How To Guide Ultra - Fast and Stable ROG PHONE 6 PRO ROOT GUIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Updated)

Search This thread

faisalll9666

Sep 4, 2022
I bought the version with 12GB Ram and 128GB SSD, and I think that's what happens to mine, because I can´t update it OTG, what steps should I follow? What risk do I run that I already have a root and the seller did, and I don't know by what method he did or what he did to pass it from CN to WW
hi yohimtz
i want to ask how is your experience buying an already rooted phone any issues other than that ?
and from where you got it ? i am hesitating to get one form aliexpress

hi yohimtz
i want to ask how is your experience buying an already rooted phone any issues other than that ?
and from where you got it ? i am hesitating to get one form aliexpress
Hello friend, if I have a problem, with whatsapp, when I send voice notes, and they are sending me in the same conversation, notes, if I open one and cut it off by sending another, my microphone and audio fail, and I have to restart, that's why I want to update the equipment, it has happened to me 5 times (in 1 month that I have with it), from then on, nothing, everything works perfect and as it should, I'm from Mexico, I live in Mexico, and the The truth is that it is not the first device that I acquired through ALIEXPRES, 2 friends and I bought the ROG Phone 3, which is wonderful, and I still have it, I changed the battery for a new one, and the team is still 10 out of 10, but I'm tempted by the novelty and I don't regret it, it has some better software tricks, and without a doubt, it runs games better, the only uncomfortable thing is the fan, it's much bigger and I still can't get used to it, I feel heavy with the post, but this one does not get hot, the ROG 3 fan was a joke :D and as you say, the root problem, you know, with I have no problem with the ROG 3, I go to the official page, download the file, transfer it to the root memory, and that's it, it's updated, it's also a Tencent unit, but it's 256, I guess that's the reason why I don't of error, and the new ROG 6 that I acquired, is a 128GB Tencent unit, and since it does not exist in the global, I suppose there is the problem, or on the other hand, that a root did me wrong, the ROG 3 also came with a problem in the software, which with the updates was corrected and became better and faster, which is why I value the updates and want to do it with mine, the equipment purchases, I make them with paid shipping, DHL, paying taxes upon arrival , and I notice that they enter through the USA, and then from there to Mexico, unfortunately, in my country, the national postal service is garbage, and they steal things, that's why I wouldn't even send it with them, the price too It is attractive, the ROG 3 2 years ago, it cost me $550US and the ROG 6 1 month ago, I paid $830US for the equipment, with fan included, in both In these cases, already including the cost of DHL express shipping, which took only 7 days to reach my hands, from China, in the ROG 3 they did not charge me taxes, and in the ROG 6 yes, they were $40US

faisalll9666

Sep 4, 2022
Hello friend, if I have a problem, with whatsapp, when I send voice notes, and they are sending me in the same conversation, notes, if I open one and cut it off by sending another, my microphone and audio fail, and I have to restart, that's why I want to update the equipment, it has happened to me 5 times (in 1 month that I have with it), from then on, nothing, everything works perfect and as it should, I'm from Mexico, I live in Mexico, and the The truth is that it is not the first device that I acquired through ALIEXPRES, 2 friends and I bought the ROG Phone 3, which is wonderful, and I still have it, I changed the battery for a new one, and the team is still 10 out of 10, but I'm tempted by the novelty and I don't regret it, it has some better software tricks, and without a doubt, it runs games better, the only uncomfortable thing is the fan, it's much bigger and I still can't get used to it, I feel heavy with the post, but this one does not get hot, the ROG 3 fan was a joke :D and as you say, the root problem, you know, with I have no problem with the ROG 3, I go to the official page, download the file, transfer it to the root memory, and that's it, it's updated, it's also a Tencent unit, but it's 256, I guess that's the reason why I don't of error, and the new ROG 6 that I acquired, is a 128GB Tencent unit, and since it does not exist in the global, I suppose there is the problem, or on the other hand, that a root did me wrong, the ROG 3 also came with a problem in the software, which with the updates was corrected and became better and faster, which is why I value the updates and want to do it with mine, the equipment purchases, I make them with paid shipping, DHL, paying taxes upon arrival , and I notice that they enter through the USA, and then from there to Mexico, unfortunately, in my country, the national postal service is garbage, and they steal things, that's why I wouldn't even send it with them, the price too It is attractive, the ROG 3 2 years ago, it cost me $550US and the ROG 6 1 month ago, I paid $830US for the equipment, with fan included, in both In these cases, already including the cost of DHL express shipping, which took only 7 days to reach my hands, from China, in the ROG 3 they did not charge me taxes, and in the ROG 6 yes, they were $40US
Thanks for the replay friend
i see most seller on aliexpress say that the phone spurt OTA update have you tryed communicate with them about this issue ?
any other issues ? such as not getting notifications or so
any recommendation or advice before buying the phone ?

