• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UMX U693CL Recovery/Rom/Root RELEASE]

Search This thread

roto_rooter

Dec 1, 2021
Booted into edl. Flashed pizza’s latest rom (system vendor vbmeta & boot only) on miracle thunder 2.58 cracked. Reboot and done! VPN works. BitTorrent works. No more hackers playing w the phone all the time.

Wonderful!

Reactions: ShawnWiosna
Booted into edl. Flashed pizza’s latest rom (system vendor vbmeta & boot only) on miracle thunder 2.58 cracked. Reboot and done! VPN works. BitTorrent works. No more hackers playing w the phone all the time.

Wonderful!
lol, you are missing some of the goodies I baked into the installer if you install that way. That's ok though, I found out how to get everything down to 1 install and bake everything right into the rom itself. More updates coming soonish...

ctm617

Dec 20, 2021
8-31-2021: Rude people associated with this device and I'm bailing, go find some other sucker willing to give up their free time, for free, only to be bashed.
OOPH well, it's a free phone from Uncle Sam, what do you expect..

Who can I send this U693C Lphone to, return shipping paid, plus a few bucks, say, $20?, and get my phone back rooted suited and booted? I just want unlimited hotspot... and to be able to connect it to my home network without it installing a trojan horse on my router, which happened as soon as i got it.. I'm going nuts trying to do it and I just don't have any more patience or energy for it.. Any takers?

Last edited:

roto_rooter

Dec 1, 2021
OOPH well, it's a free phone from Uncle Sam, what do you expect..

Who can I send this U693C Lphone to, return shipping paid, plus a few bucks, say, $20?, and get my phone back rooted suited and booted? I just want unlimited hotspot... and to be able to connect it to my home network without it installing a trojan horse on my router, which happened as soon as i got it.. I'm going nuts trying to do it and I just don't have any more patience or energy for it.. Any takers?
PM me and I’ll root that sucker for $20

samshaharia292

Jan 5, 2022
i need help i dont know what happened to my device after i download the file the phone acting weird its show err and my phone stuck on assurance page its wont start i think i have to flash if anyone has u693cl stock room please help me

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1,016.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    937.9 KB · Views: 5

ShawnWiosna

Aug 25, 2011
Torrington
I am going to write a Step by Step. Assurance wireless ONLY provides 1 phone, ONE damn Phone, They ****ed me on 3 Coolpads, I liked the coolpads, But I cant use them, Now I'm stuck with 3 of them, And 2 of these UMX's

ShawnWiosna

Aug 25, 2011
Torrington
lol, you are missing some of the goodies I baked into the installer if you install that way. That's ok though, I found out how to get everything down to 1 install and bake everything right into the rom itself. More updates coming soonish...
I have this extra UMX that used to root first and install the assurance custom stock u created (I wanted to make sure it didn't brick before I did my daily driver), I can lock the FRP for u if u want I can donate it, lmk

I have this extra UMX that used to root first and install the assurance custom stock u created (I wanted to make sure it didn't brick before I did my daily driver), I can lock the FRP for u if u want I can donate it, lmk
Much appreciated but not necessary. AssuranceRom will bypass FRP locked devices, i locked myself out to test it and it worked fine.

Is there a reason I cannot change the wallpaper on assurancerom or update nova7 launcher?
Nova is installed as a system app. If you want to install your own Nova, delete mine in system/app. Wallpaper can be changed from normal display settings, just don't select anything nova7 related and you can set wallpaper to what you want. Maybe if I do another release I will fix the Nova7 wallpaper bug that I created. Only bug left that I could tell and not very high on my priority list, lol.

robbkm3

Aug 8, 2021
Hi everyone one. I'm have a problem with my touch screen not working I did a factory reset I even did a unbrick option and still doesn't work. Is this from hardware problems ? The screen isn't crack or wet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Much appreciated but not necessary. AssuranceRom will bypass FRP locked devices, i locked myself out to test it and it worked fine.
    JuSt A FrIeNdLy- shut up senior citizen,messageboards are the past. Instant messaging is the future. Just now noticed this high and mighty comment,and woooow. Im siding with Pizza,get telegram or get left out. Might see if releases can be explciity telegram too,just to spite yall. Ill ask him later.....
    There are a couple of things that need to be addressed here...

