Unable to change bootanimation in CM10

Search This thread

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Fremont
So, I just went into /system/media and replaced the CM9 Bootanimation with the CM10 one. Now, when I reboot, my bootanimation just shows as the blue rippling android. Is there something else I need to change in order for this to work? I tried multiple boot ani's but all just go straight to the blue rippling android. Now I can't even go back to the CM9 Boot.

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
So, I just went into /system/media and replaced the CM9 Bootanimation with the CM10 one. Now, when I reboot, my bootanimation just shows as the blue rippling android. Is there something else I need to change in order for this to work? I tried multiple boot ani's but all just go straight to the blue rippling android. Now I can't even go back to the CM9 Boot.

I changed the bootanimation on mine and it works fine. Initially I had the same issue, where it became the blue rippling android logo. But then I reflashed it again n it worked fine. Does your bootanimation maker have a cwm flashable version as well ?maybe u can try that way too. I did both ways n works either way.

Which bootanimation r u using btw ?

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app