Ulefone uWear Smartwatch 29$

Search This thread

srismart

Jul 8, 2009
Guys, what app do you use on your phone for syncing? The apps from the qr code on the watch are crashing on a Samsung S6 stock ROM. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

calle22

Feb 12, 2016
Reset

Also, does anyone now how to reset the watch, with code or physically through a hole that I can't see...?

goxon

Sep 20, 2010
Banja Luka
Hi, did you get a charger in the box? My watch came wit manual only, in black box

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

goxon

Sep 20, 2010
Banja Luka
I buy it from Gearbest. Where do you buy it? P. S. Sorry for bad English
Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
InstallDriver.exe or/and something else?

Still can't see the com port... Tried on different computers Win7 based...

You will not see the com port. You have to go to the device manager and then you have to connect your watch for 1 or 2 seconds it will show up and then it will gone.
So you have to be fast or just change the start port in the flash tool and press the flash button if this dosen't work try a bigger number 8,16,32 etc

Reactions: Batas

Batas

Oct 15, 2005
Does your watch auto reconnect bluetooth to your phone when go away and come back? When I charge my phone and get away to do something, when I comeback I forget to reconnect the watch... So, I miss notifications since I put the phone mute at work...

aguiamaster

Sep 16, 2008
Damn watch crashed and screen allways on but freezed at 17:01 and nothing moves, the thing is you cannot reboot this stupid watch because the battery cannot be pulled out lol

laienskipper

Apr 6, 2016
Hi! Has anyone tried to disassemble the firmware update files? Is it (easily :) ) possible to rebuild the firmware to add some enhancements? I would love a cheap and open smart watch, even if system resources are limited.

The update does contain a symbol file for the rom. What would be an appropriate (open source) tool chain to build custom firmware?

Thank you!

- Michael

Reactions: blasphemine

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
I need to learn how can I disasseble the firmware.
I want it to remove staff that dosen't work like barometer etc.
I want to make it more simple a lot of staff is useless in there... and I want to arrange the menu...
I'm still looking how can I open the firmware..So if anyone can help on that I'm all ears....

Reactions: blasphemine

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
Ok guys I contact ulefone and they give me an answer.
They will release a new update maybe and they will remove altimeter barometer and things that don't work. I asked for this and they will fix it maybe with a new update firmware.
I also asked to add some more language support like greek characters. but they say the hardware is limited... so I ask them if they can release 2 roms supporting different languages...
We will see soon I hope...

Vamire

Oct 3, 2010
ulefone email :
Hello,
1. To support your language, a language package is needed while there is not enough storage.
2. Yes, we'll offer a ROM with the 2 functions deleted.
3. As i mentioned before, this is a simple product and we don't have plan to further improve it. Now our engineering team is busy with a new product.
Have a nice day!

As my english is not perfect can anyone ask them to give as the source code or whatever is needed to unlock the firmware so we can make some customization?

Last edited:
Reactions: laienskipper

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I found this watch for pre-sale on gearbest, looks pretty interesting:
    http://des.gearbest.com/uploads/2015/201509/heditor/201509011416274228.jpg
    Main Features:
    • Pedometer / Sleep monitoring / Sedentary reminder: Your private management expert, monitor the daily movement, the quality of your sleep and remind you to have a rest. Enjoy unfettered moment while helping you achieve your health goals.
    • Remote camera / music: Can control your smart phone to take photos and play music, and you can enjoy the pleasure on your wrist.
    • Anti lost / Find phone: Unique proximity sensor system, two-way anti lost, take good care of your smart watch and phone.
    • Dialer / Message: When a call or message is coming, you can check it without taking out of your mobile phone.
    • Information push: Can push Twitter, G-mail, Facebook, WhatsApp information, you can easily communicate with your friends or family.
    • IP65 waterproof: You can wear it to do daily washing, such as wash hands and face.

Products characteristics:
    • 2.5D Arc touch screen: 2.5D Arc screen wide viewing angle.
    • 316L stainless steel case: Unique industrial design, the case of uWear involves 40 different procedures. It is thin, smooth and hard.
    • Fluoroelastomer strap: Fluoroelastomer sport strap is the same as iWatch

Note: iOS phones support Bluetooth Dialing, Music and Remote Camera function.
    Specifications
    Hardware
    Brand: Ulefone
    Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 4.0
    RAM: 32M
    ROM: 32M
    Waterproof: YES
    Waterproof Rating: IP65
    Functions
    Bluetooth calling: Phone call reminder, Phonebook
    Messaging: Message reminder
    Health tracker: Sleep monitor, Pedometer, Sedentary reminder
    Remote control: Music remote, Camera remote
    Notification: Yes
    Anti-lost: Yes
    Find phone: Yes
    Other functions: Alarm
    Groups of alarm: 5 sets
    Alert type: Ring, Vibration
    Locking screen : 2 kinds
    Screen
    Screen: 2.5D Capacitive Touch Panel
    Screen size: 1.44 inch
    Battery
    Battery type: Polymer lithium ion battery
    Battery capacity: 220mAh
    Standby time: About 7 days
    General
    People: Unisex watch
    Dial and Band
    Shape of the dial: Rectangle
    Case material: Stainless Steel
    Band material: Fluoroelastomer
    Features
    Compatible OS: Android, iOS
    Compatability: Android / iOS 5.0 or above system
    Language: Italian, Simplified / TraditionalChinese, Deutsch, French, Spanish, Russian, English, Portuguese
    Available color: Black, Silver
    Weight and Size
    Package size (L x W x H): 9 x 9 x 7.5 cm / 3.54 x 3.54 x 2.95 inches
    Product weight: 0.045 kg
    Package weight: 0.18 kg
    Package contents
    Package contents: 1 x Ulefone uWear Smart Watch, 1 x Chinese and English Manual

What do you think?
    Ok guys I contact ulefone and they give me an answer.
    They will release a new update maybe and they will remove altimeter barometer and things that don't work. I asked for this and they will fix it maybe with a new update firmware.
    I also asked to add some more language support like greek characters. but they say the hardware is limited... so I ask them if they can release 2 roms supporting different languages...
    We will see soon I hope...
    Reset code

Thanks Vamire
    After installing both the 32bit and 64bit drivers in the Windows 7 folder (using administrator privileges) I finally got Device Manager to recognise the watch and show the COM port (mine was 7).
    Attempted to flash the device and after about 40 minutes, the software program reported "incorrect SML file for this phone. Stop now" ??
    I stopped the flash program and started the watch

Success!!!! I too have stopwatch and power-save options.

Seems the flash did work after all. Now we just need to discover how to fully realise the watch's potential with different icons, wallpapers, sounds etc.

Thanks again..
    The price has temporarily dropped to $23 at Gearbest:
    http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_225970.html
    At the moment there are still 63 pieces left.