Question Unable to copy file to system/priv-app

Search This thread

hospadam

Feb 1, 2006
Hey - Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I'm stuck. I've installed an app via Google Play, and I'd like to move it from /data/app to /system/priv-app (I was instructed to do this to enable extra features on the app). I can browse to /data/app and I see a big list of crazy-character folders, and I locate the one with the folder inside I need. I try and cut/paste that file into system/priv-app using Root Explorer. It prompts me "The current file system is read-only. Do you want to remount as read-write and continue?" I click yes, and then the move fails.

I'm using Magisk and I've granted Root Explorer superuser permissions.

Am I missing something painfully obvious here?

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Try it from the console and see what error it gives you. You can also provide output of a couple of commands, "mount" (show the mount parameters for all mounted filesystems) and "df -h" (show free space).

This a factory system image or AOSP?

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
While is is possible to edit the system partition, I highly recommend you don't do that. In order to do that, you would need to edit the super and vbmeta partitions. There is a scripted solution to do that (here), but I've never used it.
A much easier solution would be to use Magisk's mirror partitions that allow you to virtually override/add/remove elements for the system/vendor/product partitions. Create a simple Magisk module or use /data/adb/magisk (read the Magisk documentation)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While is is possible to edit the system partition, I highly recommend you don't do that. In order to do that, you would need to edit the super and vbmeta partitions. There is a scripted solution to do that (here), but I've never used it.
    A much easier solution would be to use Magisk's mirror partitions that allow you to virtually override/add/remove elements for the system/vendor/product partitions. Create a simple Magisk module or use /data/adb/magisk (read the Magisk documentation)
    system partition is write protected.
    You might have luck using Magisk module for privileged apps