Umidigi A3 Pro - TWRP & Stock Rom

kd7eir

Dec 16, 2010
I think I bricked my A3 non Pro. I firmware upgraded the light rom with sp flash toot and it said ok.
Now screen stays black volume up + power doesn't work.

Most likely you can recover from this.

Post #6 clearly states "I use umidigi A3. Will it work for me Absolutely not. This thread is reserved exclusively to the Umidigi A3 Pro"

So, why would you flash it to your NON PRO?

The good news is that you can get a stock NON PRO Rom and probably flash that and get your phone back.

https://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=17572

Cleopatra Bianchi

Mar 9, 2016
Milan
answer

I think I bricked my A3 non Pro. I firmware upgraded the light rom with sp flash toot and it said ok.
Now screen stays black volume up + power doesn't work.
I shall never tire of repeating : This thread is reserved exclusively to the Umidigi A3 Pro !

I suggest you to download the stock firmware (for Umidigi A3) from the Umidigi official site.
Then, to flash it by SP Flash Tool (use "Firmware Upgrade" option onto SP Flash Tool.

BlackX777

Aug 17, 2011
I shall never tire of repeating : This thread is reserved exclusively to the Umidigi A3 Pro !

I suggest you to download the stock firmware (for Umidigi A3) from the Umidigi official site.
Then, to flash it by SP Flash Tool (use "Firmware Upgrade" option onto SP Flash Tool.
Flashed the the newest stock firmware all ok again thx
there is also a root guide thats all i wanted :cyclops:

Reactions: kozmo2k4

max270

Jan 15, 2008
Need help! By tragic accident my NVRAM has been damaged and the backup has been damaged too.Now my A3 Pro can't see cellular network. By *#06# it shows nothing . Extremely need donor's NVRAM .

Cleopatra Bianchi

Mar 9, 2016
Milan
answer

Need help! By tragic accident my NVRAM has been damaged and the backup has been damaged too.Now my A3 Pro can't see cellular network. By *#06# it shows nothing . Extremely need donor's NVRAM .
STEPS :

1) Onto dial menù type the next sequence : *#*#3646633#*#*
2) Onto Telephony tab scroll down until GPRS
3) Tap on GPRS
4) Write your two IMEIs onto SIM1 & SIM2
5) Reboot the phone

Last edited:

Cleopatra Bianchi

Mar 9, 2016
Milan
answer

Oh I already did it. The answer is "fail to write imei due to radio unavailable or something else"
I still need NVRAM
Try the next solution - ROOT REQUIRED

STEPS :

1) Download/install "Terminal emulator for Android" by Jack Palevich.
2) Tap on "Terminal emulator for Android" apk.
3) Type su (and tap Enter).
4) Type the next command :

echo 'AT +EGMR=1,7, "IMEI_1" ' >/dev/radio/pttycmd1 (and tap Enter)

NOTE : replace IMEI_1 with your first IMEI

5) Type the next command :

echo 'AT +EGMR=1,10, "IMEI_2" ' >/dev/radio/pttycmd1 (and tap Enter)

NOTE : replace IMEI_2 with your second IMEI

6) Reboot the phone.

max270

Jan 15, 2008
Done but still nothing.After it trying add IMEI again through GPRS and still "fail to write imei due to radio unavailable or something else".

Please guys.Give me NVRAM.

Just replaced NVRAM (have backup) through TWRP to another NVRAM from A3 phone. MAC has been changed.
Bluetooth don't changed. IMEI still not shows.

Tried change IMEI via terminal.Device rooted.But answer was Permission denied.

Last edited:

Cleopatra Bianchi

Mar 9, 2016
Milan
answer

Done but still nothing.After it trying add IMEI again through GPRS and still "fail to write imei due to radio unavailable or something else".

Please guys.Give me NVRAM.

Just replaced NVRAM (have backup) through TWRP to another NVRAM from A3 phone. MAC has been changed.
Bluetooth don't changed. IMEI still not shows.

Tried change IMEI via terminal.Device rooted.But answer was Permission denied.
Try "Cryptotel Chamelephon" apk - ROOT REQUIRED

Little info : this apk has been removed from the store.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/roiukdxq5zl9tuz/Cry_IMEI.zip/file

IMPORTANT : After changing the IMEIs, reboot the phone.

max270

Jan 15, 2008

Little info : this apk has been removed from the store.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/roiukdxq5zl9tuz/Cry_IMEI.zip/file

IMPORTANT : After changing the IMEIs, reboot the phone.

Did it yesterday and today.Now trying rewrite IMEI by SN_Writer tools.I think best way re-place NVRAM via flash tools..
I don't know maybe it important-when phone just rebooted and loaded android I see inscription Simprocessor.After a couple sec it disappear.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Hooray! I did it. I replaced NVRAM and NVDATA.Both partitions has been backup via TWRP from A3 Android treble_arm64_agN-userdebug_9_PQ1A190105004. After replace the partitions IMEI has been changed and I return it back via termianl. My IMEI now not changed back after reboot. For first look all works correct.

