Un/Official (Windows) USB Drivers/ADB/Fastboot [Essential PH-1/Mata]

Search This thread

mr573162

Jun 20, 2017
Hey I have a problem, my PC doesn't recognize the Google USB drivers when I install them. Every time on go to device manager I don't have any options for Android devices.

jimmydee62

Feb 7, 2011
Allen
Thanks much sd_shadow I used your SDK Platform-Tools for Windows and finally able to get fastboot devices working and unlock bootloader.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Thanks much sd_shadow I used your SDK Platform-Tools for Windows and finally able to get fastboot devices working and unlock bootloader.
Just to clarify
None of the tools I linked are mine, I'm just posting links to them and some modified instructions for the PH-1

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

jeremystyle

Dec 31, 2011
New York City
I'm having the same issues as mr573162. I have uninstalled device, changed every usb setting and port on computer, uninstalled and reinstalled google drivers from android studio and still no device/ adb when I click through Mata. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I'm having the same issues as mr573162. I have uninstalled device, changed every usb setting and port on computer, uninstalled and reinstalled google drivers from android studio and still no device/ adb when I click through Mata. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Same exact issue here - Sprint variant here..

Can see the device in ADB, not in Fastboot. Can see "Mata" listed in device manager, but no matter what I do, the system refuses to recognize it.

Have tried multiple USB-C cables too..

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Same exact issue here - Sprint variant here..

Can see the device in ADB, not in Fastboot. Can see "Mata" listed in device manager, but no matter what I do, the system refuses to recognize it.

Have tried multiple USB-C cables too..

Just for ish and giggles I redownloaded the drivers from Google (https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb.html)

Unzipped those drivers to my desktop, and then double clicked on Mata. Then I said I'd pick the drivers, double clicked on all devices, said "Have disk" and browsed to the driver folder I just unzipped on my desktop. It worked...

Now to flash Lineage..

Reactions: sd_shadow

PowerPC

I think my issue is different and haven't seen anyone reporting. I'm on window 10 and when plugin the phone, in device manager, I saw this "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

No matter what I tried, it just cannot recognize the device. Anyone having same or similar issue?

Thanks.

Or if anyone can find out from your device tree and get the PH-1 Device ID?

Last edited:

PowerPC

I think my issue is different and haven't seen anyone reporting. I'm on window 10 and when plugin the phone, in device manager, I saw this "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

No matter what I tried, it just cannot recognize the device. Anyone having same or similar issue?

Thanks.

Or if anyone can find out from your device tree and get the PH-1 Device ID?

I downloaded the driver from essential website and still got the same issue.

I also tried to use mac with adb.

it works fine in normal boot up and under bootloader using fastboot.

However, if in recovery, it cannot detect any device using "adb devices".

dspolen

Aug 3, 2010
Cleveland
Yeah....I've installed every driver known to man. ADB recognizes the phone until it gets into recovery mode. Then it stops recognizing the phone? I'm at my end here. Haha. Any ideas?? And yes I've followed every instruction on this thread and others as well. I'm not new to ADB or fastboot. I have to be missing something obvious?

Edit: Got it. Apparently there was "one" more driver known to man.

Last edited:

PowerPC

Yeah....I've installed every driver known to man. ADB recognizes the phone until it gets into recovery mode. Then it stops recognizing the phone? I'm at my end here. Haha. Any ideas?? And yes I've followed every instruction on this thread and others as well. I'm not new to ADB or fastboot. I have to be missing something obvious?

At recovvery, if you see no command, hold power button and press volume up button once. You should see a menu for selecting adb sideload.

M@XLOL

Jun 27, 2009
Central Illinois
I keep getting FAILED (remote: Flashing Unlock is not allowed. I can see the device with 'fastboot devices' tried both the google/essential drivers.... any ideas?

Edit: the setting wasn't enabled in dev options... I miss the days of just fastboot flash oem unlock

Last edited:

shaq1612

Sep 26, 2012

Edit: Got it. Apparently there was "one" more driver known to man.

Can you link this last driver please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning if your intent is to Unlock the Bootloader.
    At this time 24 Sept 2017
    There are no Stock Firmware Images, No Custom Recovery, No Root Method.
    Without any of those available Unlocking Bootloader has little Value, and lots of risks.

Official PH-1 windows drivers are up, with Official builds.
    https://essential-live.herokuapp.com/developer/current-builds thanks for update @bmg1001 -14 Nov 2017

I haven't seen any Official Windows USB drivers (adb/fastboot) posted any where so i just used Google Pixel Drivers.

Adb seems to work with Windows default drivers, but i had to update ADB.exe version

If you have never used ADB

Enabling Dev Options

ADB Setup/ Troubleshooting
    See post #3
    Download latest_usb_driver_windows .zip
    Right Click Extract All
    Open Folder latest_usb_driver_windows / USB_Driver
    Right Click android_winusb.inf
    Select Install

Connect Device to PC
    adb reboot-bootloader
    Select Window menu/Settings/Devices/related Settings/Device Manager
    In Device Manager
    Right Click Meta/PH-1
    Select Update Driver
    Browse My Computer for drive Software
    Let me Pick From A List of Available drivers
    Select Android Device
    Select Android ADB Interface
    Click Yes at Update driver Warning
    Close
    Driver selected should be Google 11.0.0.0

If Android ADB Interface is not an option
    Uninstall device in Device Manager
    Then disconnect and reconnect Device
    try again
    Enable Dev Options..

Settings/About phone
    Tap on Build number, until you see "You are now Developer"

Back up one screen (Main Settings Page)
    tap Developer options

Optional
    Toggle on Stay Awake (if you are new to this)

If you are plan on Unlocking Bootloader
    Toggle On OEM unlocking
    Select Enable (on popup window)

Required
    Toggle On USB debugging

Watch for Allow USB debugging popup on Phone
    recommended
    check box Always allow from this computer
    then OK
    Just want to say thanks. I got my phone yesterday noon, and had it all set up unlocked bootloader and rooted in no time. A lot different with the slots - still not exactly clear how that works, but enough to get started. Time to check out some roms..
    updated post 1 a bit