UMX U693CL Assurant Wireless

Search This thread
Nov 10, 2012
Morganton
So I know there are root tutorials and utilities for the UMX U673c and the UMX U683CL, but does anyone have a tutorial or a way to root the UMX U693CL? I already have dev console activated, usb debugging on, and oddly weird...under the OEM Unlock option, its greyed out and it states the bootloader is already unlocked. Should I believe that or could it just be still locked and reporting that its unlocked if it's a proprietary bootloader? Any help appreciated. :)

Reactions: guero.lurias

Lostboy1111

May 2, 2020
Assurance?? Wireless

I'm pretty much in the same boat. And have you noticed whatever you look up on UMX os conveniently a 401 or some site doesn't exist message? I did find out that malware byte totally busted them on having government installed malware which they partially admitted to. Get malware premium and that helps with attitude this damn phone has.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
So I know there are root tutorials and utilities for the UMX U673c and the UMX U683CL, but does anyone have a tutorial or a way to root the UMX U693CL? I already have dev console activated, usb debugging on, and oddly weird...under the OEM Unlock option, its greyed out and it states the bootloader is already unlocked. Should I believe that or could it just be still locked and reporting that its unlocked if it's a proprietary bootloader? Any help appreciated. :)
To root a phone's Android unlocking device's bootloader is NOT needed. You may use SuperSU ZIP to root phone's Android.

Last edited:

ifishtoo

Jun 19, 2020
Unlocking bootloader is not. Needed?

That's a strategy I had not considered yet. I just read about using a tool called adbroot for temporary root access on the Nokia.

found this doc
http://certifications.prod.wi-fi.org/pdf/certificate/public/download?cid=WFA92321
https://dusermanual.com/unimax-u693cl-gets-wi-fi-alliance-certification/

cat /proc/cpuinfo
hardware qualcomm qm215

If you figure out how to boot into fastboot please post here. Booting into fastboot via adb commands and boot locks up at boot logo. Booting with power + down volume and I get android lying on his back with a red triangle.

Booting to recovery mode works with instructions from this video
https://youtu.be/lRFNhl-E5WY

Last edited:

iwearthebelt

Aug 2, 2012
Chandler, AZ.
Just got this phone in the mail today. Haven't powered it on yet but I will be playing around with it tonight. I think it ships with the bootloader unlocked and will see if I can find a root method for it. If not, I'll be checking back here with everyone else.

ifishtoo

Jun 19, 2020
Just got this phone in the mail today. Haven't powered it on yet but I will be playing around with it tonight. I think it ships with the bootloader unlocked and will see if I can find a root method for it. If not, I'll be checking back here with everyone else.

I tried and failed but I am a new fish at this. To access the recovery menu boot while holding volume up and power. Realease power as soon a phone vibrates. soon you ei lsee the robot lying on hi back. Hold the up volume and briefly tap the power button. Now you can select reboot to bootloader. It will just sit there on Ultimate Mobile Experience logo and adb does not work. I am guessing there are additional key strokes needed while rebooting to bootloader but I do not know.

iwearthebelt

Aug 2, 2012
Chandler, AZ.
I tried and failed but I am a new fish at this. To access the recovery menu boot while holding volume up and power. Realease power as soon a phone vibrates. soon you ei lsee the robot lying on hi back. Hold the up volume and briefly tap the power button. Now you can select reboot to bootloader. It will just sit there on Ultimate Mobile Experience logo and adb does not work. I am guessing there are additional key strokes needed while rebooting to bootloader but I do not know.

Well, I got my phone all set up and ready to go. Our bootloader is already unlocked from the factory and I found a way to install TWRP for this phone. When I get home tomorrow I will install TWRP and if that's working I'll start looking for the root method. I highly doubt it right now but it would be great if someone created a flashable zip file to root it. I'll have to look around and see if anyone has been working on it. I have a feeling Magisk might work. It would be great if we can somehow get this phone rooted and a custom recovery installed, I'm sure there's at least a few people waiting for it.

