Umx u673c root?

Search This thread

expon1930

Feb 18, 2015
Kingoroot will get to 100 but fail, kingroot pc version would just give me Chinese letters and do nothing.

Can anyone list anyother root exploits I might I can try on this phone? I tried the Android version of kingroot , but that just gives me the request device and I can't bypass it.

derwoodbones

Dec 10, 2013
Awesome! SO is it possible to get more detailed instructions. It's been a few years since i've dont this stuff. My old brain's memory isn't so good.

Some instructions would be nice, Does not work I can get boot.img to install but it will only boot into stock recovery

Last edited:

tdawgg777

Oct 4, 2011
In developer options click allow OEM unlocking then boot to fastboot mode and use fastboot to unlock bootloader and flash the rooted kernel.
Rename file to boot.img
Unlock bootloader: fastboot oem unlock
Flash kernel: fastboot flash boot boot.img
twrp is not included...

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Here is the twrp that I used and so far seems to work fine.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78089109&postcount=283

Thank Rortiz2 for building it.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

If you are having trouble booting system after installing twrp try wiping data and cache.
The no verity zip should not be needed since kernel was patched with magisk... but if still Having issues booting system try flashing the no verity zip... you can search for it here on xda

derwoodbones

Dec 10, 2013
Thank you !

I just wanted to thank you, I am disabled and dont have alot of income, This phone is my lefeline, I now have it rooted running Magisk 18.0 and TWRP is installed and seems to be working fine, However I would like to ask this. There is an pain in the ass app that seems to be part of the last firmware update this phone had, ( io.appservice.module ) ( Found in data/appi.service.module-1/base.apk

This Kunt sorry for the language, If you uninstall it it is back with every reboot ?
I can disable it to solve the problem but I would like it gone, Any thoughts ?

petiolarissean

Oct 19, 2013
does anyone have twrp backup or copy firmware.I wipe internel by accident cant flash u673c no os,thanks sean

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

does anyone have backup or copy firmware u673c cause screwed up wiped internel memory,sean

tdawgg777

Oct 4, 2011
I just wanted to thank you, I am disabled and dont have alot of income, This phone is my lefeline, I now have it rooted running Magisk 18.0 and TWRP is installed and seems to be working fine, However I would like to ask this. There is an pain in the ass app that seems to be part of the last firmware update this phone had, ( io.appservice.module ) ( Found in data/appi.service.module-1/base.apk

This Kunt sorry for the language, If you uninstall it it is back with every reboot ?
I can disable it to solve the problem but I would like it gone, Any thoughts ?

I would just disable the app... just in case there is an update for the phone in future... if you remove the app the update will fail but if its disabled you can just enable it take update and then disable it again... also disable the stock gallery and install a third party one from the playstore... the stock gallery app will through all sorts of ads at you full screen ads as well.

I used titainium backup to disable all apps I didn't want... bit you can use what ever app you want. You can disable most apps in the apps info but not all apps.

I just use the phone as a backup and don't know where it is right now but when I come accross it I'll post all the apps I disabled here.

smuskat

Jan 13, 2011
Thanks for the info!
In your post, you wrote, "then boot to fastboot mode".
Kindly explain how that is done on this phone. After spending hours, I can't figure it out.
Thanks again!

In developer options click allow OEM unlocking then boot to fastboot mode and use fastboot to unlock bootloader and flash the rooted kernel.
Rename file to boot.img
Unlock bootloader: fastboot oem unlock
Flash kernel: fastboot flash boot boot.img
twrp is not included...

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Here is the twrp that I used and so far seems to work fine.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78089109&postcount=283

Thank Rortiz2 for building it.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

If you are having trouble booting system after installing twrp try wiping data and cache.
The no verity zip should not be needed since kernel was patched with magisk... but if still Having issues booting system try flashing the no verity zip... you can search for it here on xda

tdawgg777

Oct 4, 2011
Thanks for the info!
In your post, you wrote, "then boot to fastboot mode".
Kindly explain how that is done on this phone. After spending hours, I can't figure it out.
Thanks again!

I'm sorry I can remember the button combo... From phone off press and hold vol down and power release power and keep holding vol down... I think fast boot mode is an all black screen or it just has umx logo, can't remember exactly... when you have a fast hooky cmd window open type fastboot devices to see if your phone is connected... if it is not try holding vol up instead of vol down when turning phone on... if vol up don't work try holding both vol buttons. Before this can be done make sure usb debugging is enabled in developer options and authorize your pc when prompted... alternately after you have adb authorized you could use adb cmd "adb reboot bootloader"

If you ned help with adb/fastboot do a quick google search you will find plenty of info and instructions

smuskat

Jan 13, 2011
I appreciate your reply.
But I need some more assistance, please:
I've rooted many devices, flashed custom ROM's, Custom recoveries, etc, but I'm completely stuck now with this phone.
I tried "Power and Vol Down"....nothing.
I tried "Power and Vol Up"...and for a split second I see the Android robot on its back...but after that split second, I'm in the stock recovery menu.
One of the stock recovery menu choices is to reboot into Bootloader. When I try that, the phone reboots; but to the best of my knowledge, does not get into Bootloader mode.
I have installed ADB on my PC. When I type "ADB devices", I see my phone listed. But when I type "adb reboot bootloader", it reboots, but not into Bootloader.
I have USB debugging enabled, I have authorized my PC, and in Developer options, I have enabled the "Unlock Bootloader" option.
My Googling results have not yielded useful info.
I'm stuck.....
I hope that someone with experience with this particular device can please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Thank you!

I'm sorry I can remember the button combo... From phone off press and hold vol down and power release power and keep holding vol down... I think fast boot mode is an all black screen or it just has umx logo, can't remember exactly... when you have a fast hooky cmd window open type fastboot devices to see if your phone is connected... if it is not try holding vol up instead of vol down when turning phone on... if vol up don't work try holding both vol buttons. Before this can be done make sure usb debugging is enabled in developer options and authorize your pc when prompted... alternately after you have adb authorized you could use adb cmd "adb reboot bootloader"

If you ned help with adb/fastboot do a quick google search you will find plenty of info and instructions

Jan 6, 2019
hope it helps

for me command "Fastboot Continue" would make it continue to load, it did take a while....
if it continues the loop then something went wrong. as i got the infinite bootscreen 1st try.
i just reinstalled the boot image a 2nd time and it worked here's the CRC-32 Hash "a483081b"

smuskat

Jan 13, 2011
Not sure what you mean. You wrote " command "Fastboot Continue" would make it continue to load" Do you mean from the PC command prompt? Do you mean from the phone's recovery menu?
You also wrote " i got the infinite bootscreen 1st try"
I don't know what you mean by "infinite bootscreen"......
Sorry I'm having trouble....ty!

for me command "Fastboot Continue" would make it continue to load, it did take a while....
if it continues the loop then something went wrong. as i got the infinite bootscreen 1st try.
i just reinstalled the boot image a 2nd time and it worked here's the CRC-32 Hash "a483081b"

Jan 6, 2019
More Info

Not sure what you mean. You wrote " command "Fastboot Continue" would make it continue to load" Do you mean from the PC command prompt? Do you mean from the phone's recovery menu?
You also wrote " i got the infinite bootscreen 1st try"
I don't know what you mean by "infinite bootscreen"......
Sorry I'm having trouble....ty!

Sent ya PM
Smuskat

Hope That Helps.
I Got Magisk, Xposed & Even A Custom Bootscreen With Sound on Mine.

smuskat

Jan 13, 2011
Okay. Got it all done, mostly thanks to Liberator Elite. And just so that no one else should ever be as stuck as I was, please allow me to clarify what actually worked:
I kept on attempting to put the phone into Fastboot mode or Bootloader mode. I could enter the stock recovery, choose to boot into Bootloader, but it wasn't working--or so I thought. All I would see upon reboot was a screen that was black, with the words "UMX" (Ultimate Mobile Xperience??? or whatever...)
However, Liberator Elite called to my attention that that screen WAS THE BOOTLOADER screen. I typed "Fastboot Devices" from the command prompt, and there was my phone! I then was able to flash over the boot.img file, and the TWRP posted here, and from TWRP, I was able to install Magisk.
For some of you, this is all simple--thanks for not laughing. :)

And to the entire community, thanks for being such a great resource! All done--thanks to you guys. Much appreciated!!!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone