Question Unable to decrypt data on Android 12

Search This thread

AnishDe12020

I am using the official TWRP (version 3.6) and I am currently on Evolution X 6.0 (Android 12). I am trying to reflash the ROM but whenever I try to wipe dalvik or data, TWRP fails to. Also internal storage contents are unreadable in TWRP. I have also been suggested to use MiFlashTool to go back to MIUI and then reflash evo x. The problem is MiFlashTool doesn't seem to be working (doesn't detect device, I have all firmware and Mi Unlock (bootloader unlocker) also detected the phone. Fastboot also detects it.

It would be helpful if someone can suggest a way to surpass these issues. A working MiFlashTool should work. Also, maybe, a TWRP that can decrypt data should also work (I have removed the screen lock).

pitufimanuel

Feb 14, 2014
Try use SKK TWRP by Camerado (download from here), it's already support decrypt data A12 but make sure your rom before doesn't have/ already removed any security lock screen
Thank you very much, it worked for me, I had the problem described in this thread, I went from miui eu 12.5 to 13, and I had the problem that with any recovery it appeared that it had the data encrypted and there was no way to decrypt it, I put the password and it did not it worked, it seems that the problem was android 12
My device: poco f3

AnishDe12020

Thank you very much, it worked for me, I had the problem described in this thread, I went from miui eu 12.5 to 13, and I had the problem that with any recovery it appeared that it had the data encrypted and there was no way to decrypt it, I put the password and it did not it worked, it seems that the problem was android 12
My device: poco f3
Were you able to go back to MIUI 12.5? If so, you did it via the recovery right? Also, can you let me know the exact steps?

Johnn78

Apr 19, 2016
I also have decrypt problem in my Poco F3 Android 12 in twrp. I tried the skkk twrp but the problem is not solved. When you go to decryp user, even if I give the correct pattern it says abut failed decrypt user.

I also have decrypt problem in my Poco F3 Android 12 in twrp. I tried the skkk twrp but the problem is not solved. When you go to decryp user, even if I give the correct pattern it says abut failed decrypt user.
you must remove or delete any all of your screen lock (pin, password, fingerprint, pattern etc) from rom settings before reboot into skkk twrp, then you can see your internal storage in skkk twrp.

Johnn78

Apr 19, 2016
you must remove or delete any all of your screen lock (pin, password, fingerprint, pattern etc) from rom settings before reboot into skkk twrp, then you can see your internal storage in skkk twrp.
I had removed the lockscreen and now doesn't require to decrypt data in beginning but when I go to file manager then it doesn't show the internal data and in mount menu, it says decrypt data about internal data. Only if you connect mobile to pc then you don't see the internal data but appear it as empty drive in which you can transfer new files to the empty drive and it will appear them to file manager of twrp. In other words you can view only need transferred files and not the files which are already in data partition until to decrypt the data while I haven't put some code for unlocking phone.

I had removed the lockscreen and now doesn't require to decrypt data in beginning but when I go to file manager then it doesn't show the internal data and in mount menu, it says decrypt data about internal data. Only if you connect mobile to pc then you don't see the internal data but appear it as empty drive in which you can transfer new files to the empty drive and it will appear them to file manager of twrp. In other words you can view only need transferred files and not the files which are already in data partition until to decrypt the data while I haven't put some code for unlocking phone.
what twrp you used..?, are you sure you're using latest skkk twrp version that download from here..? also did you use/ flash dfe to decrypt data..?, and what rom..?

Johnn78

Apr 19, 2016
what twrp you used..?, are you sure you're using latest skkk twrp version that download from here..? also did you use/ flash dfe to decrypt data..?, and what rom..?

I have Poco F3 13.0.3.0. As many decrypt zip I i tried to flash, either the zip was failed to be flashed either was successful but the decreption was not disappeared.

What does it suppose that you can do with skkk version by comparing with official twrp version ? Does Skkk support Android 12 for decryption ? If (supposed) yes then you should have unlocked the mobile or it (is supposed) that work and with locked mobile such it happens in Android 11 ?

I have Poco F3 13.0.3.0. As many decrypt zip I i tried to flash, either the zip was failed to be flashed either was successful but the decreption was not disappeared.

What does it suppose that you can do with skkk version by comparing with official twrp version ? Does Skkk support Android 12 for decryption ? If (supposed) yes then you should have unlocked the mobile or it (is supposed) that work and with locked mobile such it happens in Android 11 ?
i don't fully understand what you write above..but i've never tried skkk twrp in miui 13 A12 rom, also i've never used dfe to decrypt

diff between official..skkk twrp indeed doesn't fully decrypted you A12 data partition...but at least it can showing your internal storage while you don't have / remove any kind of lockscreen set in your rom settings before, also without or don't need to use dfe to decrypt your A12 data to get showing your internal storage in skkk twrp (at least in aosp custom rom that i've using it from the first time)

Johnn78

Apr 19, 2016
i don't fully understand what you write above..but i've never tried skkk twrp in miui 13 A12 rom, also i've never used dfe to decrypt

diff between official..skkk twrp indeed doesn't fully decrypted you A12 data partition...but at least it can showing your internal storage while you don't have / remove any kind of lockscreen set in your rom settings before, also without or don't need to use dfe to decrypt your A12 data to get showing your internal storage in skkk twrp (at least in aosp custom rom that i've using it from the first time)
All the problem starts from the time which address to Android 12. Try it in Android 12 and check by yourself if you can view all the data of internal storage either your mobile is locked or not.

Johnn78

Apr 19, 2016
On instructions, says about formatting or wipe before flashing the dfe.zip. If I am on twrp and haven't the ability to view the data of my internal storage then the format is NOT solution because then I will lose all the data. And also via formatting, the decreption will be erased which means that the dfe may be useless except if it has other sense and I haven't understood well.

All the problem starts from the time which address to Android 12. Try it in Android 12 and check by yourself if you can view all the data of internal storage either your mobile is locked or not.
I am..until now i'm still using skkk twrp and can view my internal storage with A12.1 rom (off course without any screen lock), else if i'm lazy to remove my lockscreen, i'm just doing adb sideload to flash updating rom or else, but i never using or flashing dfe to decrypt data partition, bcz always doing clean flash for migrate to diff rom, and majority have data already had backup in my pc

On instructions, says about formatting or wipe before flashing the dfe.zip. If I am on twrp and haven't the ability to view the data of my internal storage then the format is NOT solution because then I will lose all the data. And also via formatting, the decreption will be erased which means that the dfe may be useless except if it has other sense and I haven't understood well.
Like i said above i never use dfe..but what i know about dfe is you must doing formatting data just for the first time of using dfe, next you migrating rom, you don't need to formatting data again, just need flash dfe after flashing rom, beside that you can refer to dfe thread or telegram to get more detail or asking how to using it properly

Johnn78

Apr 19, 2016
I am..until now i'm still using skkk twrp and can view my internal storage with A12.1 rom (off course without any screen lock), else if i'm lazy to remove my lockscreen, i'm just doing adb sideload to flash updating rom or else, but i never using or flashing dfe to decrypt data partition, bcz always doing clean flash for migrate to diff rom, and majority have data already had backup in my pc

Like i said above i never use dfe..but what i know about dfe is you must doing formatting data just for the first time of using dfe, next you migrating rom, you don't need to formatting data again, just need flash dfe after flashing rom, beside that you can refer to dfe thread or telegram to get more detail or asking how to using it properly
If you set lock screen, then can you view the content of internal storage on Android 12 ?

Johnn78

Apr 19, 2016
Just imo maybe...I can't sure 100% answer this..bcz like i said before, i'm never using dfe until now, so i don't have experience with dfe things.
Ok because I asked you before if you can view the internal storage contents with lock screen on Android 12 and you answered "Without dfe no... " by implying that with dfe the answer is yes.

Top Liked Posts