Question Unable to decrypt data on Android 12

Search This thread

carlens.la

Jun 7, 2022
I am using the official TWRP (version 3.6) and I am currently on Evolution X 6.0 (Android 12). I am trying to reflash the ROM but whenever I try to wipe dalvik or data, TWRP fails to. Also internal storage contents are unreadable in TWRP. I have also been suggested to use MiFlashTool to go back to MIUI and then reflash evo x. The problem is MiFlashTool doesn't seem to be working (doesn't detect device, I have all firmware and Mi Unlock (bootloader unlocker) also detected the phone. Fastboot also detects it.
It would be helpful if someone can suggest a way to surpass these issues. A working MiFlashTool should work. Also, maybe, a TWRP that can decrypt data should also work (I have removed the screen lock).
it's already support decrypt data A12 but make sure your rom before doesn't have/ already removed any security lock screen

Last edited:

Andreasgbrv2

Jun 23, 2022
With dfe and with lockscreen, you can view the internal storage ?
You can view storage without DFE,I tried and new skkk TWRP can decrypt your data.I installed crDroid,stock MIUI an Xiaomi.eu without problems,just download latest TWRP for your device,rename this to TWRP.img,put your phone in fastboot mode go to your PC and use fastboot boot TWRP.img.After you boot in TWRP go to advanced and select install recovery ramdisk.!you need to have same TWRP image on your device storage and PC!https://dl.akr-developers.com/?file...-RedmiK40_v3.6.2_A12-alioth-skkk_442bc266.img --download from here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnn78

Johnn78

Apr 19, 2016
You can view storage without DFE,I tried and new skkk TWRP can decrypt your data.I installed crDroid,stock MIUI an Xiaomi.eu without problems,just download latest TWRP for your device,rename this to TWRP.img,put your phone in fastboot mode go to your PC and use fastboot boot TWRP.img.After you boot in TWRP go to advanced and select install recovery ramdisk.!you need to have same TWRP image on your device storage and PC!https://dl.akr-developers.com/?file...-RedmiK40_v3.6.2_A12-alioth-skkk_442bc266.img --download from here.
You are the best bro. I downloaded and I flashed it via my current twrp with option install in ramdisk and now the new twrp accept my pattern to decrypt data. If this file, I had before one month then I would have saved my data and wouldn't need to format the internal storage so that to clear the decryption. Thanks again !

Top Liked Posts