[UN-THEME] Stock ATT 1.83 Deodexed Theme Removal Tool

Search This thread

jimbush3

Mar 11, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Major Update!

This tool was put together based on some request I saw on the boards, and using different snippets of code and a little know-how.

The latest version of Un-Theme-Me is a comprehensive theme removal tool that will undo any currently available applied themes and revert your Motorola Atrix 4G to an ATT 1.83 Deodexed file system files, stock boot animation, maintain your data and even widgets. FYI, I've only tried this on my phone once. I'm not interested in taking multiple runs at re-creating the whole process. I was running a heavily modified version of GingerBlur 3.1 and used this tool to successfully revert back to a Stock ATT 1.83 state with no issues. I then ran the program again just for good measure.

Download
Stock ATT 1.83 Deodexed Theme Removal Tool
- note, this installs 1.83 version files. Verify that you are on ATT version 1.83 in your settings, about phone before using this program. This program may work for other versions in the future.

Your phone will take a REALLY long time to reboot after this is applied. BE PATIENT. The first time I tested this the phone sat on the ATT logo screen that I was halfway through taking off the case to do a battery pull when it started up. Subsequent installs have taken the same amount of time.

To use:
  1. Download the .zip from the link above
  2. Plug your phone into USB - set USB Connection to USB Mass Storage
  3. Place the stock-att-1-8-3.zip file on your SD card
  4. Follow all CWM instructions to eboot to install mode with CWM Recovery
  5. Follow the prompts to install this zip from your SD card

You know the drill, I am not responsible for any "bricking" that may happen to your device. I have only tested it on my phone only.
I RECOMMEND NOT INSTALLING ON A BELL ATRIX.

This program will take your phone back to the stock 1.83 ATT deodexed file system.

Let me reiterate - I have only tested this on MY phone but have been successful in removing all themes I've installed from this site. Thanks and good luck. :D

Before and after shots:
cb2.0notification.png
-------
1.83stock.png

(don't worry about the times in the status bar, the Cool Blue image is a few days old :) )

p.s. - it also maintains root access :D:cool::D.

Stock ATT 1.83 Deodexed Theme Removal Tool File List:
  1. Stock 1.83 system/app (deodexed) folder (minues gmail because it caused FCs when included)
  2. Stock 1.83 system/framework(deodexed) folder
  3. Stock system/media/bootanimation.zip
  4. Stock system/fonts
  5. Stock system/lib/libjni_latinime.so
  6. Stock build.prop

Last edited:

jimbush3

Mar 11, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks for the bump, currently working on a full CWM version for removing complete themes like kennethpenns.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Paschalis

Mar 25, 2009
very usefull!! :)

unthemed okay, but returning boot animation to stock didnt worked for me.

Paschalis

Mar 25, 2009
Stock boot animation is just the moto one? Or and the att one?

NguyenHuu

Nov 14, 2007
California
isnt this a bit tricky since those files may have changed if you going to different roms (1.26, 1.52, 1.57, etc) and might get bootloop?

jimbush3

Mar 11, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
You're right and I'll add a disclaimer to the op regarding the version used by this until I can build some kind of version checking into the program. Boot shouldn't be affected.

jimbush3

Mar 11, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Bumping to the top of the list for my major update - check original post of this thread for Stock ATT 1.83 Deodexed Theme Removal tool. Will remove any theme you've got.

Rev1vaL

Aug 9, 2010
dallas
I wish I would've seen this last night. Installed matted blue theme, then decided I didn't want it. Ended up just doing a restore from cwm which worked beautifully.

Thanks for this though

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey
I know this will remove any themes I have, but will it remove P-ROMs such as Gladatrix?

An even better question would be will this remove the theme I put over top of gladiatrix? cause I wanna remove the theme for now but keep gladiatrix. I'm betting it will take most of the gladiatrix elements out to which I dont want to do.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Major Update!

This tool was put together based on some request I saw on the boards, and using different snippets of code and a little know-how.

The latest version of Un-Theme-Me is a comprehensive theme removal tool that will undo any currently available applied themes and revert your Motorola Atrix 4G to an ATT 1.83 Deodexed file system files, stock boot animation, maintain your data and even widgets. FYI, I've only tried this on my phone once. I'm not interested in taking multiple runs at re-creating the whole process. I was running a heavily modified version of GingerBlur 3.1 and used this tool to successfully revert back to a Stock ATT 1.83 state with no issues. I then ran the program again just for good measure.

Download
    Stock ATT 1.83 Deodexed Theme Removal Tool
    - note, this installs 1.83 version files. Verify that you are on ATT version 1.83 in your settings, about phone before using this program. This program may work for other versions in the future.

Your phone will take a REALLY long time to reboot after this is applied. BE PATIENT. The first time I tested this the phone sat on the ATT logo screen that I was halfway through taking off the case to do a battery pull when it started up. Subsequent installs have taken the same amount of time.

To use:
    1. Download the .zip from the link above
    2. Plug your phone into USB - set USB Connection to USB Mass Storage
    3. Place the stock-att-1-8-3.zip file on your SD card
    4. Follow all CWM instructions to eboot to install mode with CWM Recovery
    5. Follow the prompts to install this zip from your SD card

You know the drill, I am not responsible for any "bricking" that may happen to your device. I have only tested it on my phone only.
    I RECOMMEND NOT INSTALLING ON A BELL ATRIX.

This program will take your phone back to the stock 1.83 ATT deodexed file system.

Let me reiterate - I have only tested this on MY phone but have been successful in removing all themes I've installed from this site. Thanks and good luck. :D

Before and after shots:
    cb2.0notification.png
    -------
    1.83stock.png

(don't worry about the times in the status bar, the Cool Blue image is a few days old :) )

p.s. - it also maintains root access :D:cool::D.

Stock ATT 1.83 Deodexed Theme Removal Tool File List:
    1. Stock 1.83 system/app (deodexed) folder (minues gmail because it caused FCs when included)
    2. Stock 1.83 system/framework(deodexed) folder
    3. Stock system/media/bootanimation.zip
    4. Stock system/fonts
    5. Stock system/lib/libjni_latinime.so
    6. Stock build.prop
    An even better question would be will this remove the theme I put over top of gladiatrix? cause I wanna remove the theme for now but keep gladiatrix. I'm betting it will take most of the gladiatrix elements out to which I dont want to do.

The best way to remove a theme from Gladiatrix is to re-install Gladiatrix, it should replace all the files affected by a theme with original GA files. This theme-remover will strip away a good part of GA.