Last edited:

s80_gad

Jan 31, 2019
Few more questions

Greetings to everyone and especially to Cleopatra Bianchi for providing us with that great tutorial!

I hope Cleopatra Bianchi won't mind couple of additional questions.

1. First of all, I have just received my A3 Pro (haven't started it yet) and I want to make a proper full backup of the phone with SP Flash Tool. Can you advise me what version of SP Flash Tool to use and what is the best way to do it (I'll appreciate a guide with couple of images in it, if possible)?
I have used SP Flash Tool before but just don't want to mess up the device as it might be different.

2. I very much like the idea of the Umidigi A3 Pro V1.2 LIGHT version (Thanks for that as well Cleopatra Bianchi )
May I ask if you can point what has been removed or at least the main difference?

3. You are saying that we can flash directly the Light version? Can you advise which steps we have to follow first from the original post in order to root the phone first?

Thanks a lot for all the replies. I appreciate all that has been posted in the thread and XDA so far!
Regards

Again, I am sorry if the questions are too much - I have done it previously but I am not familiar with that specific phone so just want to get it right, I hope you'll understand

Reactions: Kylesvet

Cleopatra Bianchi

Mar 9, 2016
Milan
answer

thanks :good::good: but is there any chance to get gcam for a3 pro?
After numerous failed attempts (with original and modded versions of gcam),
I was able to find three different gcam versions that work well onto A3 pro.

I have placed the three gcam apps inside the following rar :
https://mega.nz/#!ap9SSQZB!Qrtx1uuoXsAAwmFKunmKPv42lMJS2bgwmY5SvUn2acA

I have tested all three apps onto Umidigi A3 Pro V1.2 LIGHT version.
Feel free to install the one that you want.
In my view, the gcam 3.2 apk could be the best.

The phone does not require the "Camera2API enabler" or "persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1".

Cleopatra Bianchi

Mar 9, 2016
Milan
answer

@Cleopatra Bianchi : Would you care to point out the differences between the phones, please?
Thank you.
I do not own that phone (A3_Pro_N_V1.1_20190103).
Then, I can not run any test on it.

I can deduct the differences between the "old A3 Pro" and the "new A3 Pro" from the screenshots.
The largest difference is the size of the ROM : 16GB (instead in the "old A3 Pro" the ROM is 32GB).
But I am pretty certain that there are other differences.

The story :
Yesterday an owner of the "new A3 Pro" contacted me.
He told me that his phone has a 2019 firmware.
That is what made me suspicious.
It is because there is no 2019 stock rom onto Umidigi official website.
I checked the OTA update, but there was no 2019 update.
He sent me two screenshots of his phone (you can see them).
I have noticed the differences (ROM size and the letter "N").
I recommended him to do not make any modifications onto his A3_Pro_N_V1.1_20190103.

After publishing my post (warning-post) on XDA,
a Russian guy tried to flash my Light rom onto his A3_Pro_N_V1.1_20190103.
He bricked his phone (you can see it on 4pda - post number 220).
It is the proof that my suspects were justified.

Oleg Petrovich

Apr 21, 2013
"N" firmware

We, on 4PDA posted the firmware from the "N" from UMIDIGI A3, can compare.
I can't insert a link to the message with the firmware. On 4pda.ru the topic of firmware Umidigi A3. In the cap threads there is a link.
There, a few posts below I have described the differences between the firmwares.

Reactions: kozmo2k4

Cleopatra Bianchi

Mar 9, 2016
Milan
answer

We, on 4PDA posted the firmware from the "N" from UMIDIGI A3, can compare.
I can't insert a link to the message with the firmware. On 4pda.ru the topic of firmware Umidigi A3. In the cap threads there is a link.
There, a few posts below I have described the differences between the firmwares.
Dear Oleg Petrovich,

I appreciate your post.

But you are talking about the "N" firmware (UMIDIGI_A3_N_V1.0_20181222) for Umidigi A3.

Instead, I am talking about the "N" firmware (UMIDIGI_A3_Pro_N_V1.1_20190103) for Umidigi A3 Pro.

Please be careful to do not confuse the two different phones.
Someone already tried to flash an A3 Pro firmware onto an A3 phone.
The result has been a bricked phone.

Yesterday I have written to Umidigi forum to ask them the UMIDIGI_A3_Pro_N_V1.1_20190103 firmware.

:)

Slwtch

Nov 27, 2018
...Please be careful to do not confuse the two different phones....
Official firmware from A3 Pro is perfectly installed on A3. But then the essence of the debate is that on phones the new revision (with the letter "N") you can't put the firmware of phones an old version. But on the contrary can be installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oleg Petrovich