Reactions: ifishtoo

ifishtoo

Jun 19, 2020
Well, I got my phone all set up and ready to go. Our bootloader is already unlocked from the factory and I found a way to install TWRP for this phone. When I get home tomorrow I will install TWRP and if that's working I'll start looking for the root method. I highly doubt it right now but it would be great if someone created a flashable zip file to root it. I'll have to look around and see if anyone has been working on it. I have a feeling Magisk might work. It would be great if we can somehow get this phone rooted and a custom recovery installed, I'm sure there's at least a few people waiting for it.

Way cool!!! If the bootloader is unlocked then we should be able to image the boot partition and feed it to magisk. Don't you think?

I am very curious to know the steps you took to get this far. If you feel like sharing.

iwearthebelt

Aug 2, 2012
Chandler, AZ.
Way cool!!! If the bootloader is unlocked then we should be able to image the boot partition and feed it to magisk. Don't you think?

I am very curious to know the steps you took to get this far. If you feel like sharing.
Sure, all I did was confirm that the bootloader was unlocked by enabling developer options, going to bootloader unlock and confirming it was greyed out where it also said the bootloader was already unlocked, then I did a search for TWRP recovery for our device model and found that, which anyone can build if they know how as it's open source, and also found a root method. I basically just spent a lot of time searching and reading. I'm most definitely going to copy everything and back everything up before I do anything just to be safe.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Sure, all I did was confirm that the bootloader was unlocked by enabling developer options, going to bootloader unlock and confirming it was greyed out where it also said the bootloader was already unlocked, then I did a search for TWRP recovery for our device model and found that, which anyone can build if they know how as it's open source, and also found a root method. I basically just spent a lot of time searching and reading. I'm most definitely going to copy everything and back everything up before I do anything just to be safe.
Also, there's a video out with Instructions how to install TWRP for this device model.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

http://anpsedic.org/article-twrp/umx-ultimate-mobile-experience-u693cl

_ck_

Apr 9, 2011
should be joining this club later this week

pretty darn low end phone but 2gb means maybe it can run treble gsi roms

specs seem to be on http://specdevice.com/showspec.php?id=31ea-85b0-7221-d1bc032ad321

you can always try to run TWRP from the "fastboot boot twrp.img" but the problem is which TWRP image

Android version 9; 000811; SDK28
CPU 4 cores; Qualcomm Technologies, Inc QM215; Max: 1209.6 MHz; Min: 960.0 MHz
Display 854 x 480; DPI: 240; Evaluated Size: 4.1"
Touch screen Multitouch 2 points
GPU Adreno (TM) 308; Qualcomm; OpenGL ES-CM 1.1; OpenGL ES 3.0 [email protected] ([email protected], Ic4545e348f) (Date:06/15/19)

Juiced Athlete

Jul 16, 2020
has anyone figured out how to get TWRP working? I had no luck with the link @iwearthebelt posted.
EDIT: I am unable to find the 'right' download button on that website. All of them just redirect to the same place. DMCA Takedown???
If anyone has found the link for the actual download let me know. Thanks :)

Last edited:

grimreaper1014

Dec 31, 2012
Hi guys,

I recently received this device as well. I would really like to see the device get rooted root access. The reason being is because they tried to tell me I cannot purchase an unlocked phone to use with assurance wireless which uses Virgin mobile. They said I am stuck using this device or buying one of their over priced low end phones. I would like to be able to use root to remove some pre-installed apps.

grimreaper1014

Dec 31, 2012
Did anyone figure out how to get twrp on this device? If we can get twrp on it then it will be easy to root. Just need to flash magisk through twrp and it should be rooted. If

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a single bump to see if anyone has any root solutions yet
    Assurance?? Wireless

I'm pretty much in the same boat. And have you noticed whatever you look up on UMX os conveniently a 401 or some site doesn't exist message? I did find out that malware byte totally busted them on having government installed malware which they partially admitted to. Get malware premium and that helps with attitude this damn phone has.
    I just got the u693cl phone. I have not even powered it up yet. Did you all find out which processor it has? I am assuming it is the msm8909 but I am not sure yet.
    To root a phone's Android unlocking device's bootloader is NOT needed. You may use SuperSU ZIP to root phone's Android.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone