Unable to boot GT-P6200 in recovery mode

Search This thread

Ces123

Jan 7, 2013
Hi

I cannot get my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (GT-P6200) to boot in recovery mode.

I tried the following:
1) Switch off the Tab.
2) Press the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously until I see the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus" screen, then release the Power button and keep pressing the Volume Up button. The tab then get's stuck on the Samsung screen, even if I release the Volume Up button. It stays on this screen indefinitely, only option is to reboot by keeping the power button pressed for 5 seconds.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ovox0

Feb 21, 2014
same issue

I am having the same issue as well. My tab gets stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus" screen and does not move on from that. When i try to boot in recovery mode the screen is just black and slightly illuminated. Please help

Hi

I cannot get my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (GT-P6200) to boot in recovery mode.

I tried the following:
1) Switch off the Tab.
2) Press the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously until I see the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus" screen, then release the Power button and keep pressing the Volume Up button. The tab then get's stuck on the Samsung screen, even if I release the Volume Up button. It stays on this screen indefinitely, only option is to reboot by keeping the power button pressed for 5 seconds.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Aeolian1916

Mar 16, 2014
same problem I'm having with my Samsung Gt-p6200, it just boot-loops to the "samsung galaxy tab 7.0" boot loading screen and hangs.. these happened after i flashed my firmware from stock honeycomb to jellybean(the austria firmware, i think that's been posted in this forum).

here's what happened before the problem:
-I flash the stock honeycomb firmware with the jellybean one that i found here..

-after i flashed using ODIN, the new firmware works great, i was even informed that i have free 50GB worth of dropbox space,
the file was named P6200XXMC3_P6200OXAMC3_ATO

- I have used it for a day, until the battery drains and i have to charge, but when i opened it again, it already does this "boot loop" problem

- i have tried flashing CWM with ODIN(as i've read here somewhere that it might help) and do that wipe cache and factory reset thing but that didnt help solved the problem.

hope anyone could help me, im also thinking flashing it back to it's original stock firmware but I dont have a backup of that and I dont know where to get one, I've been searching the net for two days for that stock rom but all i found are the new jellybean ones and some old ones but is uploaded to hotfile which is now deleted or locked.

I hope you guys could help me out and thanks in advance!

jvgabs

Oct 25, 2014
I am having the same issue as well. My tab gets stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus" screen and does not move on from that. When i try to boot in recovery mode the screen is just black and slightly illuminated. Please help

Hello guys! Im also having this same issue.

*Using the same firmware that was posted here in xda because i was having trouble downloading those official jellybean firmwares
*The battery got drained
then if i charge it, it will remain in a "blank slightly illuminated screen"
* after a few munutes, the tab gets really warm.
*but if i dont charge it, it will get drained again because it keeps on turning on itself back to this time to the "galaxy tab plus screen"

I cant access recovery mode.
I can access odin mode and can flash successfully with cwm or the same firmware back but the problem still persist.

I havent tried other firmwares though.
4 days passed already and i cant figure this out :(

Please help

skurys

Feb 15, 2013
So I had this happen to me yesterday, where it rebooted randomly on me, only to freeze on the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus screen. I had custom recovery (TWRP) don't know if that matters, but I was able to access it by holding Power+UpVol but keep it held. It would freeze on the same spot but since I was still holding the keys it reboots a second time and this time it would go into recovery.

I then wipes cache and dalvik, no go. Sadly did a full wipe. Still no going past the tab plus text. So I flash MF1 official 4.1.2 firmware (I was previously on 4.1.2 UK official) still no go. Put in latest 2.8 TWRP and booted into it still with some trouble as I mentioned above. Did another wipe and it then hung on blank screen or so I thought. Took a long time to boot and after a long time, and the Android is upgrading message, by some weird chance I was on the MF1 official rom but all my apps settings everything was saved.

Working 100% now and I still don't really know what the hell happened. But if this helps anyone then all the better!

aman4u21

Dec 8, 2017
My samsung p6200 is woking almost fine but i am not able to go into the download mode when i press volume down button and power the screen is at samsung logo it stays for a while and then it restarts from there,its the stock rom that's messd up i belive any help how to go into downlod mose other way would b apriciated