Ultimate fixes here - battery, lag, camera, browser

Search This thread

Woza72

Oct 19, 2014
Hi all, here I is a list of fixes that work.
1. Improve battery
a. Disable data roaming
b. In settings 'power management' toggle on 'Queue background data'
c. If using Google Chrome browser - When in chrome go to settings and toggle off 'merge tabs and apps'.
d. Install and run Gservicefix from the Google Play store, as this stops all the parts of Google play services that run in the background, chewing up battery and slowing your device. Make sure you follow the instructions, no root required.

2.Remove lag, improve performance
a. Install the latest firmware 32.0.A.6.152.
Install Sony PC companion, it will download the latest firmware (takes a few hours) connect your phone, let it do its thing. This will have your phone running like melted butter.

3. Camera
a. Go into settings, apps, all. Find 'photo analyser' and disable it.
This not only improves picture quality but the camera app opens quicker and removes lag between taking pictures.

4. Browser
a. Download and install Rbrowser from the Google play store. The fastest internet browser ever for Snapdragon devices, developed right here on XDA, integrates with your Google account. Super fast, you'll be surprised!

Well that's it. All the best, hope it has helped and saved you time and frustration.

Last edited:

Notchr302

Sep 29, 2014
Has the latest firmware been updated to all models? The UK version as well?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

zakiwashi

Dec 7, 2007
WOW, thanks for that. Not too bothered about the battery drain but what a difference it makes, disabling the photo analyser service. when the screen is off, the camera opens up in less than a second. Awesome.

And yes, the UK version has the latest sony firmware now.

Mmmiku

May 30, 2007
1. Improve battery
a. Disable data roaming
c. If using Google Chrome browser - When in chrome go to settings and toggle off 'merge tabs and apps'.
d. Install and run Gservicefix from the Google Play store, as this stops all the parts of Google play services that run in the background, chewing up battery and slowing your device. Make sure you follow the instructions, no root required.

Install Sony PC companion, it will download the latest firmware (takes a few hours) connect your phone, let it do its thing. This will have your phone running like melted butter.

3. Camera
This not only improves picture quality but the camera app opens quicker and removes lag between taking pictures.

4. Browser
a. Download and install Rbrowser from the Google play store. The fastest internet browser ever for Snapdragon devices, developed right here on XDA, integrates with your Google account. Super fast, you'll be surprised!

Well that's it. All the best, hope it has helped and saved you time and frustration.

I have to say that you know your stuff. This really got my hand set going :)

Groofy85

Nov 8, 2015
Also wanting a little bit more info about the Gservicefix; After downloading and running it, do you still need to have it or can it be deleted? And yeah, exactly what does it do and is it a safe app etc?

runemail

Sep 6, 2006
Still amazing that you should even need to look at a list of fixes and hacks to get a flagship device like the z5c working. My camera app is still painfully slow, as is focus to actually take pictures. Yesterday lag was so bad I had to restart my phone to be able to make a phone call. Still puzzeled by how this phone got good reviews? My worst android experience ever. The downward spiral just continues for Sony.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Improve battery
    a. Disable data roaming

3. Camera

4. Browser