UMIDIGI F1 Play

BZ0RG

Jan 28, 2018
The custom Rom Eragon stayed unfortunately at version 1.0 for a long time now. Are there any other and newer custom roms which works as good as Eragon? A change of the rom should not lead to errors and not working features. Does anyone have a recommendation?
This is because it is based on umidigi firmware and they do not provide any major update for their devices.
You can use any ARM64 A/B GSI but charging when phone is turned off do not work, also many users reported lower signal strength...

TipTopHiatus

Sep 3, 2019
Toronto
Hey. I just ordered my F1 Play earlier today, and I'm really looking forward to it considering its price, Specs, and Reviews. Just wanted to know one thing for sure, as I couldn't find a definitive answer: Is this Phone water-proof? It'd be great if it was, but it shouldn't be too big a deal if it isn't. A Response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

txenglan

Sep 26, 2017
Hey. I just ordered my F1 Play earlier today, and I'm really looking forward to it considering its price, Specs, and Reviews. Just wanted to know one thing for sure, as I couldn't find a definitive answer: Is this Phone water-proof? It'd be great if it was, but it shouldn't be too big a deal if it isn't. A Response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.

It's never been advertised as being waterproof (or even water-resistant) and I strongly believe it isn't.

Gesendet von meinem F1 mit Tapatalk
I can confirm first hand it's neither. I got an infinitesimal amount of water inside that phone somehow by cleaning it with a damp cloth. Ended up with "streaks" (looks like scratches inside the screen) near the bottom of the screen that are minor but enough to be annoying. I recommend being very careful with the F1 Play around any liquid.

TipTopHiatus

Sep 3, 2019
Toronto
I can confirm first hand it's neither. I got an infinitesimal amount of water inside that phone somehow by cleaning it with a damp cloth. Ended up with "streaks" (looks like scratches inside the screen) near the bottom of the screen that are minor but enough to be annoying. I recommend being very careful with the F1 Play around any liquid.
Thanks for the reply. Do these marks disappear, or are they there for good? I tend to squeeze the Cloth just enough to keep it wet, but would that be too much water?

txenglan

Sep 26, 2017
Thanks for the reply. Do these marks disappear, or are they there for good? I tend to squeeze the Cloth just enough to keep it wet, but would that be too much water?
The marks ended up being permanent. I was really surprised how easily it happened. I only squeezed the cloth enough to keep the phone sorry slightly damp and that's all it took.

TipTopHiatus

Sep 3, 2019
Toronto
The marks ended up being permanent. I was really surprised how easily it happened. I only squeezed the cloth enough to keep the phone sorry slightly damp and that's all it took.
Shoot. I'll watch out for that, then. It shipped a Day ago. Even if it's not Waterproof, I'm still looking forward to this. Hopefully: it'll come soon. Thanks for the replies and Info. I appreciate it. Have a wonderful Day.

KericKos

Apr 9, 2020
Camera2api

Have anyone of you succesfully unlocked the camera2api for taking videos? Im with Havoc Os 3.8 Android 10, I´ve tried a lot of things without achieving nothing :crying:

Blukeyz60

Sep 26, 2017
I installed pixel experience 3/24 a/b gsi build last night and have been using it today with great success. The camera app with the rom doesn't work right though. I rooted the phone with magisk and enabled camera 2api then downloaded gcam from the play store. It works fine. None of the issues I had with Bliss Rom.
Where is this rom located

TipTopHiatus

Sep 3, 2019
Toronto
Does anybody know if LineageOS 17.1 works well on the Umidigi F1 Play? I've been using stock for a while, and it's fine and all, but I want to get back into rooting and things of the like. My favorite thing to do with a phone is find a good custom ROM to stick with for a while before I try to broaden my horizons again. So: Is Lineage 17.1 any good on this phone? Or is there a more stable/faster ROM out there? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

InTheY2K

Oct 20, 2017
Tønder
hundebetten.shop
Does anyone else have trouble updating Magisk from 20.4 to 21.4?

20.4 just won't go away. It's driving me nuts!

If I install it from Magisk Manager and reboot, it's still 20.4. But here comes the weird part:

When I update to 21.4 with Magisk Manager TWICE, and then reboot, it shows 21.4 as current version. HOWEVER, the phone then does not recognize the SIM anymore. When I reboot again, the SIM is recognized, but Magisk is once again back to 20.4. This is reproducible. I tried this three times now, and it always turned out the same way.

I don't get it. Why would that be?