UMI X2 Smart Phone 5`` 1920*1080 MT6589 A7 Quad-Core 1.2GHz Camera 2.0/13.0MP RAM 2GB

Search This thread

Ferg8080

Oct 24, 2012
Umi Cross C1

Sorry to invade this forum as I make my first foray into the world of Chinese smartphones but there doesn't seem to be a decent support thread dealing with ROMs for the Umi C1 like there is for the X2 or ZP990. Probably because it is a fairly new phone I suppose. I think I have made up my mind and will probably take a chance and go for the C1 either from iShoppstore or Sci.

My query is what will I need to do to get this phone set up properly for day to day use here in the UK. From reading the XDA forums I am sort of expecting the worst and am assuming some things just may not work and I will have to do a bit of digging around to find solutions. A common problem for people seems to be getting stuff like the GPS working, accessing the full 32GB storage memory, etc.

Again apologies for using the wrong thread but any reassurance regarding buying a Umi phone would be appreciated from current owners.

Thanks

JBrandtner

Oct 15, 2012
Try to find a custom ROM on Needrom.com for example that fixes issues... otherwise use Mobileuncle Tools for GPS fix.also delete or freeze chinese apps, if there are some.
My X2T is working fine, hardware buttons are not correctly lightened and the notification LED is quite dark... but everything else is working. You mustn't expect quality (GPS, WLAN, etc) like a Samsung S4, but for half the price this phone offers alot and is working well!

Reactions: Ferg8080

Ferg8080

Oct 24, 2012
Try to find a custom ROM on Needrom.com for example that fixes issues... otherwise use Mobileuncle Tools for GPS fix.also delete or freeze chinese apps, if there are some.
My X2T is working fine, hardware buttons are not correctly lightened and the notification LED is quite dark... but everything else is working. You mustn't expect quality (GPS, WLAN, etc) like a Samsung S4, but for half the price this phone offers alot and is working well!

Well I've taken the plunge and ordered the UMI Cross from iShopp Store so hoping that my feedback will be positive when I get to play with it.

Question for Umi smartphone owners was wondering if you had to work to get GPS and WLAN operating correctly or did it work out of the box?

There is a tutorial for creating custom ROMs in Needrom.com so that looks interesting, might explore.

Solitario88

Feb 17, 2013
Xperia Rom for Umi X2
Original Thread - http://bbs.91umi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=471172&extra=page=1

This is the ROM link, flash w CWM.
Password r5p8

And flash the following thereafter:
- Xperia Z keyboard.
- Gapps light version.
- Increase Audio (optional)
- Wifi fix (only flash if Wifi has problem)

hello guys will summarize my problem, a client has sent me a x2 Turbo but it not working more after 2 month. It starts but the screen is completely black, both acende few seconds but it is unusable! I tried several ROM by Flash Tool but to no avail. I thinkthat the driver of the LCD are corrupted. So i need the Rom FT based for my Umi X2T but i don't know the build number or the boot number...the smartphone is buyed on october 2013
thank u

Solitario88

Feb 17, 2013
Try flash this original X2 rom via FlashTool

Link here
Password = n9xw

if fail try this
Link here
Password = b74u

Reference original thread here.

thank u my dear friend...i have try also this: MP_mt89_v6_x2vinus_vinus_jb2_sw_20130725-172948_wujianfang_PC_ML_G, the ADW Gravity 2.2 and the Europe/Usa Version but nothing...i m very worry!! now i m trying your version!
thank u

Solitario88

Feb 17, 2013
thank u my dear friend...i have try also this: MP_mt89_v6_x2vinus_vinus_jb2_sw_20130725-172948_wujianfang_PC_ML_G, the ADW Gravity 2.2 and the Europe/Usa Version but nothing...i m very worry!! now i m trying your version!
thank u

Edit: my dear friend i m trying your ROM via flash tool...(only the first because the second is for cwm) but the result is the same, the phone doesn t work! In this day i ve fkashed more ROM ft based.. Only one time the phone is started that with the gravity 2.2 but not weren t the recovery image and the bootloader....i m very worry.. I know that the phone work... Pls help me
P.s look the video...pls

Inviato dal mio GT-I9205 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

takagen

Feb 13, 2012
Edit: my dear friend i m trying your ROM via flash tool...(only the first because the second is for cwm) but the result is the same, the phone doesn t work! In this day i ve fkashed more ROM ft based.. Only one time the phone is started that with the gravity 2.2 but not weren t the recovery image and the bootloader....i m very worry.. I know that the phone work... Pls help me
P.s look the video...pls

Inviato dal mio GT-I9205 utilizzando Tapatalk

Looks like a hardware issue ?

1. Try this version of SP Flashtool
2. Load the scatter file from the same zip package in the first ROM.
3. Flash by clicking the Download in SP FlashTool

Upgraded mine using this method.

Solitario88

Feb 17, 2013
Looks like a hardware issue ?

1. Try this version of SP Flashtool
2. Load the scatter file from the same zip package in the first ROM.
3. Flash by clicking the Download in SP FlashTool

Upgraded mine using this method.

a hardware issue dear?? mmm the phone has work only one time with the gravity rom...it was work very well..after clean flash..is dead...however i've also used your method with your rom...i will try again...

EDIT: my dear friend i will try your method more more time and i've an important news...now mtkdroid see my smartphone, i've root it by it...but not work....some advice for me guys?? So the problem is the u boot that the bootlader and recovery! pls look the image!!

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

takagen

Feb 13, 2012
a hardware issue dear?? mmm the phone has work only one time with the gravity rom...it was work very well..after clean flash..is dead...however i've also used your method with your rom...i will try again...

EDIT: my dear friend i will try your method more more time and i've an important news...now mtkdroid see my smartphone, i've root it by it...but not work....some advice for me guys?? So the problem is the u boot that the bootlader and recovery! pls look the image!!

By right the rom comes root be default.

Also, you may also try this chinese software
http://www.shuame.com/

lias81

Dec 28, 2013
hi there,

I have a problem with my 3G connection.
Every time I use it and the phone is idle for 1-2 minutes when I unlock the screen to use the phone,the data connection is deactivated and I have to connect all over again.
Is that a device problem or is there a setting that I'm missing?
Is there any way to stay connected while idle?

Thank you in advance:fingers-crossed:

Solitario88

Feb 17, 2013
By right the rom comes root be default.

Also, you may also try this chinese software
http://www.shuame.com/

i know this tool dear but is in chinese languag how it works?

EDIT: guys I have important news! the phone start very well with miui 8.3.23, no initial boot but works well. The only big problem is the wi-fi. if I turn on/off , the touchscreen back does not work! why? help me? i've flashed it by shuame

Last edited:

lias81

Dec 28, 2013
hi there again :p

When I go to check my device's IMEI following this path

settings -> about phone -> status -> IMEI information, I got this error message "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"
and for instant both sim cards loose their signal..
:(

BUT if I press *#06# into dialing menu I got my IMEI twice.

is that a problem for my device that I have to fix it?

takagen

Feb 13, 2012
i know this tool dear but is in chinese languag how it works?

EDIT: guys I have important news! the phone start very well with miui 8.3.23, no initial boot but works well. The only big problem is the wi-fi. if I turn on/off , the touchscreen back does not work! why? help me? i've flashed it by shuame

Flash this new Sony Rom
Here
Password = 13r9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Topic about new released phone in Feb. 2013

I have plan to buy it :)

Umi-X2.jpg

Umi X2 sports 5 inch full HD display at 441 ppi. Display comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 scratch resistant glass. It also sports dual camera. Rear facing 13 MP camera boasts F2.0 aperture. Possibly, camera module is imported from Sony. It ensures excellent shooting. Front facing 2 MP camera is there as well. Li-ion 2500 mAh battery long hours of usage.

Umi X2 equips 32 GB storage. It’s not sure whether there is micro SD card slot or not. But 32 GB ROM is enough in most occasions. It leaves approx 26 GB. In connectivity segment it has Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, micro USB, HDMI etc.

Highlighting Features of Umi X2

■5 inch Full HD display, 441 ppi
    ■HSPA+ speed
    ■Quad core processor, MediaTek MT6589 SoC
    ■2 GB RAM
    ■Android 4.1 JellyBean OS
    ■13 MP camera, full HD video recording, 2 MP front camera
    ■2500 mAh battery
    Specifications & Features of Umi X2
    ■OS: Android 4.1.JellyBean
    ■SoC: MediaTek MT6589
    ■Processor: 1.2 GHz Cortex A7
    ■GPU: PowerVR SGX544
    ■RAM: 2 GB
    ■Display: 5 inch Capacitive touch screen, 1080×1920 pixels resolution, 441 ppi, Multi-touch input
    ■Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, ambient light, Magnetometer
    ■LTE Speed: No
    ■3G Speed: Yes, HSPA+ speed up to 42 Mbps
    ■GPRS/EDGE:Yes, Class 12
    ■Connectivity: Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi, micro USB
    ■Camera: 13 MP rear with AF, LED flash, 1080p full HD video recording
    ■Secondary Camera: Yes, 1.9 MP with HD video recording
    ■Audio System: Dolby Mobile Sound
    ■SIM Card Support: Micro SIM
    ■Battery: 2500 mAh battery Li-Po
    ■Memory: 32 GB on board storage, no micro SD card slot
    ■Navigation: A-GPS support with Google Maps, GLONASS
    ■Document Viewer: Yes
    ■Social: Facebook, Twitter
    ■Messenger: IM, GTalk, YM
    ■Browser: HTML5
    ■Dimension: 8.9 mm thickness
    ■Weight:
    ■Colors: White,Grey

:good:
    The link for new ROM

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=445019748&uk=621170261

Password kko6

Installation via CWM

Envoyé depuis mon UMI X2 avec Tapatalk 4
    Ordered mine, it can take a couple weeks before I have it, but im planning to develop on it.
    Cyanogenmod won't be possible as mediatek does no give free their kernel sources, but an optimized stock rom is the least I can do.
    sorry one last question is rom rooted bro:fingers-crossed:

Yeah it's rooted =) it's always rooted. haha...A lot less chinese apps from what i see. But it still doesn't fix the gps issue. Just follow the standard gps fixing method by using mobile uncle tools. Although the camera's supposed to be improved. Don't really see much difference to be honest. Was expecting them to fix the focus. Starting to feel this is a hardware shortcoming instead of drivers.
    Waiting for this one, seriously I am!