Unable to boot into any non-samsung based custom ROMs on N975f

Search This thread

mancaalberto

Jul 3, 2013
Hi. I've posted this under the liniage thread, but I'm hoping more people will see it here since it's not a liniage specific problem, but rather something to do with my device or me. Any help would be greatly appreciated:
I am on the stock Samsung u3 Q firmware and I cannot get any custom Rom working, except for DR. Ketan which is based on the Samsung stock, but otherwise works great, root and all. My main purpose is to get to u1. I've tried liniage 17, 16, lightrom, crdroid and nemesis, all with the same result: after successfully flashing in TWRP, the phone restarts and does not boot. first it does another restart, then goes into download mode on some roms, and recovery in others. I'm sure I'm missing something, or doing something wrong, but I can swear I've followed all the instructions. Any guess to what that might be, or what I can try?

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
There is no roll back with bootloaders, I have never tried something of the sort, but it has been said over and over again that bootloaders can not be downgraded

mancaalberto

Jul 3, 2013
Would that mean that any device with a higher than u1 bootloader will not work with custom roms? That doesn't sound right to me.. Perhaps I haven't asked my question well enough, so first, I'd like to figure out why custom non-samsung based roms all fail on boot.

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Would that mean that any device with a higher than u1 bootloader will not work with custom roms? That doesn't sound right to me.. Perhaps I haven't asked my question well enough, so first, I'd like to figure out why custom non-samsung based roms all fail on boot.
You said you were on U3. If so, you cannot load ANY rom with a U1 bootloader. Period.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mancaalberto

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
All firmwares, or ROMS, official or custom, have a bootloader version, newer ones have higher number version, you can not install anything with a lower bootloader number than the currently installed one, no matter if official or custom or whatever, this can not be circumvented in any way, so, if your current firmware has a bootloader 3, (U3) as you posted, you will be able to install roms (custom or official) with bootloader number 3 or higher, that's it, I hope you got it this time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You said you were on U3. If so, you cannot load ANY rom with a U1 bootloader. Period.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk