How To Guide Ultra - Fast and Stable ROG PHONE 6 PRO ROOT GUIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Updated)

Search This thread

Therazorsedge

Dec 15, 2017
youtu.be
So, i was the first to provide the update for this beauty. 6 and 6 pro.

This file will allow you to have ROOT on yout device, extracted with some tools, Terminal/adb typing, etc.

JUST TWO STEPS!

Step 1
: Flash the Magisk package on Terminal, CMD or whatever (fastboot flash boot.img) www.mediafire.com/u6weyjcf7edg/igjva0go25fgtcy/magisk_patched-25200_8b9nH.img
Step 2: Download Magisk.apk and that's all!!!!!!

-----

&&&&&&&&&&

Workaround:

- computer doesnt detect phone:
Install this and double click! https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-windows-adb-fastboot-august-2022.3944288/

-¿hou can Y Flass Both.IMGG?
- https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-how-to-flash-a-new-boot-img-via-fastboot.1752270/

- I brake my phony please jelp:
Flash RAW or, Flash EDL.

- How do I preseve root with OTA UPDATE?

3. Tap "Download and install" or local update if OTA from ASUS WEBSITE

4. Wait until you are prompted to reboot - DO NOT REBOOT NOW!

5. Open Magisk Application

a. Select the Install option.
b. Use Install to inactive slot

OnePlus-8T-Install-Magisk-Inactive-Slot.jpg

OnePlus-8T-Reboot-Phone-After-Magisk-Installation.jpg

Step 2 - Reboot and enjoy your device still rooted with latest OTA installed !​

Last edited:

BaronBeef

Jul 27, 2022
Hello. Is there a link for the OPEN BL?
i searched google but cant find any links for it from the asus side.
i dont really want to install the ones belonging to the older generation of the ROG Phone.
Thanks

iMoc

Jun 15, 2016
Hello. Is there a link for the OPEN BL?
i searched google but cant find any links for it from the asus side.
i dont really want to install the ones belonging to the older generation of the ROG Phone.
Thanks
Thank you for this guide!

Is there a way to go from CN to WW without root?
YOU MAY NOT UNLOCK YOUR BL AFTER YOU UNLOCKED IT ONCE AND RELOCK IT! NOT VERIFIED ON ROG 6 SO PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Hi, I see a lot of threads, so, I open my own.

This is a tutorial of how you can have root permanently AND updates (root+updates) on this beauty.

And also, you can switch to CN (more battery, but less features -> themes, stuff) or WW ROM.

First of all, there's this files you should download on your computer or your beauty:

(A) Log by Google: MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED, please provide proper credits when sharing others' work

(B) Download OPEN BL from Asus website, the APK to open it.

(C) Root the Asus (Fastboot flash boot on CMD) with a GOOD CABLE (**** cables doesn't work, sorry.) AND with the LATERAL PORT. You need PLATFORM TOOLS AND/OR MINIMAL ADB (GOOGLE IT AS EVERYTHING...) TO RUN...

(D) "Buy" the root explorer APK on play store, don't think for a minute you can find that on Google, or you can find it, I don't know :)

(E) Install Magisk APK check everything works as ROOT ENVIROMENT SUCCESFULLY INSTALLED.

(F) On ROOT EXPLORER APK press on the ‘ROOT‘ tab to access the root storage of your phone. Navigate to the ‘/Vendor/Factory‘ folder and find the file with the name ‘COUNTRY‘. Tap on the file and open it with the ‘Text Editor‘. put there CN if you want China (capital letters) or, WW if you want global, reset phone.

(G) Go to the big 4GB file you first downloaded and search the FLASH ALL AFT bat, (extract it first); then, put the phone to BL with power+vol. UP until you see in GREEN Start. Put cable on side port, and double click on FLASH ALL. Voila! You have your phone converter and -it can eat updates.

(H) To update it search for updates on Asus; rog 6 firmware on Google.

Troubleshooting

If your phone isn't detected use another cable go to device manager and check for ASUS ADB INTERFACE TO SHOW if not, change cable and/or download ADB drivers on XDA the .exe file.

The magisk image is to root the phone Fastboot flash boot .IMG (put it on CMD window)

Bonus:

To remove HARDWARESTUB download Notifications off root on play store and install it.

(10) The last step of this very good and awesome tutorial; to keep root after update; download the file, put on root directory; let it update DONT DONT DONT reboot; go to Magisk,

a. Select the Install option.
b. Use Install to inactive slot

Reboot, done.

I'm not asking for donation but; you can "donate" me more "Freely" through subscribing to my YT channel if you really want is the same and it's indeed, Free. https://youtube.com/channel/UCRFpKkKvIOrkFY5eDUG_VBg

Thank you for the instructions.

My phone's product code has been changed to "WW_AI2201" and could be updated the firmware from ASUS site once. However, after update the product code returned "CN_AI2201". Could you please help me to keep it "WW"?

And also please tell how to change the fingerprint from "CN" to "WW", if you know.

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
How to unroot after rooting? Do i need to extract the current boot.img & re flash it to unroot it?
To unroot you can just go into magisk and click uninstall, but then you probably also want to relock your bootloader MAKE SURE YOU FACTORY RESET AND HAVE STOCK ROM BEFORE YOU RELOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER!!!

Code:
fastboot oem lock

#OR

fastboot flashing lock

Then you probably also want to go to settings -> developer mode afterwards and disable -> 'OEM Unlocking'

Last edited:
Reactions: finallau

finallau

Mar 6, 2015
london
I can't get root explorer to mount R/W on root to get COUNTRY file changed from CN to WW..
Though I could save the file but device info HW shows my fingerprint is still CN..
unable to perform manual update as fingerprint is still CN..

Had my root checker checked, running latest magisk as well..

Tried multiple root explorer versions & other file manager with root access..

Some file manager showed "file is read-only"

anybody having the same issue? any solution?

Last edited:

finallau

Mar 6, 2015
london

My phone's product code has been changed to "WW_AI2201" and could be updated the firmware from ASUS site once. However, after update the product code returned "CN_AI2201". Could you please help me to keep it "WW"?

And also please tell how to change the fingerprint from "CN" to "WW", if you know.
I'm having the same issue too.. looks like it wasn't R/W but R/O only in root explorer hence it's the cause you won't permanently change the COUNTRY file..
Did a fingerprint check using device info HW app still shows my fingerprint as CN...

nadeer88

Aug 21, 2022
fastboot oem lock

Or

fastboot flashing lock

I have tried but it always doesn't go through..

I use:
adb devices and it I can see it reads my phone.. but when I type adb reboot bootloader, it doesn't continue after this for me to be able to use the commands that you gave.

Is there any way that I am doing wrong? Kindly help me lock my phone again.

Thank you!

ougahk

Dec 17, 2010

Same as me! Just update zip once, then 2n update will be fail, but i saw the country file show WW in root explorer .....any method can flash zip directly?

You don't need root. You can just flash the RAW file. But you MIGHT not be able to update it because updater won't recognize WW update zip file if you don't change that COUNTRY file.
I bought the version with 12GB Ram and 128GB SSD, and I think that's what happens to mine, because I can´t update it OTG, what steps should I follow? What risk do I run that I already have a root and the seller did, and I don't know by what method he did or what he did to pass it from CN to WW

Top Liked Posts