Unable to boot into TWRP recovey

Search This thread

semperfi0510

Oct 21, 2019
Hi ya'll. I have recently bought a Xiaomi Redmi note 7, and I wish to install a different ROM (Resurrection Remix). Though in order to do so I must of course flash the TWRP recovery. The flash itself seems to be successful as can be seen in the log I attached, but when I try to reboot into recovery it just enters the old default recovery of the device.

I have looked up in the internet and found some possible ways to solve the issue, which all failed. For example trying to enter with pressing power+volume up+volume down, just power+volume up or any combination possible with those buttons. Also tried to use the command
Code:
adb reboot recovery
which only works when the device is turned on and in system mode.
Tried entering with pressing power+volume up+volume down, just power+volume up or any combination possible with those buttons. I have also tried using the command
Code:
fastboot flash boot recovery.img
right after flashing the recovery, and then though to use the TWRP commandlines somehow, but i didn't really knew how actually.
All these trials failed as been said.

The most probable cause I have found for this problem was in a nother forum (can't enter the link for some reason...) stating that when I reboot into the device normally into the system, it automatically installs the old recovery mode again, over the TWRP recovery, and so I must try and enter the TWRP recovery immediately after I flashed it, before I get to reboot into system. But the thing is that when I try to do so, pressing any button combination that is supposed to get me into recovery, just boots the device into bootloader again. Any other combination just reboots into system. So it is possible to get into recovery only when I turn of the device completely, and then try and enter reboot. Though in order to turn it of I must reboot into system first.

So that's my story guys, really hope someone can help me cause the MIUI ROM is just horrible.
Thanks and have a nice one :)

The ADB log of the flash:
Untitled.jpg

Reactions: nishat islam

semperfi0510

Oct 21, 2019
fastboot reboot recovery
Or was it adb reboot recovery?
without installation
fastboot boot recovery.img

Helpful?

Well I'm not sure if I understood what you meant, but this is what I tried
Capture.jpg

Again with no success...

Using the "boot" command didn't change anything visual in the device. Also the command is "adb reboot recovery" and not "fastboot reboot recovery" as you can see in the log.

Still thank you very much for your attempts to help :)

semperfi0510

Oct 21, 2019
And fastboot boot recovery.img and the flash the recovery.zip don't work?
Normally ur phone boot the recovery.img without flashing...
Which recovery?
I flashed orangefox
I am note sure what is orangefox, but it seems that I still need to get into the TWRP recovery mode in order to install it.
If you mean to ask which version of TWRP I am using, then I tried a few different versions, including the latest.
As for using the boot first and then flashing the recovery (I guess you meant the "recovery.img" file) that too didn't work, and still goes into fastboot instead of recovery.

But now actually when I tried using the latest TWRP version, and then the "fastboot boot recovery.img" it finally gave me some failure message, though only after I flashed the recovery. This you can see in the attached log.
Capture3.jpg

Thank you very much.

joke19

Feb 23, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I am note sure what is orangefox, but it seems that I still need to get into the TWRP recovery mode in order to install it.
If you mean to ask which version of TWRP I am using, then I tried a few different versions, including the latest.
As for using the boot first and then flashing the recovery (I guess you meant the "recovery.img" file) that too didn't work, and still goes into fastboot instead of recovery.

But now actually when I tried using the latest TWRP version, and then the "fastboot boot recovery.img" it finally gave me some failure message, though only after I flashed the recovery. This you can see in the attached log.

Thank you very much.
Note 7 Pro is Violet and lavender is note 7!

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/re.../official-orangefox-recovery-project-t3941822
I'm a big fan :victory:

semperfi0510

Oct 21, 2019
Yes guys the problem with this specific TWRP version was that it was for violet, though the original problem was still with a lavender version (yes my device is a lavender).
Though I managed to solve the problem eventually, even though I'm not really sure how. I think it is because I flashed a different "boot.img" file.
Since I accidentally used "fastboot flash boot recovery.img" instead of "fastboot boot recovery.img", I erased the device "boot into system" (I think so), then I flashed an original "boot.img" taken from the MIUI stock ROM using "fastboot flash boot boot.img". I'm not sure why, but after that the original TWRP I used finally stuck, and I could get into the TWRP recovery mode normally (using power+volume up).
My opinion is that the original "boot.img" file I had, somehow interrupted flash the TWRP, but IDK.
Anyway thanks very much for the help!!! Have a nice one. :)

Hageni

Apr 5, 2011
Since I accidentally used "fastboot flash boot recovery.img" instead of "fastboot boot recovery.img", I erased the device "boot into system" (I think so), then I flashed an original "boot.img" taken from the MIUI stock ROM using "fastboot flash boot boot.img".

I have the exact same issue with violet. I am stuck in an infinite fastboot loop. Can you remember the order of the commands?

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot format userdata
fastboot flash boot boot.img

then when I press POWER+VOLUME UP it takes me back into the damn fastboot. Damn Chinese PoS

misha-plus

May 5, 2021
I've solved this in this way:
1. Boot to Fastboot
2. Flash the TWRP "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"
3. Boot to TWRP through ".img" file "fastboot boot twrp.img"
4. In TWRP interface selected "Reboot -> Recovery"

Dimitrys _AF

Aug 9, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F1
I have the same problem I'm using a pine (Redmi 7a) phone and god damn that make me angry a friend some how I think he wanned to change rom and it bricked it I mean the firmware is still there but the phone doesn't have ROM neither not a custom recovery all is FASTBOOT the recovery and the bootloader is FASTBOOT and so I tried to flash TWRP the CMD says all is ok flashed and its not ****ING boot to TWRP it boots to FASTBOOT again, any idea how to fix that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi ya'll. I have recently bought a Xiaomi Redmi note 7, and I wish to install a different ROM (Resurrection Remix). Though in order to do so I must of course flash the TWRP recovery. The flash itself seems to be successful as can be seen in the log I attached, but when I try to reboot into recovery it just enters the old default recovery of the device.

I have looked up in the internet and found some possible ways to solve the issue, which all failed. For example trying to enter with pressing power+volume up+volume down, just power+volume up or any combination possible with those buttons. Also tried to use the command
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    which only works when the device is turned on and in system mode.
    Tried entering with pressing power+volume up+volume down, just power+volume up or any combination possible with those buttons. I have also tried using the command
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot recovery.img
    right after flashing the recovery, and then though to use the TWRP commandlines somehow, but i didn't really knew how actually.
    All these trials failed as been said.

The most probable cause I have found for this problem was in a nother forum (can't enter the link for some reason...) stating that when I reboot into the device normally into the system, it automatically installs the old recovery mode again, over the TWRP recovery, and so I must try and enter the TWRP recovery immediately after I flashed it, before I get to reboot into system. But the thing is that when I try to do so, pressing any button combination that is supposed to get me into recovery, just boots the device into bootloader again. Any other combination just reboots into system. So it is possible to get into recovery only when I turn of the device completely, and then try and enter reboot. Though in order to turn it of I must reboot into system first.

So that's my story guys, really hope someone can help me cause the MIUI ROM is just horrible.
    Thanks and have a nice one :)

The ADB log of the flash:
    Untitled.jpg