[ULTIMATE GUIDE] How To Unbrick your Moto G6 Plus

inimigor

Jan 18, 2013
Primavera do Leste
Device still won't get recognized

I screwed up when trying to install PixelExperience coming from Floko with the TWRP I had installed, i forgot I had a "no AB partition" and I guess that ****ed me over now...

All i get is the AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)

blank-flash won't detect the device, but is detected in fastboot when I type "fastboot devicves" then, when I run "fastboot boot bootloader.img" or even for a TWRP recovery it seems to hang and say it's downloading, but it never finishes. Even the bootloader logs show cmd:download:0094d00 on the device screen. Same behavior when I try to flash anything.

Could this even be recovered somehow? My boot screen doesn't seem to be the same as others on unbrick videos i've seen..

Edit: I managed to somehow flash partition once... The screen looked more like the regular one and I even got back into TWRP, I tried flashing the Floko rom again, but once I reboot the device, it's back to the same screen again

Last edited:

eagledipesh

Jan 8, 2011
This is great work, I was wondering if you would be kind enough to help me.
I have Moto G 2014, can you generate blank file for my device, or guide me who can? I tried G7 blank file but it didn't work as board is different

I know it may not work but gave it a try. your blank file on XT1068. below errorm, it seems that this meathod is supported by my device but it needs correct blank file.
C:\Users\Dipesh\Downloads\blankflash>.\qboot.exe blank-flash
Motorola qboot utility version 3.86
[ 0.000] Opening device: \\.\COM3
[ 0.002] Detecting device
[ 0.006] ...cpu.id = 2048 (0x800)
[ 0.006] ...cpu.sn = 128652889 (0x7ab1659)
[ 0.006] Opening singleimage
[ 0.045] Loading package
[ 0.048] Failed identify board. Wrong package?
[ 0.049] ERROR: error loading package
[ 0.049] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[ 0.049] Total time: 0.051s
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->error loading package

C:\Users\Dipesh\Downloads\blankflash>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Last edited:

reef2009

Aug 8, 2010
Delft
I screwed up when trying to install PixelExperience coming from Floko with the TWRP I had installed, i forgot I had a "no AB partition" and I guess that ****ed me over now...

All i get is the AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)

blank-flash won't detect the device, but is detected in fastboot when I type "fastboot devicves" then, when I run "fastboot boot bootloader.img" or even for a TWRP recovery it seems to hang and say it's downloading, but it never finishes. Even the bootloader logs show cmd:download:0094d00 on the device screen. Same behavior when I try to flash anything.

Could this even be recovered somehow? My boot screen doesn't seem to be the same as others on unbrick videos i've seen..

Edit: I managed to somehow flash partition once... The screen looked more like the regular one and I even got back into TWRP, I tried flashing the Floko rom again, but once I reboot the device, it's back to the same screen again
I think I have the same problem.
My phone turns on directly when I put in a cable.
Or it reacts to the buttons. There is now time to wait for 15 or 30 seconds. I can get into Fastboot but Fastboot wont react only working comand is fatsboot devices all otheres Will frees like iets continiously loading.

Did you fix this?
Does anyone know a fix? For now my OS boots (default os for G6 Plus and is rooted) but I can't update upgrade flash or boot twrp etc etc....

werner1

May 10, 2009
Recently bricked my Moto G6+, don't know how it came, its screen freezed, after reboot some seconds worked, then again freezed. After several reboots (tried some extended options) it dind'nt reboot anymore - bricked. Then I found this thread and tried unbricking - but the device fails going into fastboot mode:
Motorola qboot utility version 3.86
[ -0.000] Opening device: \\.\COM7
[ -0.000] Detecting device
[ -0.000] ...cpu.id = 172 (0xac)
[ -0.000] ...cpu.sn = 2429201518 (0x90caac6e)
[ -0.000] Opening singleimage
[ -0.000] Loading package
[ 0.010] ...filename = pkg.xml
[ 0.010] Loading programmer
[ 0.010] ...filename = programmer.elf
[ 0.010] Sending programmer
[ 0.176] Handling things over to programmer
[ 0.176] Identifying CPU version
[ 0.176] Waiting for firehose to get ready
[ 3.220] ...SDM630 1.0
[ 3.220] Determining target secure state
[ 3.220] ...secure = yes
[ 3.252] Configuring device...
[ 3.252] Flashing GPT...
[ 3.252] Flashing partition with gpt.bin
[ 3.252] Initializing storage
[ 4.432] Target NAK!
[ 4.432] ...ERROR: Failed to open the SDCC Device slot 0 partition 0
[ 4.432] ...ERROR: Failed to open the device 1 slot 0 partition 0
[ 4.432] ...INFO: Device type 1, slot 0, partition 0, error 0
[ 4.432] ...WARN: Get Info failed to open 1 slot 0, partition 0, error 0
[ 4.432] ...ERROR: Failed to get device info slot:0artition:0
[ 4.432] ...GetStorageInfo Failed - storage_device_get_info() returned FALSE
[ 4.432] ...ERROR 14: Line 1281: HANDLE_STORAGE_INFO_FAILURE
[ 4.432] ERROR: do_package()->do_recipe()->do_flash()->flash_simg()->do_package()->do_recipe()->do_flash()->gpt_flash()->get_storage()->init_storage()->firehose_do_fmt()->do_recipe()->NAK
[ 4.432] Check qboot_log.txt for more details
[ 4.432] Total time: 4.432s
FAILED: qb_flash_singleimage()->do_package()->do_recipe()->do_flash()->flash_simg()->do_package()->do_recipe()->do_flash()->gpt_flash()->get_storage()->init_storage()->firehose_do_fmt()->do_recipe()->NAK

C:\blankflash>pause
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .
May somebody help?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
I think I have the same problem.
My phone turns on directly when I put in a cable.
Or it reacts to the buttons. There is now time to wait for 15 or 30 seconds. I can get into Fastboot but Fastboot wont react only working comand is fatsboot devices all otheres Will frees like iets continiously loading.

Did you fix this?
Does anyone know a fix? For now my OS boots (default os for G6 Plus and is rooted) but I can't update upgrade flash or boot twrp etc etc....
What does getvar all say?
Code:
fastboot getvar all

Cesco67

Jan 18, 2015
Emilia
Hello everybody
I have a Moto G6 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo. The root I did it with the guide
Yesterday I updated Magisk, and the flash failed error appeared, but the phone kept working until shutdown; from that moment it does not start anymore. The screen appears
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)
No bootable A/B slot
Failed to boot Linux, falling back to fastboot

Fastboot Reason: Fall-through from normal mode

I tried, using the volume keys, to launch the recovery mode; they are displayed a series of data and at the bottom the writing
flashing_unlocked
Connect USB Data Cable

But here I stop because I don't know how to proceed
I tried to follow this guide but in the first post the link to the Stock Rom file is no longer available.
Questions.
- Where can I find the Stock Rom file?
- I think the problem is in the boot, is it possible to flash only this while keeping all the data?

Thank you all ;)

Ps
Sorry for my english, I use Google Translate...