UMIDIGI F1 Play

BZ0RG

Jan 28, 2018
Can some one post a different link (other than umidigi) to stock firmware? it is taking more than 2 days to downlod.
I think their firmwares are hosted on mediafire too.
Anyway, you did not specify which version (I guess last fw) nor which model (EU or International).

PrasadD

Mar 9, 2016
I think their firmwares are hosted on mediafire too.
Anyway, you did not specify which version (I guess last fw) nor which model (EU or International).
Yes. All the links point to mediafire.
Anyways - the speed increased later and able to download and restore phone.
Thanks for ur time.

d1876j

Jul 2, 2018
Hi, again I used spflash tool to upgrade to a factory install.
Unfortunately this time I lost imei and Google certificate. I had to rectify with write tool on umidigi Web site.
I then unlocked, magisk etc.
I have to report; camera now excellent, battery life still the same, WiFi still same. All in all very satisfied.
Sorry if not same for everyone.
How did you restore the imei

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

All the sensors stopped working tried firmware upgrade with so flash tool seems like the only choice I have is to format and upgrade but don't know how the restore the imei

carl.13

Mar 17, 2007
Hi I restored IMEI with tool. from Umidgi forum. Follow the instructions; they are a little difficult to explain here.
I now run Havoc 3.5 os, all good.
Obviously you will need your correct numbers. The box sticker is a good bet.

Last edited:

d1876j

Jul 2, 2018
Hi I restored IMEI with tool. from Umidgi forum. Follow the instructions; they are a little difficult to explain here.
I now run Havoc 3.5 os, all good.
Obviously you will need your correct numbers. The box sticker is a good bet.
Was running crdroid then i realize all sensors stopped working only fingerprint works,did fresh install of stock didn't help was looking at the instructions to restore the imei i need a video tutorial

IvI97

Nov 26, 2017
hey guys i have a problem i can't find any working solutions for.. i resetted my f1 play and installed latest stock rom via flash tools last night and now i'm getting stuck at the google assistant after setting up wlan every time.
searching for updates shows up and won't finish
tried setting it up without wlan and adding a google account after but then i'm getting stuck at checking data and it also just loops endlessly
i can't set up my phone at all cause i can't use play store
also tried updating to the latest play services via apk but it won't let me install any version higher than the one the stock rom came with
please help

BZ0RG

Jan 28, 2018
hey guys i have a problem i can't find any working solutions for.. i resetted my f1 play and installed latest stock rom via flash tools last night and now i'm getting stuck at the google assistant after setting up wlan every time.
searching for updates shows up and won't finish
tried setting it up without wlan and adding a google account after but then i'm getting stuck at checking data and it also just loops endlessly
i can't set up my phone at all cause i can't use play store
also tried updating to the latest play services via apk but it won't let me install any version higher than the one the stock rom came with
please help
First question is did you download correct stock version between EU and international? (EU has double circle home button)

IvI97

Nov 26, 2017
First question is did you download correct stock version between EU and international? (EU has double circle home button)
Yep, tried different updates, all EU, and the eragon ROM, problem the same everytime
Also unlocked and rooted and reflashed gapps but that didn't help either

xzion

Dec 20, 2007
Welp, I've really liked this phone for the 6 months I've had it, but it appears to have cooked itself today. Was using it just web browsing today and it froze up (screen was still animating but other than that completely unresponsive). Held down the power button as you do, turned it back on entered pin and it sat on "android is starting" for about 10 minutes. Force powered off again and rebooted, same thing but I left it on "android is starting" for a good hour and still nothing. Turned it off again, this time no more boot. Black screen, zero signs of life. No combination of buttons will make it do anything. Bought it home, sat it on the charger for a few hours and did all the googling.

- I've got the SP flash tool and 2019090319 rom.
- I installed the Mediatek SP drivers 20160804
- When I hold down power for >10s and then release (not connected to the PC) and then I connect it, Device manager sees "MediaTek USB Port (COM#)". But when it's like this it connects, and then disconnects after 2seconds or so, over and over in some kind of loop.
- I have tried to use the SP flash tool with it like this (tried download only and firmware upgrade mode, same result), the tool appears to recognise the device and attempts to start sending data (and the phone stops disconnecting/looping) but in a second it gets to a red bar with "Download DA 100%" and hangs there for about 2 minutes, then gives me the error STATUS_PROTOCOL_ERR (0xC0010005).
- I've tried different cables, different ports and a second computer with the same result.
- If I hold down the volume down button while I connect it and keep it help down, it consistently shows up on the computer as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" and does not do the on/off cycling.
- When I release volume down and hold power for ~10s and release it goes back to being the "MediaTek USB Port" and does the on/off cycling again.

I'd love to get this thing working again but I'm at a loss. The only thing I haven't tried is the "Format All + Download" option in SP flash (cause every site says not to). I do have the box with the IMEI's on it for what it's worth though, so I'll probably see if that does anything as a last resort.

If anyone has any ideas on how I might be able to recover this I'm all ears.

InTheY2K

Oct 20, 2017
Tønder
hundebetten.shop
Gave it a go with the sims out, no change =[
Hm, too bad. Oh well...

How long have you waited the longest after shutting it off before booting it up again? WIth my old Samsung Galaxy S4 I would have to wait a few hours when I had a similar problem once. Seemed like some status was still stored in some capacitor or something. Again, it's a wild guess. I am just as clueless. :( It wouldn't occur to me how the phone would seize to work from one minute to the next, unless Umidigi made it this way, so that people are forced to buy a new phone.

spider876

May 16, 2019
Front camera not working

So I was using my phone and I went to take a selfie, the camera kinda just mirrored and now I cant use my selfie camera and its getting lowkey frusterating, any solutions?

BZ0RG

Jan 28, 2018
So I was using my phone and I went to take a selfie, the camera kinda just mirrored and now I cant use my selfie camera and its getting lowkey frusterating, any solutions?
Have you tried with a different camera app to see if this is the software or the hardware which is having an issue?
You can try with open camera for example.

spider876

May 16, 2019
Have you tried with a different camera app to see if this is the software or the hardware which is having an issue?
You can try with open camera for example.
Yes it's the same with all camera apps, noticed a few other users had the same issue, not sure how they fixed it though...

Last edited:
Reactions: diegobenti