UMIDIGI F1 Play

diegobenti

Jan 25, 2013
Must be Tapatalk. I uploaded it twice but it seems to fail. The text in that page you posted is a thin column of only one letter each. It's unreadable on my F1.

Gesendet von meinem F1 mit Tapatalk
haha it is true, I had not tried it from the cell phone, from the computer it looks good. but only one letter on the cell phone. haha

diegobenti

Jan 25, 2013
Hi. I have 2 questions:
1) this phone will be updated officially to android 10?
2) there is a modded kernel?
if there is an android 10 option, at http://theupgradeguide.com/2020/02/...digi-f1-play-aosp-gsi-treble-rom-how-to-guide /, but not tested

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

in forum https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+umidigi

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

if there is an android 10 option, at http://theupgradeguide.com/2020/02/...digi-f1-play-aosp-gsi-treble-rom-how-to-guide /, but not tested

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

in forum https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+umidigi
this version can also be installed ------> https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...lopment/gsi-lineageos-17-0-gsi-archs-t4004673
Just try

d1876j

Jul 2, 2018
Hi I restored IMEI with tool. from Umidgi forum. Follow the instructions; they are a little difficult to explain here.
I now run Havoc 3.5 os, all good.
Obviously you will need your correct numbers. The box sticker is a good bet.
How did you get rid of the red text

Barkuti

Jul 22, 2006
Alhama de Murcia
Nicely priced device!

Hello! :cowboy:
Recently a friend of mine inquired me concerning some new smartphone, he is still using an Umi Iron and asked me about the same brand again and bla-bla-bla…
This F1 Play looks “nice enough” given the current smartphone format situation (I'll reserve my opinion :p on screen aspect ratios for now). It also uses a non-AMOLED display. :good:
I just have a very quick question for which I think I already know the answer, I've seen “EU versions” of this smartphone for sale in AliExpress, but that isn't related to any actual hardware difference in the smartphone, it just is the included charging brick, isn't it? :confused:
Nice to see there is an AOSP ROM available for it. :fingers-crossed:
Have a good one, lads and lasses. :)

InTheY2K

Oct 20, 2017
Tønder
hundebetten.shop
, I've seen “EU versions” of this smartphone for sale in AliExpress, but that isn't related to any actual hardware difference in the smartphone, it just is the included charging brick, isn't it?
I guess so, yes. And the ROM is slightly different, probably to suit different radio bands in Europe.

But be aware that there haven't been any updates since a year ago. The device is not supported anymore by Umidigi. They sacrifice their models to new ones after less than a year, most likely due to the lack of personnel to maintain the software. A shame, really, as the hardware is fairly good. I have mine for one and a half years now and it's still running great. Also the battery.

Gesendet von meinem F1 mit Tapatalk

Barkuti

Jul 22, 2006
Alhama de Murcia

But be aware that there haven't been any updates since a year ago. The device is not supported anymore by Umidigi. They sacrifice their models to new ones after less than a year, most likely due to the lack of personnel to maintain the software. …
No worries. I don't care about official updates or any official software. They don't provide me with freedom. My devices are rooted no matter what, and I also prefer AOSP ROMs.
Oh! The UMIDIGI isn't going to my pocket, but guess I wouldn't be recommending something unless it follows my credo.
I also give my devices a long lifespan. I am still using a Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro, still with :p AOSP Extended 5.7. What I said about updates, when something is good and works why change it?
I'm on the second battery of this device, changed it myself a few months ago. I may still update its ROM, but concerning the AMOLED display… :mad: What the hell is this @#$%? My screen has burn-ins, namely from the keyboard. I had heard that somewhere, and couldn't give credit to it being so bad but it is.
Moral: AMOLED down the drain, never ever again as it is! :crying: It's a lot worse than good old CRTs (I never had a burn-in in a CRT, in fact). :rolleyes:

Cheers people

juggalofr33k

Jan 28, 2010
St. Louis
Any GSI can be installed if it is the correct arch (arm64 A/B).
Of course some drawbacks: no charge when turned off, no volte, stability, other...
What about an Android 11 GSI? I;m running HavocOS (08-21-2020) and it runs decently well, and have TRIED to install 11 but have been unsuccessful... I am on Android 11 on my Pixel and would like for them both to be somewhat consistent...lol

stw500

Dec 20, 2012
The custom Rom Eragon stayed unfortunately at version 1.0 for a long time now. Are there any other and newer custom roms which works as good as Eragon? A change of the rom should not lead to errors and not working features. Does anyone have a recommendation?