have to do this manually on the watch.
- After updating the watch with your "latest" Firmware from 26.11.2015,
none of my problems were solved.

Regards
Jay

бойе

Apr 19, 2008
Hi,
Greetings from Bulgaria. Yesterday i received my Ulefone watch. The screen is not perfect, but i like the watch. For me it is very annoying that when I receive a call, the sound is coming from the watch, not from my phone. Is it possible to receive notifications on the watch, but to speak through the phone? I am using HTC One M8.
Thank you in advance. :)

бойе

Apr 19, 2008
You can change the settings on your phone.

Thank you for your quick reply! :) I cannot find it in my M8. Can I select preferred audio source for calls? In the Bluetooth settings I can only disable “Phone audio”, but when I do, the watch automatically disconnects from the phone.

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
it should have 2 options there one call audio and one media audio...
When u make a call you should have an option to close the speaker from bluetooth device like this one.
Screenshot_2016_04_20_13_54_55.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-20-13-54-55.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-20-13-54-55.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 48

бойе

Apr 19, 2008
Yes, I have it. I can choose between the two options, but unfortunatelly by default the source is the watch. My question was if I can set somewhere the default option for calls to be the phone. :)
Thank you very much for your help. :)
Best regards!

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
Ι don't know I'm sure that is an option out there for that you want if you search it. If you find it share it here with us because someone maybe will have the same needs as yours. :angel: :good:

I did a check for you cuz I was curious. I have the LG G4 and when I open the paired settings under smartwatch I can disable the call audio. It disconnects from the smartwatch and then you can reconnect..I dialed a phone call through my phone and I can hear it only on my phone and not from my uwear!!
So for me it works as you want!

Last edited:
Reactions: бойе

бойе

Apr 19, 2008
Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately, with the M8 if I turn off the phone audio and reconnect the phone, I do not receive any notifications from the phone on the watch and I cannot enter the call history etc. For the moment I haven’t found anything, but if I do, I will share it here. :)

jayp57

Aug 4, 2010
Just out of curiosity. Did anyone try to modify the rom? Is it even possible? I examiend the files and they seem to differ to standard android roms.
My intentions were to make minor cosmetical changes, like bigger notification screen for better reading. Or deactivating the BT Audio to the watch, which i don't need. If possible, then with the help of the community here, because i think Ulefone has abandoned this device and won't make any new features or updates at all.

Yann68

Jan 30, 2010
Anybody know how to reset this device? No response on display and power button...

jayp57

Aug 4, 2010
There is a new update for download with date 29.04.2016. Last one was 07.11.2015.
The touch screen response is better, but screen is corrupted on the edges.
@Yann68. None that i know of. There is no reset button or button combination. The batterie must be empty.

img_20160720_210106-jpg.513051

img_20160720_210054-jpg.513052

img_20160720_210116-jpg.513053

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

There is a new update for download with date 29.04.2016. Last one was 07.11.2015.
The touch screen response is better, but screen is corrupted on the edges.
@Yann68. None that i know of. There is no reset button or button combination. The batterie must be empty.

img_20160720_210106-jpg.513051

img_20160720_210054-jpg.513052

img_20160720_210116-jpg.513053

kobe4rings

Dec 25, 2010
Puerto Rico
Just ordered one from gearbest for like 10 bucks. All i need this to do is tell the time and show me text notifications. Does anybody that owns the watch know if its possible to remove the watch band and swap it for another one like the apple watch does? Any response would be appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Yann68

Jan 30, 2010
Just ordered one from gearbest for like 10 bucks. All i need this to do is tell the time and show me text notifications. Does anybody that owns the watch know if its possible to remove the watch band and swap it for another one like the apple watch does? Any response would be appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA-Developers mobile app
No, you can't do this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I found this watch for pre-sale on gearbest, looks pretty interesting:
    http://des.gearbest.com/uploads/2015/201509/heditor/201509011416274228.jpg
    Main Features:
    • Pedometer / Sleep monitoring / Sedentary reminder: Your private management expert, monitor the daily movement, the quality of your sleep and remind you to have a rest. Enjoy unfettered moment while helping you achieve your health goals.
    • Remote camera / music: Can control your smart phone to take photos and play music, and you can enjoy the pleasure on your wrist.
    • Anti lost / Find phone: Unique proximity sensor system, two-way anti lost, take good care of your smart watch and phone.
    • Dialer / Message: When a call or message is coming, you can check it without taking out of your mobile phone.
    • Information push: Can push Twitter, G-mail, Facebook, WhatsApp information, you can easily communicate with your friends or family.
    • IP65 waterproof: You can wear it to do daily washing, such as wash hands and face.

Products characteristics:
    • 2.5D Arc touch screen: 2.5D Arc screen wide viewing angle.
    • 316L stainless steel case: Unique industrial design, the case of uWear involves 40 different procedures. It is thin, smooth and hard.
    • Fluoroelastomer strap: Fluoroelastomer sport strap is the same as iWatch

Note: iOS phones support Bluetooth Dialing, Music and Remote Camera function.
    Specifications
    Hardware
    Brand: Ulefone
    Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 4.0
    RAM: 32M
    ROM: 32M
    Waterproof: YES
    Waterproof Rating: IP65
    Functions
    Bluetooth calling: Phone call reminder, Phonebook
    Messaging: Message reminder
    Health tracker: Sleep monitor, Pedometer, Sedentary reminder
    Remote control: Music remote, Camera remote
    Notification: Yes
    Anti-lost: Yes
    Find phone: Yes
    Other functions: Alarm
    Groups of alarm: 5 sets
    Alert type: Ring, Vibration
    Locking screen : 2 kinds
    Screen
    Screen: 2.5D Capacitive Touch Panel
    Screen size: 1.44 inch
    Battery
    Battery type: Polymer lithium ion battery
    Battery capacity: 220mAh
    Standby time: About 7 days
    General
    People: Unisex watch
    Dial and Band
    Shape of the dial: Rectangle
    Case material: Stainless Steel
    Band material: Fluoroelastomer
    Features
    Compatible OS: Android, iOS
    Compatability: Android / iOS 5.0 or above system
    Language: Italian, Simplified / TraditionalChinese, Deutsch, French, Spanish, Russian, English, Portuguese
    Available color: Black, Silver
    Weight and Size
    Package size (L x W x H): 9 x 9 x 7.5 cm / 3.54 x 3.54 x 2.95 inches
    Product weight: 0.045 kg
    Package weight: 0.18 kg
    Package contents
    Package contents: 1 x Ulefone uWear Smart Watch, 1 x Chinese and English Manual

What do you think?
    Ok guys I contact ulefone and they give me an answer.
    They will release a new update maybe and they will remove altimeter barometer and things that don't work. I asked for this and they will fix it maybe with a new update firmware.
    I also asked to add some more language support like greek characters. but they say the hardware is limited... so I ask them if they can release 2 roms supporting different languages...
    We will see soon I hope...
    Reset code

Thanks Vamire
    After installing both the 32bit and 64bit drivers in the Windows 7 folder (using administrator privileges) I finally got Device Manager to recognise the watch and show the COM port (mine was 7).
    Attempted to flash the device and after about 40 minutes, the software program reported "incorrect SML file for this phone. Stop now" ??
    I stopped the flash program and started the watch

Success!!!! I too have stopwatch and power-save options.

Seems the flash did work after all. Now we just need to discover how to fully realise the watch's potential with different icons, wallpapers, sounds etc.

Thanks again..
    The price has temporarily dropped to $23 at Gearbest:
    http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_225970.html
    At the moment there are still 63 pieces left.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone