UMX U693CL Assurant Wireless

Search This thread

gregeerg

May 12, 2022
You download the toolkit, extreact the firehose from it, then use it in qfil in windows

EDIT2: Ok, I think I fixed the disconnecting issue by switching to a USB 2.0 port. So anyway, does the phone need to be in EDL mode since I am only dumping or no? - I think a main issue right now is when I boot the phone into EDL mode, the VM can't recognize it as a USB device anymore. Regardless of all of this, I still do not see "firehose" anywhere. Read your reply from earlier about extracting firehouse from the toolkit...when I search "firehose," I see 4 results in the A-Team folder, two are Python files: firehose.cpython-38.pyc, firehose.py, firehose_client.cpython-38.pyc, and firehose_client.py.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, the entire time, all the tutorials said to open Toolkit Launcher.sh file but it actually opens what I need when I open the Main_Menu.sh file....ok, so now I see options 1-9. Looks like #8 brings me to -Dumper-. Now, what do you want me to dump here? I see options 6-12. I am also stuck at the part where I am trying to get my VM to recognize the USB phone plugged into my physical PC....it keeps disconnecting/connecting repeatedly and is beyond fking annoying.

Ok, installed Linux Mint. Downloaded Toolkit from Telegram. Now what? I extracted everything to my Desktop. Have Python installed. I see an "A-Team" folder on my desktop and an "A-Team-AIO_ToolKit_Launcher" text file on Desktop as well. Don't see anything that says "dump" and if I double-click on Launcher file, it asks if I want to display it, run it, or run it in Terminal (tried all options). Set permissions correctly and set as executable but it looks like just a regular text document still. AKA, when I try to run files, nothing happens. It looks like something pops up for a millisecond but then nothing. If it matters, I do not have my phone plugged into my PC yet (wanted to wait until I could find and open a dump option).

Folder structure is now: /Downloads/platform-tools and I have all the A-Team stuff in the platform folder.

Last edited:

gregeerg

May 12, 2022
You download the toolkit, extreact the firehose from it, then use it in qfil in windows
10hrs later at this, yeah, I'm at a loss now. Besides my reply above, I think the VM not detecting my phone when it reboots into EDL mode is the issue....not sure how to proceed. Every single time I boot in EDL, I go to option 8 to get to the dump options then when I do any dump option, I get: "main - trying with no loader given...waiting for the device." Read your reply from earlier about extracting firehouse from the toolkit...when I search "firehose," I see 4 results in the A-Team folder, two are Python files: firehose.cpython-38.pyc, firehose.py, firehose_client.cpython-38.pyc, and firehose_client.py. I'm just gonna wait until you're off work I guess, lol....which by now, I hope is super soon since I been staring at my screen all day waiting and tryna figure this out.

Is it prog_emmc_firehose_8909_ddr.mbn?? Or this from GitHub maybe? https://github.com/zenlty/Qualcomm-Firehose/blob/master/MSM8909.mbn And if so, what XML file am I supposed to use on QFIL? EDIT: Guess it isn't that one because QFIL gave errors when I tried it....ugh. Actually, looks like my phone is not 8909, but 8937?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried and failed but I am a new fish at this. To access the recovery menu boot while holding volume up and power. Realease power as soon a phone vibrates. soon you ei lsee the robot lying on hi back. Hold the up volume and briefly tap the power button. Now you can select reboot to bootloader. It will just sit there on Ultimate Mobile Experience logo and adb does not work. I am guessing there are additional key strokes needed while rebooting to bootloader but I do not know.

Well, I got my phone all set up and ready to go. Our bootloader is already unlocked from the factory and I found a way to install TWRP for this phone. When I get home tomorrow I will install TWRP and if that's working I'll start looking for the root method. I highly doubt it right now but it would be great if someone created a flashable zip file to root it. I'll have to look around and see if anyone has been working on it. I have a feeling Magisk might work. It would be great if we can somehow get this phone rooted and a custom recovery installed, I'm sure there's at least a few people waiting for it.
    So I know there are root tutorials and utilities for the UMX U673c and the UMX U683CL, but does anyone have a tutorial or a way to root the UMX U693CL? I already have dev console activated, usb debugging on, and oddly weird...under the OEM Unlock option, its greyed out and it states the bootloader is already unlocked. Should I believe that or could it just be still locked and reporting that its unlocked if it's a proprietary bootloader? Any help appreciated. :)
    Just a single bump to see if anyone has any root solutions yet
    Assurance?? Wireless

I'm pretty much in the same boat. And have you noticed whatever you look up on UMX os conveniently a 401 or some site doesn't exist message? I did find out that malware byte totally busted them on having government installed malware which they partially admitted to. Get malware premium and that helps with attitude this damn phone has.
    I just got the u693cl phone. I have not even powered it up yet. Did you all find out which processor it has? I am assuming it is the msm8909 but I am not sure yet.