• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Unable to convert any app into system app (Rooted)

Search This thread

Steps Parku

Jun 30, 2014
So I am rooted, got android lost installed, the app that offers some useful features in case your phone falls into wrong hands. However I've been struggling to convert the app onto a system app in order to prevent it being wiped out in case the unfriendly fellow performs a system wipe.

All attempts to convert this app and any other app into system app fails with error message 'no space on system storage' I've tried this using apps2sd, link2sd, root essentials and all failed annoyingly.

Is there any specific way to get this done on Android 11 on the OnePlus 9 series. I've had no issues doing this on my 7pro, 6T and OnePlus 8.

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Oberhausen (NRW) Gemany
The op9 have dynamic partition with a where so far (system, vendor, system-ext) are write-protected. if you want to install an app as a system app you have to do it with magisk modul app systemizer and a therminal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210913-230014.jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-230014.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 31

Steps Parku

Jun 30, 2014
That's extremely helpful. But after installing the module. Can you help with any specific method making an app a system app? I am kinda stuck on what to do after installing the module. Thanks a million.

That's extremely helpful. But after installing the module. Can you help with any specific method making an app a system app? I am kinda stuck on what to do after installing the module. Thanks a million.
Download terminal emulator from store.
Open terminal.
Type su
Type systemize
Select app you want then select app or private app dir to move it to

Steps Parku

Jun 30, 2014
Thanks a million bud. I got everything now. However I still couldn't systemize the app I wanted. The current version 17.5, is it compatible with Android 11?

Download terminal emulator from store.
Open terminal.
Type su
Type systemize
Select app you want then select app or private app dir to move it to
Thanks a million bud. I got everything now. However I still couldn't systemize the app I wanted. The current version 17.5, is it compatible with Android 11?
did this work.? with module and terminal, no option allows to make app system. nor does files show any 3rd party app in data... Screenshot_20210914-112247.jpg

Zeus0fyork

Nov 30, 2020
So I am rooted, got android lost installed, the app that offers some useful features in case your phone falls into wrong hands. However I've been struggling to convert the app onto a system app in order to prevent it being wiped out in case the unfriendly fellow performs a system wipe.

All attempts to convert this app and any other app into system app fails with error message 'no space on system storage' I've tried this using apps2sd, link2sd, root essentials and all failed annoyingly.

Is there any specific way to get this done on Android 11 on the OnePlus 9 series. I've had no issues doing this on my 7pro, 6T and OnePlus 8.
Here's what happened. The Magisk module Systemize lost support from the original dev. You can no longer on Android 11 and up select the app from the list(because it doesn't list of does list but is random characters instead of names). HOWEVER, you can download the app APK from APKmirror.com or other sites, find the file path and copy it e.g. /sdcard/download/yourapp.apk go to Systemize in terminal by opening terminal and typing

Su
Systemize
(Select option 3) 3 - Systemize given apk
Paste the file path of the downloaded apk
Choose if you want system or priv-system
Voila

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka

-install the app the normal way
-copy it's folder from data/app to somewhere you remember
-rename it to something clear with no space like "lost" (also rename the apk inside)
-uninstall the app
-open Mixplorer or any file explorer and give it root access
-go to system/app and paste that folder and give it 755 permission
-reboot

if still not work use the recovery file manager to paste on system/app (after mounting system)

Reactions: Steps Parku

Zeus0fyork

Nov 30, 2020
-copy it's folder from data/app
-rename it to something clear with no space like "lost" also rename the apk inside
-uninstall the app
-reboot

if still not work use the recovery file manager to paste on system/app (after mounting system)
System folder is read only. You use the Magisk module to Systemize. See my above post

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here's what happened. The Magisk module Systemize lost support from the original dev. You can no longer on Android 11 and up select the app from the list(because it doesn't list of does list but is random characters instead of names). HOWEVER, you can download the app APK from APKmirror.com or other sites, find the file path and copy it e.g. /sdcard/download/yourapp.apk go to Systemize in terminal by opening terminal and typing

Su
    Systemize
    (Select option 3) 3 - Systemize given apk
    Paste the file path of the downloaded apk
    Choose if you want system or priv-system
    Voila

-copy it's folder from data/app to somewhere you remember
    -rename it to something clear with no space like "lost" (also rename the apk inside)
    -uninstall the app
    -reboot