First of all, that is not the way we expect users to address other members. Rudeness, flaming, etc is not tolerated on XDA. Treat other members with respect (no matter their age, young or old) and courtesy. This is quite clear in the forum rules, under "Member conduct", so if you're not familiar with said rules I suggest you read through them carefully:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/xda-developers-forum-rules.4200559/

Secondly, Telegram. Chat apps can be quite useful, especially when there's need for direct and quick communication. But, if someone wants their work available here on XDA there needs to be support for it here as well. We're not simply a gateway to other forums or platforms... We generally allow development projects to have a Telegram support link, but if the thread is used solely to drive traffic away from XDA it will be closed.

XDA is about sharing, and you don't even have to be a member of the forum to be able to benefit from everything that's available here. We want to keep it that way, but if all support and development can be found under Telegram links it won't be so readily available.

TL;DR: Tone down the attitude and while Telegram links are allowed support and development need to be available on XDA if a thread is to stay open.

If anyone has anything to add on this, or have any questions my inbox is always open. Let's not keep posting about this here since we want to keep the thread on topic.

Cheers
    Didgeridoohan
    Senior Moderator/Developer Committee/Developer Relations
    photo_2021-01-30_04-04-14.jpg

Proudly Presents
    Another Exclusive Release

Supported Model
    UMX U693CL

Recoveries
    OrangeFox_10 Recovery

Roms
    AssuranceRom Custom Stock- Android 9
    OmniRom Custom GSI- Android 9
    CrDroid Custom GSI- Android 11

-AIO ToolKit Prerequisites-
    1- Linux: Linux Mint Cinnamon Suggested
    2- Python 3
    3- Pip install Command: sudo apt install python3-pip

Rom Notes/Disclaimer/Warning
    **Don't Deviate From The Install instructions Or The Rom Won't Install Correctly**
    **The AIO ToolKit Unbrick Option Is Not Meant To Be Used As A Daily Rom**
    ** Flashing AssuranceRom Will Bypass FRP Locked Devices **
    **Battery Stats Are Broken On GSI Roms**
    **Only Use OrangeFox Until Further Notice: 11-15-2021**

-AssuranceRom Clean Flash Installation-
    1- Move AssuranceRom To Device(External SD)
    2- Boot Recovery
    3- Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data
    4- Install AssuranceRom
    5- Enjoy!!👍🏻😁

-Custom GSI Roms Flash Installation-
    1- Move GSI Rom zip To Device(External SD)
    2- Boot Recovery
    3- Wipe Dalvik, Cache, Data
    4- Install Custom GSI Rom zip
    5- Boot Custom GSI Rom & Wait Until A-Team Notification
    6- Boot Recovery With Normal Reboot and Hold Vol+
    7- Enjoy!!👍🏻😁

Contributors
    Thanks To @deadman96385 for the Firehose Programmer
    Thanks To Brenton Miller For The Substantial Donation For Continued Dev Work On This Device
    Also Big Thanks To Brenton Miller for September 2021 Device Firmware Files
    Big Thanks To The Folks Who Have Come To A-Team Telegram Group To Help Test

Device Downloads
    UMX U693CL Downloads

Recovery Device Trees
    Device Source

A-Team Website
    A-Team Supported Devices

TeleGram Live Support
    A-Team Digital Solutions
    -Updates-

6-17-2021: Setup for Official Release

6-19-2021: Initial Package Release, Bugs Expected, Recovery Tree still needs some work

6-27-2021: AIO ToolKit Release, removing Initial old release. ToolKit is unfinished and missing some recoveries but is working. I'll add the remaining recoveries and such as time permits

6-28-2021: ToolKit Update v0.06. Dumping options added to Dev Menu, Custom Stock/unbrick Images further tweaked, bugfixes, menu tweaks, etc...

7-3-2021: Added option to remove device encryption, custom stock/unbrick option now a menu, DarkStar Recovery added to recovery menu, disabled first boot setup screen, removed a couple more bloat apps

7-9-2021: AssuranceRom v0.07 recovery flashable zip released, AIO ToolKit v0.09 released, changelog and installation now included in toolkit, removed DarkStar and Batik Recovery(Too Old and Missing Needed Features), Added OrangeFox Recovery, Added PitchBlack Recovery, Android 9 GSI roms tested booting, Android 11 GSI roms tested booting

7-24-2021: AssuranceRom v0.08 Recovery Flashable zip Released, AIO ToolKit v0.10 Released, Changelog now included in the ToolKit Package

8-31-2021: Rude people associated with this device and I'm bailing, go find some other sucker willing to give up their free time, for free, only to be bashed.

9-16-2021: Re-Added Link for The Files, enjoy.

10-21-21: Fixed Main Thread Post, Planned updates are 2 more recovery builds, posting device tree source for all recoveries, update AssuranceRom based off newest OTA release, several planned updates for AIO ToolKit, investigate fixing Lockscreen bug when encryption is disabled, investigate fixing dialer not being set as default dialer on first boot(Magisk Script Not Kicking in Like it should)
    10-22-2021: Added TWRP_10 Device Tree to Github & Updated Post Link, TWRP_10 Added to Device Downloads but not yet added into the ToolKit.

11-11-2021: Fixed MTP in Recovery, Fixed Decryption in Recovery, New version of AssuranceRom based off September 2021 Update, AssuranceRom Lockscreen bug fixed, AssuranceRom Dialer bug fixed, Device is now using default encryption since recovery has working decryption AIO ToolKit Updated to reflect new recovery builds, AIO ToolKit Updated to reflect updated unbrick files, several small tweaks to AIO ToolKit, TWRP_10 Updated in ToolKit, OrangeFox_10 Updated in ToolKit

11-12-2021: AIO ToolKit v0.14 Release- Broke Unbrick Option into 2 parts, ReadMe explains this more. Unbrick options will now auto reboot device after flashing, Added Option 9 for testing ADB Connectivity, AssuranceRom v0.10 Release, Re-Added Google Dialer into AssuranceRom(Now set to default dialer), Added AssuranceRom Installation Instructions to Main Thread Post

11-13-2021: AssuranceRom v0.11 Release, Post Boot Setup Script properly adds preset settings now for X-Plore, Preset settings for NovaLauncher, Added Custom Lockscreen wallpaper and wallpaper, Added a bunch more preset device settings to Post Boot Setup Script. Device will now auto reboot when Post Boot Setup Script is complete so that the changes and settings can be applied, Updated NovaLauncher, AIO ToolKit v0.15 Release, NovaLauncher Updated in unbrick System Image, Added Installation Warning on Main Thread Post

11-14-2021: Prep Main Thread for Custom GSI Releases, OmniRom_A9_Custom_GSI-UMX_U693CL-v0.01.zip Release, AIO ToolKit v0.16 Release(Unbrick Option 1 BugFix)

11-15-2021: AssuranceRom v0.12 Release(Consult ChangeLog), OmniRom v0.02 Release(Consult Changelog), AIO ToolKit v0.17 Release(Remove TWRP For Now)

12-5-2021: CrDroid Custom GSI v0.02 Release, Working Assurance Service and Volte OOTB, All GSI Roms will only require 1 install now (y) 😁 , I will eventually spread that out to AssuranceRom as well in the future.

1-4-2022: AssuranceRom v0.13 Release, AIO ToolKit v0.19 Release, consult ChangeLogs for changes
    PSA - Don't cause drama

Had to do some cleaning. A few posts have been removed, since they were abusive and had no purpose other than creating drama.

Don't do that...

The results can now be seen in the 1st post of this thread.

Stay safe
    Didgeridoohan
    Senior Moderator/Developer Committee/Developer Relations
    Have you tried installing the custom rom zip file through the recovery that PizzaG inlcuded? I have had no problems with that (except setting up a lockout pin where it says pin not accepted even though it was correct).
    the PIN issue is due to disabled force encryption. If you NEED the ability to lock the screen,i have a debloated vendor of my own that has forceencrypt enabled if youd like it