[UMX U693CL Recovery/Rom/Root RELEASE]

Search This thread

Brickstin

Oct 18, 2017
An AIO ToolKit is about to be released for this device, I wrote it to handle everything from fresh untouched device to fixing a soft-bricked device. The initial release will be removed shortly and this new ToolKit is for Linux...
Wait so... the initial release worked on which Operating system?
I am on Windows... I don't have Linux :/

Thanks for all your hard work though: I have one of these dumb phones.. always installs TopicNews as a System file and cant disable or remove.

transgirlphoebe

Mar 29, 2016
Martinsburg
Moto G7 Power
Wait so... the initial release worked on which Operating system?
I am on Windows... I don't have Linux :/

Thanks for all your hard work though: I have one of these dumb phones.. always installs TopicNews as a System file and cant disable or remove.
It is linux only because it uses a specific flashing tool optimized for linux. make a LiveUSB or somethin

SlickStretch

Dec 8, 2012
Hillsboro, OR
I think I found a typo in one of your scripts.

In 'Run_Setup.sh' line 5 reads
sudo apt purge ModemManager
I am getting an error that says "ModemManager not found."

Shouldn't it be
sudo apt purge modemmanager?
Now it works fine.

SlickStretch

Dec 8, 2012
Hillsboro, OR
Hey guys, after using the ToolKit to install OrangeFox recovery, root, and the custom Assurance Wireless rom my phone won't boot.

Recovery works fine, but when the phone tries to boot, it shows the start-up animation (spinning balls animation) for about a minute before the screen goes black. (black but not off) Then nothing. I gave it a good 10 minutes.

I tried using the toolkit again, and tried the UnBrick option with the same results.

Can you help me?

tuffasagong

Mar 13, 2012
Hey guys, after using the ToolKit to install OrangeFox recovery, root, and the custom Assurance Wireless rom my phone won't boot.

Recovery works fine, but when the phone tries to boot, it shows the start-up animation (spinning balls animation) for about a minute before the screen goes black. (black but not off) Then nothing. I gave it a good 10 minutes.

I tried using the toolkit again, and tried the UnBrick option with the same results.

Can you help me?
Have you tried installing the custom rom zip file through the recovery that PizzaG inlcuded? I have had no problems with that (except setting up a lockout pin where it says pin not accepted even though it was correct).

SlickStretch

Dec 8, 2012
Hillsboro, OR
Have you tried installing the custom rom zip file through the recovery that PizzaG inlcuded? I have had no problems with that (except setting up a lockout pin where it says pin not accepted even though it was correct).
I figured it out. It was happening because I forgot to wipe the data partition.

On another note, have you guys found any other custom roms? I've tried a couple of the GSI roms that PizzaG linked in the description post. (arm64, A/B roms) but OrangeFox recovery keeps telling me "Invalid zip file format."

tuffasagong

Mar 13, 2012
I figured it out. It was happening because I forgot to wipe the data partition.

On another note, have you guys found any other custom roms? I've tried a couple of the GSI roms that PizzaG linked in the description post. (arm64, A/B roms) but OrangeFox recovery keeps telling me "Invalid zip file format."
That will do it. I tried a couple GSI roms. I think you have to unzip them and install the .img files. I only really got one I tried working and had to switch because I got a TMobile error saying this phone is not compatible with the network.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could get some help from someone...anyone lol. Anyone with some tech expertise on this specific device would be a GODSEND. I'm pretty new here but even though it seems like a cool place to askfor help I'm going to go ahead and warn ya, this issue is complicated (at least to me). So I'm trying to figure out the easiest or any possble way to restore the UMX I have back to it's backup or factory status. Here's the deal: (I apologize for the length, I tried slimming up my message a bit)
So I was able to root my UMX U693CL following this guide but OOPS, I unplugged the device before QFIL was done sending it's REBOOT command and it just BRICKED IT....hard. I can still read from the device, and though no screen comes on I can still pull fastboot getvar all (yup, it shows as a fastboot device when the screen actually comes on but it sticks at that first screen and not a single intent-based fastboot command is recognized. So I can't flash/boot/etc. I did do a FULL backup before doing this tutorial so I literally have like 13GB of partitions, I renamed them all by appending the partition name at the start of the filename. My question is, how do I recover or begin to recover this device? Should I attempt making a loader on the sdcard?...I am just guessing but it seems that isn't the answer. I did re-establish the phone in device manager as the Qualcomm HS-USB QBLoader 9008 *proper* driver, but this is my experience...
I launch QFIL. It has found a port but I must select it. Then I select FLAT BUILD. Then I drop the programmer mbn in the correct spot and immediately go up to the top, selecting the second tab I think (I'm picturing it in my head so I'm sorry for the confusion) and then the next from the last option, Partition Manager, but eventually get timed out with an error along the lines of could not load Sahara XML...etc etc. (I will give a clear error message as soon as it turns on; its been sitting in my drawer for months so it's dead dead.) It appears as though when I tried restoring it the intial time, right after bricking it, I somehow managed to duplicate partitions maybe...have a look for yourself (if anyone's still reading this haha) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I removed the serial number from the getprop.

Also, I use Windows 7 mostly but have Ubuntu/Linux on my laptop. I find working, especially with QPST and stuff, is so much easier on good ol' Windows 7 than any newer version, personally.

*Edit, I attached the QFIL working log*

Attachments

• UMX_U693CL_fastboot-getvar-all_07282021.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 212
  • load.cmm.txt.txt
    832 bytes · Views: 118
  • QFIL_DownloadedFilesOutputList.jpg
    QFIL_DownloadedFilesOutputList.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 189
  • QFIL_Selecting.jpg
    QFIL_Selecting.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 192
  • QFIL_Working.jpg
    QFIL_Working.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 181
  • QFIL_working_log-07282021.log
    8.6 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: marckoby

earickb

May 28, 2021
Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could get some help from someone...anyone lol. Anyone with some tech expertise on this specific device would be a GODSEND. I'm pretty new here but even though it seems like a cool place to askfor help I'm going to go ahead and warn ya, this issue is complicated (at least to me). So I'm trying to figure out the easiest or any possble way to restore the UMX I have back to it's backup or factory status. Here's the deal: (I apologize for the length, I tried slimming up my message a bit)
So I was able to root my UMX U693CL following this guide but OOPS, I unplugged the device before QFIL was done sending it's REBOOT command and it just BRICKED IT....hard. I can still read from the device, and though no screen comes on I can still pull fastboot getvar all (yup, it shows as a fastboot device when the screen actually comes on but it sticks at that first screen and not a single intent-based fastboot command is recognized. So I can't flash/boot/etc. I did do a FULL backup before doing this tutorial so I literally have like 13GB of partitions, I renamed them all by appending the partition name at the start of the filename. My question is, how do I recover or begin to recover this device? Should I attempt making a loader on the sdcard?...I am just guessing but it seems that isn't the answer. I did re-establish the phone in device manager as the Qualcomm HS-USB QBLoader 9008 *proper* driver, but this is my experience...
I launch QFIL. It has found a port but I must select it. Then I select FLAT BUILD. Then I drop the programmer mbn in the correct spot and immediately go up to the top, selecting the second tab I think (I'm picturing it in my head so I'm sorry for the confusion) and then the next from the last option, Partition Manager, but eventually get timed out with an error along the lines of could not load Sahara XML...etc etc. (I will give a clear error message as soon as it turns on; its been sitting in my drawer for months so it's dead dead.) It appears as though when I tried restoring it the intial time, right after bricking it, I somehow managed to duplicate partitions maybe...have a look for yourself (if anyone's still reading this haha) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I removed the serial number from the getprop.

Also, I use Windows 7 mostly but have Ubuntu/Linux on my laptop. I find working, especially with QPST and stuff, is so much easier on good ol' Windows 7 than any newer version, personally.

Easiest way to fix is to use Linux to flash Unbrick Files

transgirlphoebe

Mar 29, 2016
Martinsburg
Moto G7 Power
the PIN issue is due to disabled force encryption. If you NEED the ability to lock the screen,i have a debloated vendor of my own that has forceencrypt enabled if youd like it

transgirlphoebe

Mar 29, 2016
Martinsburg
Moto G7 Power
Just a friendly reminder. Questions asked on XDA, should be answered on XDA. Not everybody uses or needs TG. After all, XDA is why we're all here in the first place.

-Regards: Badger50
JuSt A FrIeNdLy- shut up senior citizen,messageboards are the past. Instant messaging is the future. Just now noticed this high and mighty comment,and woooow. Im siding with Pizza,get telegram or get left out. Might see if releases can be explciity telegram too,just to spite yall. Ill ask him later.....

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
JuSt A FrIeNdLy- shut up senior citizen,messageboards are the past. Instant messaging is the future. Just now noticed this high and mighty comment,and woooow. Im siding with Pizza,get telegram or get left out. Might see if releases can be explciity telegram too,just to spite yall. Ill ask him later.....
There are a couple of things that need to be addressed here...

First of all, that is not the way we expect users to address other members. Rudeness, flaming, etc is not tolerated on XDA. Treat other members with respect (no matter their age, young or old) and courtesy. This is quite clear in the forum rules, under "Member conduct", so if you're not familiar with said rules I suggest you read through them carefully:
https://xdaforums.com/t/xda-developers-forum-rules.4200559/

Secondly, Telegram. Chat apps can be quite useful, especially when there's need for direct and quick communication. But, if someone wants their work available here on XDA there needs to be support for it here as well. We're not simply a gateway to other forums or platforms... We generally allow development projects to have a Telegram support link, but if the thread is used solely to drive traffic away from XDA it will be closed.

XDA is about sharing, and you don't even have to be a member of the forum to be able to benefit from everything that's available here. We want to keep it that way, but if all support and development can be found under Telegram links it won't be so readily available.

TL;DR: Tone down the attitude and while Telegram links are allowed support and development need to be available on XDA if a thread is to stay open.

If anyone has anything to add on this, or have any questions my inbox is always open. Let's not keep posting about this here since we want to keep the thread on topic.

Cheers
Didgeridoohan
Senior Moderator/Developer Committee/Developer Relations

guero.lurias

Dec 27, 2018
Mesa

hi, i had a similar issue, good thing u made a backup. this is how i "fixed it". to unbrick: i held down power button and volume up and down , it vibrates 1 time the phones off, vibrates second time phone back on and a second later it turns off again let go, but its not really off, its in edl mode in case you cant get it in edl via toolkit or via adb and then i flashed stock recovery and got it to boot into recovery and factory data reset, booted into edl again and i could flash all the different recoveries and the custom rom without getting bricked again. my biggest mistake was not making a backup and i realized that my imei, baseband and the assurance wireless network had dissapeared, now i figured out how to fix it but i need the stock rom to do so, since you did make a backup you think you can help me out by uploading your stock rom please?

transgirlphoebe

Mar 29, 2016
Martinsburg
Moto G7 Power
Glad i could help! and to Moderator/Dev Relations,your rules are behind the times,this account is older than half the members here darn near,im aware of the rules,but penalizing someone for not installing your half baked pile of garbage app is absurd at best insulting at worst.

@Didgeridoohan if you expect people to be here,then make a app worth using,like the old app was,it was nice. Could autodetect your device and point you to your forums easily,so dont come at me,for addressing flaws with most forum sites. Until the,telegram supremacy,and i still hope @PizzaG has the sense to switch away from XDA,and take his projects with it. Androidfurms/telegram supremacy. I have half a mind to kill the link for the vendor image just to be petty​

Thank you, that worked.

• Angry
Reactions: Tugvarish

imevil2011

May 2, 2019
Bronston kentucky
Motorola One
I don't get the hate here but just a fyi the readme in the file is self explained 2 3 4 then as you desire I've bricked my device 3 times with full support and recovery from this tool kudos 🍕 love this keep em coming bro muck love from ky ps my personal number call I'll help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-004933.png
    Screenshot_20210809-004933.png
    45 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20210809-004946~2.png
    Screenshot_20210809-004946~2.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20210809-004906.png
    Screenshot_20210809-004906.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 59

cannotkeepup

Jul 20, 2021
Can someone take pitty on the stupid in the room???

I have read and read this web page and most of what I read is like some kind of alian to me.

I am hoping someone can in very child like terms set me straight.

I have a UMX u693cl.

I liked the phone because it is light in weight and small enough to fit in my wallet. Thanks to a friend all the extra stuff was removed making it so even the dumb like me could use it.

I could make a call, get a call, look at email, google direction or a phone number. That is all I need.

My service was with Assurance Wireless. Not a great company but I could call AAA if I needed to.

Well as I am sure you know TMoble bought out Sprint and in turn Assurance Wireless..

I got a letter saying I had to upgrade my phone to the new Tmoblie system. I called and asked what I needed to do and was tod I had to get a new phone. Something I cannot do right now so I figured I would wait. Then I get an email telling me all I needed to do was call and get a new SIM card. So I did.

About 4 days later new SIM card in hand I called them and ask now what. They tell me how to open back and install. Then tell me they had to restore something on there end and it would take an hour.

Two hours later my phone went from a 4g to a 3g and will not work at all. If is now a paper weight.

Call again told they sent the wrong SIM card.

A few days later I still have a paper weight.

So I put the old sim card back and it is working again but still on the sprint system.

So I called Safelink to see if I could just switch to them and bring my phone with me. They tell me yes but I have to have Assurance unlock it.

Called Assurance and they tell me they do not have to and will not to bad. I know this is against the law but what am I going to do about it.

So can any one tell me is there a way I can unllock it so I can use it on Safelink and how?

Again thank you for reading this and I am sorry it is so long.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 11575455
    photo_2021-01-30_04-04-14.jpg

Proudly Presents
    Another Exclusive Release

Supported Model
    UMX U693CL

Recoveries
    OrangeFox_10 Recovery

Roms
    AssuranceRom Custom Stock- Android 9
    OmniRom Custom GSI- Android 9
    CrDroid Custom GSI- Android 11

-AIO ToolKit Prerequisites-
    1- Linux: Linux Mint Cinnamon Suggested
    2- Python 3
    3- Pip install Command: sudo apt install python3-pip

Rom Notes/Disclaimer/Warning
    **Don't Deviate From The Install instructions Or The Rom Won't Install Correctly**
    **The AIO ToolKit Unbrick Option Is Not Meant To Be Used As A Daily Rom**
    ** Flashing AssuranceRom Will Bypass FRP Locked Devices **
    **Battery Stats Are Broken On GSI Roms**
    **Only Use OrangeFox Until Further Notice: 11-15-2021**

-AssuranceRom Clean Flash Installation-
    1- Move AssuranceRom To Device(External SD)
    2- Boot Recovery
    3- Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, Data
    4- Install AssuranceRom
    5- Enjoy!!👍🏻😁

-Custom GSI Roms Flash Installation-
    1- Move GSI Rom zip To Device(External SD)
    2- Boot Recovery
    3- Wipe Dalvik, Cache, Data
    4- Install Custom GSI Rom zip
    5- Boot Custom GSI Rom & Wait Until A-Team Notification
    6- Boot Recovery With Normal Reboot and Hold Vol+
    7- Enjoy!!👍🏻😁

Contributors
    Thanks To @deadman96385 for the Firehose Programmer
    Thanks To Brenton Miller For The Substantial Donation For Continued Dev Work On This Device
    Also Big Thanks To Brenton Miller for September 2021 Device Firmware Files
    Big Thanks To The Folks Who Have Come To A-Team Telegram Group To Help Test

Device Downloads
    UMX U693CL Downloads

Recovery Device Trees
    Device Source

A-Team Website
    A-Team Supported Devices

TeleGram Live Support
    A-Team Digital Solutions
    There are a couple of things that need to be addressed here...

First of all, that is not the way we expect users to address other members. Rudeness, flaming, etc is not tolerated on XDA. Treat other members with respect (no matter their age, young or old) and courtesy. This is quite clear in the forum rules, under "Member conduct", so if you're not familiar with said rules I suggest you read through them carefully:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/xda-developers-forum-rules.4200559/

Secondly, Telegram. Chat apps can be quite useful, especially when there's need for direct and quick communication. But, if someone wants their work available here on XDA there needs to be support for it here as well. We're not simply a gateway to other forums or platforms... We generally allow development projects to have a Telegram support link, but if the thread is used solely to drive traffic away from XDA it will be closed.

XDA is about sharing, and you don't even have to be a member of the forum to be able to benefit from everything that's available here. We want to keep it that way, but if all support and development can be found under Telegram links it won't be so readily available.

TL;DR: Tone down the attitude and while Telegram links are allowed support and development need to be available on XDA if a thread is to stay open.

If anyone has anything to add on this, or have any questions my inbox is always open. Let's not keep posting about this here since we want to keep the thread on topic.

