• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

UMX U693CL Assurant Wireless

Search This thread

Tigerevo

Mar 14, 2011
Oh so everyone knows one really badass feature of this phone that my new lg cant do is..... Wait for it .... Ok go buy a 1 to 3 hundred android box for your tv ..... This phone is an android box for your tv . It casts to the screen and has Adoptable Storage so all your apps that play cool movies even kodi will cast to your tv .

Tigerevo

Mar 14, 2011
Oh so everyone knows one really badass feature of this phone that my new lg cant do is..... Wait for it .... Ok go buy a 1 to 3 hundred android box for your tv ..... This phone is an android box for your tv . It casts to the screen and has Adoptable Storage so all your apps that play cool movies even kodi will cast to your tv .
Also if your tv doesnt support cast buy a cheap roku and your assurance phone android box will cast to your tv .

Androiderz

Oct 26, 2012
Saint Paul
Hey if you know how to do twrp images would it help you to have the twrp of the phone before this one the 683? A modder on here showed how to root it and made a custom twrp only problem it didnt recognize sd card
This phone is treble compatible, so a GSI rom should work - problem is we need drivers for the SoC. As far as I can tell the QM215 is under the MSM8937. I haven't had time with testing this to be sure. As far as TWRP, it will have to be ported in using a phone with similar specs (CPU and GPU) there are a few out there but none of them had TWRP support either. Needless to say, it will be tough to get this phone rooted but I believe possible even without a native stock recovery and ROM.

Specs:
CPU: Qualcomm QM215 Snapdragon (Snapdragon 425 variant)
GPU: Adreno 308
Treble Compatible
SoC: MSM 8937
This EDL programmer should work: prog_emmc_firehose_8937_lite.mbn
Will also need Qualcomm USB drivers: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
TWRP: GSI recovery + twrp port from a device with similar specs

Ill update later with results and links if I can confirm working.

Androiderz

Oct 26, 2012
Saint Paul
Update: Using QFIL, it might be possible to pull the entire partition data. However, I have not been able to find an EDL programmer that works for this chipset: MSM8937 (QM215). Without a working programmer, it is not possible to pull partition data nor flash firmware or recovery. Here is a list of the ones I have tried so far:
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_alc.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_004f0e1_hisen.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_blu.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_hisen.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_lenovo.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_xiaomi.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_xiaomi1.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_xiaomi2.mbn

I have tried programmers from other chipsets as well (just for kicks) but the bottom line is we are not going to be able to get root access without the correct programmer. Any help is appreciated.

clintongsan

Jun 5, 2019
Fort Smith, Arkansas, US
Sure, all I did was confirm that the bootloader was unlocked by enabling developer options, going to bootloader unlock and confirming it was greyed out where it also said the bootloader was already unlocked, then I did a search for TWRP recovery for our device model and found that, which anyone can build if they know how as it's open source, and also found a root method. I basically just spent a lot of time searching and reading. I'm most definitely going to copy everything and back everything up before I do anything just to be safe.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Also, there's a video out with Instructions how to install TWRP for this device model.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

http://anpsedic.org/article-twrp/umx-ultimate-mobile-experience-u693cl
NO ONE follow the above link; its a malicious site that has too many redirects to even count. All you do is Click the download link it takes you to another page will you click a download link and you're taken to another page and then back to the original page over and over and over again. It is a terrible sight and many many times to Google. And it's very discouraging one of our fellow ex-dea members is it part of this crap and you don't try screw people over or hack people it's just not right and if it's something you might doing but you don't belong here!

ytagger

Sep 23, 2020
Update: Using QFIL, it might be possible to pull the entire partition data. However, I have not been able to find an EDL programmer that works for this chipset: MSM8937 (QM215). Without a working programmer, it is not possible to pull partition data nor flash firmware or recovery. Here is a list of the ones I have tried so far:
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_alc.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_004f0e1_hisen.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_blu.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_hisen.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_lenovo.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_xiaomi.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_xiaomi1.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_xiaomi2.mbn

I have tried programmers from other chipsets as well (just for kicks) but the bottom line is we are not going to be able to get root access without the correct programmer. Any help is appreciated.
Sorry for posting here but can you tell me where you got these bootloaders from? I'm looking for the alcatel one and the only reference I've found so far is from this post

Dec 16, 2015
Chicago
Google Pixel 3 XL
After setting appropriate permissions and execution status, I was able to execute the arm64 su binary in /data/local/tmp/Download after pushing it there with a combination of Bugjaeger, local and remote ADB prompts. However, it displays the error "Daemon not started". Is this possibly useful for anything?

Last edited:
Alright guys, I'm on the job. Just got one of these devices in the mail and have had some success with other devices as well as this device. Bootloader we know is unlocked already, I also was able to just boot it right to fastboot and it is recognized. Was anyone able to get a dump or recovery or boot.img? I know how to build recovery from source or port.

meh, fastboot is crippled...

Last edited:
Alright everyone, I'm in the device in a hard way and dumping partitions right now!! Hurray!! I currently have boot, recovery, vendor dumped and am also dumping system and everything else just in case. What that means is that I have a working firehose guys and this device is about to be confirmed Pwnd by me in 1 day. I work full time so everything I do is a side project as well as single full time dad and dev for the galaxy 10 line of devices, website, yadayada. If testing continues to go this well, expect a menu driven linux Root/Recovery Menu this weekend for it.

Live Telegram Link if anyone wants to follow along
https://t.me/Android_General_Chat

Update 1: I have Magisk Root and can confirm that I am 100% in. TWRP next along with a splash of GSI. Stay Tuned for Update 2

Update 2: I have Root, GSI based off Android 9 booting, service/data working fine, all is well. I have started a new thread here for this device.

New Thread Link
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/umx-u693cl-root-recovery.4293219/

Last edited:
I tried and failed but I am a new fish at this. To access the recovery menu boot while holding volume up and power. Realease power as soon a phone vibrates. soon you ei lsee the robot lying on hi back. Hold the up volume and briefly tap the power button. Now you can select reboot to bootloader. It will just sit there on Ultimate Mobile Experience logo and adb does not work. I am guessing there are additional key strokes needed while rebooting to bootloader but I do not know.
When you get to the UMX logo froze screen by using adb reboot bootloader/fastboot in adb mode that froze screen is fastboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried and failed but I am a new fish at this. To access the recovery menu boot while holding volume up and power. Realease power as soon a phone vibrates. soon you ei lsee the robot lying on hi back. Hold the up volume and briefly tap the power button. Now you can select reboot to bootloader. It will just sit there on Ultimate Mobile Experience logo and adb does not work. I am guessing there are additional key strokes needed while rebooting to bootloader but I do not know.

Well, I got my phone all set up and ready to go. Our bootloader is already unlocked from the factory and I found a way to install TWRP for this phone. When I get home tomorrow I will install TWRP and if that's working I'll start looking for the root method. I highly doubt it right now but it would be great if someone created a flashable zip file to root it. I'll have to look around and see if anyone has been working on it. I have a feeling Magisk might work. It would be great if we can somehow get this phone rooted and a custom recovery installed, I'm sure there's at least a few people waiting for it.
    So I know there are root tutorials and utilities for the UMX U673c and the UMX U683CL, but does anyone have a tutorial or a way to root the UMX U693CL? I already have dev console activated, usb debugging on, and oddly weird...under the OEM Unlock option, its greyed out and it states the bootloader is already unlocked. Should I believe that or could it just be still locked and reporting that its unlocked if it's a proprietary bootloader? Any help appreciated. :)
    Just a single bump to see if anyone has any root solutions yet
    Assurance?? Wireless

I'm pretty much in the same boat. And have you noticed whatever you look up on UMX os conveniently a 401 or some site doesn't exist message? I did find out that malware byte totally busted them on having government installed malware which they partially admitted to. Get malware premium and that helps with attitude this damn phone has.
    I just got the u693cl phone. I have not even powered it up yet. Did you all find out which processor it has? I am assuming it is the msm8909 but I am not sure yet.