i really need to upgrade my rog phone 2

Thanks for the replay friend
i see most seller on aliexpress say that the phone spurt OTA update have you tryed communicate with them about this issue ?
any other issues ? such as not getting notifications or so
any recommendation or advice before buying the phone ?

i really need to upgrade my rog phone 2
no, no other problem, and boy, do I use it a lot, loving videos, sending files over the network between PC and device, printing via remote or direct connection, yes, all vendors say that it is the WW version and that it works OTA and that's it see what happened to me 😅 I use Google and playstore apps, and no problem, neither with GPS nor cell phone connection, the equipment always works with data and Wi-Fi, and yes, I have communication with the seller, and if he responds, He gave me a series of steps, super simple, that dude will work out and that's how it was, he literally shared the link to download the ready file, he told him to enter the root, connect via USB to the PC and execute such file, and nothing happens, I don't know if he missed a step or what, and just 2 days ago (after a week of being discouraged and without telling him that I couldn't), I told him that I couldn't, the method he told me didn't work, he'll answer me tomorrow .

thats great bro
what seller you got your phone from ?
and please keep us updated regarding the update issue
no problem at all i always use TIKTOK, instagram, face, whats, netflix, youtube, capcut, spotify, 2 remote camera programs for business, and as for gaming, i play wild rift, CODM, POGO, fornite, apex, and in all that, no errors, no crashes, no frozen screens, I tell you, I get the error on Whatsapp, I don't detect any other, and of course yes, let me share the seller, a good cover (which in my opinion was better the quality and protection in the ROG 3, but I repeated the brand and manufacturer, and once and for all the glass lenses.

Hi, I see a lot of threads, so, I open my own.

This is a tutorial of how you can have root permanently AND updates (root+updates) on this beauty.

And also, you can switch to CN (more battery, but less features -> themes, stuff) or WW ROM.

First of all, there's this files you should download on your computer or your beauty:

(A) Log by Google: MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED, please provide proper credits when sharing others' work

(B) Download OPEN BL from Asus website, the APK to open it.

(C) Root the Asus (Fastboot flash boot on CMD) with a GOOD CABLE (**** cables doesn't work, sorry.) AND with the LATERAL PORT. You need PLATFORM TOOLS AND/OR MINIMAL ADB (GOOGLE IT AS EVERYTHING...) TO RUN...

(D) "Buy" the root explorer APK on play store, don't think for a minute you can find that on Google, or you can find it, I don't know :)

(E) Install Magisk APK check everything works as ROOT ENVIROMENT SUCCESFULLY INSTALLED.

(F) On ROOT EXPLORER APK press on the ‘ROOT‘ tab to access the root storage of your phone. Navigate to the ‘/Vendor/Factory‘ folder and find the file with the name ‘COUNTRY‘. Tap on the file and open it with the ‘Text Editor‘. put there CN if you want China (capital letters) or, WW if you want global, reset phone.

(G) Go to the big 4GB file you first downloaded and search the FLASH ALL AFT bat, (extract it first); then, put the phone to BL with power+vol. UP until you see in GREEN Start. Put cable on side port, and double click on FLASH ALL. Voila! You have your phone converter and -it can eat updates.

(H) To update it search for updates on Asus; rog 6 firmware on Google.

Troubleshooting

If your phone isn't detected use another cable go to device manager and check for ASUS ADB INTERFACE TO SHOW if not, change cable and/or download ADB drivers on XDA the .exe file.

The magisk image is to root the phone Fastboot flash boot .IMG (put it on CMD window)

Bonus:

To remove HARDWARESTUB download Notifications off root on play store and install it.

(10) The last step of this very good and awesome tutorial; to keep root after update; download the file, put on root directory; let it update DONT DONT DONT reboot; go to Magisk,

a. Select the Install option.
b. Use Install to inactive slot

Reboot, done.

I'm not asking for donation but; you can "donate" me more "Freely" through subscribing to my YT channel if you really want is the same and it's indeed,
hello, help, if my computer already had a root (I don't know if it's active or deactivated), it's already in a WW version, but I can't update it, neither OTA nor downloading the file and placing it in the root, what steps should I follow or from where, help, I'm very new to root

Therazorsedge

Dec 15, 2017
youtu.be
I have tried but it always doesn't go through..

I use:
adb devices and it I can see it reads my phone.. but when I type adb reboot bootloader, it doesn't continue after this for me to be able to use the commands that you gave.

Is there any way that I am doing wrong? Kindly help me lock my phone again.

Thank you!
Find the correct drivers for ADB see on windows device administration

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, i was the first to provide the update for this beauty. 6 and 6 pro.

This file will allow you to have ROOT on yout device, extracted with some tools, Terminal/adb typing, etc.

JUST TWO STEPS!

Step 1
    : Flash the Magisk package on Terminal, CMD or whatever (fastboot flash boot.img) www.mediafire.com/u6weyjcf7edg/igjva0go25fgtcy/magisk_patched-25200_8b9nH.img
    Step 2: Download Magisk.apk and that's all!!!!!!

-----

&&&&&&&&&&

Workaround:

- computer doesnt detect phone:
    Install this and double click! https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-windows-adb-fastboot-august-2022.3944288/

-¿hou can Y Flass Both.IMGG?
    - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-how-to-flash-a-new-boot-img-via-fastboot.1752270/

- I brake my phony please jelp:
    Flash RAW or, Flash EDL.

- How do I preseve root with OTA UPDATE?

3. Tap "Download and install" or local update if OTA from ASUS WEBSITE

4. Wait until you are prompted to reboot - DO NOT REBOOT NOW!

5. Open Magisk Application

a. Select the Install option.
    b. Use Install to inactive slot

OnePlus-8T-Install-Magisk-Inactive-Slot.jpg

OnePlus-8T-Reboot-Phone-After-Magisk-Installation.jpg

Step 2 - Reboot and enjoy your device still rooted with latest OTA installed !​

Thank you for this guide!

Is there a way to go from CN to WW without root?
    You don't need root. You can just flash the RAW file. But you MIGHT not be able to update it because updater won't recognize WW update zip file if you don't change that COUNTRY file.
    Thank you for this guide!

Is there a way to go from CN to WW without root?
    Hello. Is there a link for the OPEN BL?
    i searched google but cant find any links for it from the asus side.
    i dont really want to install the ones belonging to the older generation of the ROG Phone.
    Thanks

Yes! I don't know if they really work from you, maybe gets you error. But those are in Asus Website as well.
    How to unroot after rooting? Do i need to extract the current boot.img & re flash it to unroot it?
    To unroot you can just go into magisk and click uninstall, but then you probably also want to relock your bootloader MAKE SURE YOU FACTORY RESET AND HAVE STOCK ROM BEFORE YOU RELOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER!!!

Code:
    fastboot oem lock

#OR

fastboot flashing lock

Then you probably also want to go to settings -> developer mode afterwards and disable -> 'OEM Unlocking'