Cheers
    Didgeridoohan
    D
    Deleted member 11575455
    -Updates-

6-17-2021: Setup for Official Release

6-19-2021: Initial Package Release, Bugs Expected, Recovery Tree still needs some work

6-27-2021: AIO ToolKit Release, removing Initial old release. ToolKit is unfinished and missing some recoveries but is working. I'll add the remaining recoveries and such as time permits

6-28-2021: ToolKit Update v0.06. Dumping options added to Dev Menu, Custom Stock/unbrick Images further tweaked, bugfixes, menu tweaks, etc...

7-3-2021: Added option to remove device encryption, custom stock/unbrick option now a menu, DarkStar Recovery added to recovery menu, disabled first boot setup screen, removed a couple more bloat apps

7-9-2021: AssuranceRom v0.07 recovery flashable zip released, AIO ToolKit v0.09 released, changelog and installation now included in toolkit, removed DarkStar and Batik Recovery(Too Old and Missing Needed Features), Added OrangeFox Recovery, Added PitchBlack Recovery, Android 9 GSI roms tested booting, Android 11 GSI roms tested booting

7-24-2021: AssuranceRom v0.08 Recovery Flashable zip Released, AIO ToolKit v0.10 Released, Changelog now included in the ToolKit Package

8-31-2021: Rude people associated with this device and I'm bailing, go find some other sucker willing to give up their free time, for free, only to be bashed.

9-16-2021: Re-Added Link for The Files, enjoy.

10-21-21: Fixed Main Thread Post, Planned updates are 2 more recovery builds, posting device tree source for all recoveries, update AssuranceRom based off newest OTA release, several planned updates for AIO ToolKit, investigate fixing Lockscreen bug when encryption is disabled, investigate fixing dialer not being set as default dialer on first boot(Magisk Script Not Kicking in Like it should)
    10-22-2021: Added TWRP_10 Device Tree to Github & Updated Post Link, TWRP_10 Added to Device Downloads but not yet added into the ToolKit.

11-11-2021: Fixed MTP in Recovery, Fixed Decryption in Recovery, New version of AssuranceRom based off September 2021 Update, AssuranceRom Lockscreen bug fixed, AssuranceRom Dialer bug fixed, Device is now using default encryption since recovery has working decryption AIO ToolKit Updated to reflect new recovery builds, AIO ToolKit Updated to reflect updated unbrick files, several small tweaks to AIO ToolKit, TWRP_10 Updated in ToolKit, OrangeFox_10 Updated in ToolKit

11-12-2021: AIO ToolKit v0.14 Release- Broke Unbrick Option into 2 parts, ReadMe explains this more. Unbrick options will now auto reboot device after flashing, Added Option 9 for testing ADB Connectivity, AssuranceRom v0.10 Release, Re-Added Google Dialer into AssuranceRom(Now set to default dialer), Added AssuranceRom Installation Instructions to Main Thread Post

11-13-2021: AssuranceRom v0.11 Release, Post Boot Setup Script properly adds preset settings now for X-Plore, Preset settings for NovaLauncher, Added Custom Lockscreen wallpaper and wallpaper, Added a bunch more preset device settings to Post Boot Setup Script. Device will now auto reboot when Post Boot Setup Script is complete so that the changes and settings can be applied, Updated NovaLauncher, AIO ToolKit v0.15 Release, NovaLauncher Updated in unbrick System Image, Added Installation Warning on Main Thread Post

11-14-2021: Prep Main Thread for Custom GSI Releases, OmniRom_A9_Custom_GSI-UMX_U693CL-v0.01.zip Release, AIO ToolKit v0.16 Release(Unbrick Option 1 BugFix)

11-15-2021: AssuranceRom v0.12 Release(Consult ChangeLog), OmniRom v0.02 Release(Consult Changelog), AIO ToolKit v0.17 Release(Remove TWRP For Now)

12-5-2021: CrDroid Custom GSI v0.02 Release, Working Assurance Service and Volte OOTB, All GSI Roms will only require 1 install now (y) 😁 , I will eventually spread that out to AssuranceRom as well in the future.

1-4-2022: AssuranceRom v0.13 Release, AIO ToolKit v0.19 Release, consult ChangeLogs for changes
    the PIN issue is due to disabled force encryption. If you NEED the ability to lock the screen,i have a debloated vendor of my own that has forceencrypt enabled if youd like it
    PSA - Don't cause drama

Had to do some cleaning. A few posts have been removed, since they were abusive and had no purpose other than creating drama.

Don't do that...

The results can now be seen in the 1st post of this thread.

Stay safe
    Didgeridoohan