UMX U693CL Assurant Wireless

Search This thread

Tigerevo

Mar 14, 2011
did anyone get a dump, so far mine goes to a black screen in edl
Hey if you know how to do twrp images would it help you to have the twrp of the phone before this one the 683? A modder on here showed how to root it and made a custom twrp only problem it didnt recognize sd card

Tigerevo

Mar 14, 2011
Oh so everyone knows one really badass feature of this phone that my new lg cant do is..... Wait for it .... Ok go buy a 1 to 3 hundred android box for your tv ..... This phone is an android box for your tv . It casts to the screen and has Adoptable Storage so all your apps that play cool movies even kodi will cast to your tv .

Tigerevo

Mar 14, 2011
Oh so everyone knows one really badass feature of this phone that my new lg cant do is..... Wait for it .... Ok go buy a 1 to 3 hundred android box for your tv ..... This phone is an android box for your tv . It casts to the screen and has Adoptable Storage so all your apps that play cool movies even kodi will cast to your tv .
Also if your tv doesnt support cast buy a cheap roku and your assurance phone android box will cast to your tv .

Androiderz

Oct 26, 2012
Saint Paul
Hey if you know how to do twrp images would it help you to have the twrp of the phone before this one the 683? A modder on here showed how to root it and made a custom twrp only problem it didnt recognize sd card
This phone is treble compatible, so a GSI rom should work - problem is we need drivers for the SoC. As far as I can tell the QM215 is under the MSM8937. I haven't had time with testing this to be sure. As far as TWRP, it will have to be ported in using a phone with similar specs (CPU and GPU) there are a few out there but none of them had TWRP support either. Needless to say, it will be tough to get this phone rooted but I believe possible even without a native stock recovery and ROM.

Specs:
CPU: Qualcomm QM215 Snapdragon (Snapdragon 425 variant)
GPU: Adreno 308
Treble Compatible
SoC: MSM 8937
This EDL programmer should work: prog_emmc_firehose_8937_lite.mbn
Will also need Qualcomm USB drivers: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
TWRP: GSI recovery + twrp port from a device with similar specs

Ill update later with results and links if I can confirm working.

Androiderz

Oct 26, 2012
Saint Paul
Update: Using QFIL, it might be possible to pull the entire partition data. However, I have not been able to find an EDL programmer that works for this chipset: MSM8937 (QM215). Without a working programmer, it is not possible to pull partition data nor flash firmware or recovery. Here is a list of the ones I have tried so far:
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_alc.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_004f0e1_hisen.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_blu.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_hisen.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_lenovo.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_xiaomi.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_xiaomi1.mbn
prog_emmc_ firehose_8937_ddr_xiaomi2.mbn

I have tried programmers from other chipsets as well (just for kicks) but the bottom line is we are not going to be able to get root access without the correct programmer. Any help is appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I know there are root tutorials and utilities for the UMX U673c and the UMX U683CL, but does anyone have a tutorial or a way to root the UMX U693CL? I already have dev console activated, usb debugging on, and oddly weird...under the OEM Unlock option, its greyed out and it states the bootloader is already unlocked. Should I believe that or could it just be still locked and reporting that its unlocked if it's a proprietary bootloader? Any help appreciated. :)
    Just a single bump to see if anyone has any root solutions yet
    Assurance?? Wireless

I'm pretty much in the same boat. And have you noticed whatever you look up on UMX os conveniently a 401 or some site doesn't exist message? I did find out that malware byte totally busted them on having government installed malware which they partially admitted to. Get malware premium and that helps with attitude this damn phone has.
    I just got the u693cl phone. I have not even powered it up yet. Did you all find out which processor it has? I am assuming it is the msm8909 but I am not sure yet.
    So I know there are root tutorials and utilities for the UMX U673c and the UMX U683CL, but does anyone have a tutorial or a way to root the UMX U693CL? I already have dev console activated, usb debugging on, and oddly weird...under the OEM Unlock option, its greyed out and it states the bootloader is already unlocked. Should I believe that or could it just be still locked and reporting that its unlocked if it's a proprietary bootloader? Any help appreciated. :)
    To root a phone's Android unlocking device's bootloader is NOT needed. You may use SuperSU ZIP to root phone's Android.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone