Umx u673c root?

Search This thread

mattisf

Jan 3, 2015
[edit 1/29/192 pm: OK, this was fixed but not sure how. I just kept reflashing the rooted boot.img and playing with oem lock/unlock-go and suddenly the UMX logo screen gave way to the provider splash screen and it just continued. I made sure not to take the magisk update this time...]

Gentlepersons, I flashed the boot.img and twrp.img that I grateful to you for having posted here - thanks But then I ran the magisk app which pushed an update. I took the update and now I am stuck in the bootloader. I can connect with fastboot and have erased userdata and cache, but nothing has helped. When I relock with flashbbot oem lock (or later run oem unlock-go) and reboot, the twrp screen displays for a few seconds but is unresponsive and is replaced in 2 seconds by the bootloader screen. I see on XDA that other phones have also been having problems with the magisk update. I would be grateful for any insight or perhaps if any has the stock rom to reflash? Thanks.

Last edited:

Lieuallen

Feb 8, 2019
Instructions

This thread has been extremely helpful. For me, the only missing piece was:

to install the rooted image, use "fastboot flash boot root_boot.img" (you will need to specify the location of the .img file -- c:\temp\root_boot.img, for example)

to install TWRP, use "fastboot flash recovery c:\temp\twrp.img" (this will install the TWRP image into the recovery partition; this allows you to boot normally, but access TWRP by booting in recovery mode [Vol Up + Power])

Thanks to all for your help.

timba123

Feb 10, 2015
Baltimore
I have magisk. I flashed twrp and when I try to boot recovery it bootloops but if I take out battery and turn on phone it boots os fine. When I open magisk it just gets stuck on the magisk mask screen. Can't open all the way or something.

mark5150

Mar 7, 2014
Quick question I've done all above still wont work with fasboot commands not found. I can load bootloader fastboot other commands will not work?? Android 8.1.0 software U683CL_01.01.03 1522848. Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated. Ty..Now time to run hurricane headed my way..

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

This thread has been extremely helpful. For me, the only missing piece was:

to install the rooted image, use "fastboot flash boot root_boot.img" (you will need to specify the location of the .img file -- c:\temp\root_boot.img, for example)

to install TWRP, use "fastboot flash recovery c:\temp\twrp.img" (this will install the TWRP image into the recovery partition; this allows you to boot normally, but access TWRP by booting in recovery mode [Vol Up + Power])

Thanks to all for your help.

I'm getting command unknown not found however will boot bootloader...Confused

mark5150

Mar 7, 2014
Did they make this where you can not root anymore? Bootloader unlocked oem greyed out, fastboot detects device and will reboot bootloader after that command works however the write fails any suggestions. I'm sorry I know I'm late to the party and I have been digging on the net for days now with no luck... Thanks again in advance i would really appreciate any help at all.. Happy Rooting....... Im running Android 8.1.0

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Okay. Got it all done, mostly thanks to Liberator Elite. And just so that no one else should ever be as stuck as I was, please allow me to clarify what actually worked:
I kept on attempting to put the phone into Fastboot mode or Bootloader mode. I could enter the stock recovery, choose to boot into Bootloader, but it wasn't working--or so I thought. All I would see upon reboot was a screen that was black, with the words "UMX" (Ultimate Mobile Xperience??? or whatever...)
However, Liberator Elite called to my attention that that screen WAS THE BOOTLOADER screen. I typed "Fastboot Devices" from the command prompt, and there was my phone! I then was able to flash over the boot.img file, and the TWRP posted here, and from TWRP, I was able to install Magisk.
For some of you, this is all simple--thanks for not laughing. :)

And to the entire community, thanks for being such a great resource! All done--thanks to you guys. Much appreciated!!!

I know Im late to the party what version of android was that? Im running 8.1.0 cant seem to get this to write to disc fails? Any suggestions Im bound and determined to root this phone one way or another thanks......

Last edited:

davidseven

Dec 4, 2019
What root allows.

I just wanted to thank you, I am disabled and dont have alot of income, This phone is my lefeline, I now have it rooted running Magisk 18.0 and TWRP is installed and seems to be working fine, However I would like to ask this. There is an pain in the ass app that seems to be part of the last firmware update this phone had, ( io.appservice.module ) ( Found in data/appi.service.module-1/base.apk

This -unt sorry for the language, If you uninstall it it is back with every reboot ?
I can disable it to solve the problem but I would like it gone, Any thoughts ?

It's your lifeline. Don't risk your lifeline.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone