• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Ultra hard brick

Search This thread

therichieboy

Apr 12, 2016
Hi,

I was fixing a hard brick using this thread for MSM tool.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/help/help-device-corrupt-trusted-boot-t3946658

I couldn't see the Qualcomm QD loader appear on my device manager but went ahead and started the tool. It looked like nothing was happening so I unplugged my phone and suddenly reaslised there was a progress bar on the MSM tool.

Now when I try and switch on my phone or hold down the vulume up and down buttons I get this message flashing up after a brief boot screen

<!>
Upgrade download failed!!!
Please check your download flow is right.

accompanied with a message on my PC that the usb device isn't functioning.

Update: I just tried it again and Qualcomm QD appeared on device manager briefly before the problem returned.

Advice?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

aPuddle

Jul 5, 2011
Tallahassee
For any other forlorn souls who come across this thread, I was experiencing essentially the same bug I think, I'm not really sure what happened (I got up to get a drink), but when I came back to my computer my OnePlus 7 Pro was stuck in a terrifying boot loop while plugged in where all I would see, all in yellow was:

<!>

That would be visible for a second or so and then the phone would power cycle and display the OnePlus splash screen for less than a second then back to the yellow error message. I could not boot into recovery, fastboot, or standard.

SOLUTION:
Plugged phone into PC via USB, held down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and waited for it to power cycle itself. Screen stayed off, but it showed up in Device Manager under ports, and I was able to start the MsmDownloadTool and flash a new system image.

Reactions: Gus194

Velrix

Apr 23, 2014
So its odd but I get this message briefly as the phone boots up, but the phone works otherwise. Do you know how to do get rid of it because running the MSM tool has not fixed the message.

BoscoChung

Dec 11, 2020
For any other forlorn souls who come across this thread, I was experiencing essentially the same bug I think, I'm not really sure what happened (I got up to get a drink), but when I came back to my computer my OnePlus 7 Pro was stuck in a terrifying boot loop while plugged in where all I would see, all in yellow was:

<!>

That would be visible for a second or so and then the phone would power cycle and display the OnePlus splash screen for less than a second then back to the yellow error message. I could not boot into recovery, fastboot, or standard.

SOLUTION:
Plugged phone into PC via USB, held down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and waited for it to power cycle itself. Screen stayed off, but it showed up in Device Manager under ports, and I was able to start the MsmDownloadTool and flash a new system image.
Thank you so much that helped me a lot
I almost went to buy another phone

Bubumaster123

Jul 5, 2021

<!>

SOLUTION:
You are an Hero you deserve your own heaven you can have my soul thank you so much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

<!>

SOLUTION: