Question Unable to disable night light/blue light filter

Search This thread
Oct 17, 2018
So I bought Xiaomi 11T today and transferred all my apps and settings from my high previous phone Xiaomi Mi A1. The issue is that I had a schedule which enabled DND mode and Night Light mode to help against blue light at night time. Now I can't disable night light and there is a yellowish tint on the screen. I have tried turning off the schedule in settings, restarting the phone, installed Activity Launcher to no avail and everything that was posted on forums on XDA. Please help me out. This is driving me crazy. Guide me through it or remotely control the device and disable it. But please help me with this.

Oct 17, 2018
Try this: display -> color scheme -> adaptive colors (turn it off)
Okay so it turns out that the settings from my previous phone are still present in my new one because today it again turned yellow at exactly 11:30 p.m. which was the schedule I had for NIGHT LIGHT on the previous phone and I'm sure it will turn off at 7 a.m.(it did yesterday). I did turn off the schedule on the new phone but it didn't help and the settings from the old one are overriding the settings on the new. And I have no idea how to turn off that setting or to remove that setting from my Google account. So could you please help me with that? As you can see, schedule is off and so is the reading mode.
Could you help me with that?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-11-23-50-58-140_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-11-23-50-58-140_com.android.settings.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Screenshot_2021-12-11-23-51-05-068_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-11-23-51-05-068_com.android.settings.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 191
Oct 17, 2018
Sorry but i cant help you with that. Something that i would try if i were you is clearing data of settings app and see if it helps or not but i cant guarantee anything.
Okay so I cleared both, the data and cache of settings app, but nothing happened sadly. Tried looking through Google's settings, but still didn't find anything.
I am unable to understand that how can a setting be affective if it is not even available. Anyways, I hope someone can get me out of this. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Reactions: ApexPrime

ApexPrime

Assuming you used mi mover to transfer your data from your old phone to your new one, there is an option to select the types of data you want to sync (eg music, videos etc) and if i recall correctly, there is also an option to sync settings or not. If you still have your old phone, you can factory reset the new one and sync data again but this time, dont sync settings. That might fix it but it involves a lot of effort and time and theres also no guarantee that issue will get fixed so its up to you.

Reactions: White T-Poison
Oct 17, 2018
Assuming you used mi mover to transfer your data from your old phone to your new one, there is an option to select the types of data you want to sync (eg music, videos etc) and if i recall correctly, there is also an option to sync settings or not. If you still have your old phone, you can factory reset the new one and sync data again but this time, dont sync settings. That might fix it but it involves a lot of effort and time and theres also no guarantee that issue will get fixed so its up to you.
No, I didn't use any mover or data transfer app. I just used my Google account to bring all the apps, photos and other data from my old phone. So the settings I had with the old one came, which I wanted but now that I can't turn it off or on at my will is bugging me. And I have already finished setting up my new phone and downloaded everything so factory resetting it is difficult. Also, I factory reset the old one. So there's that. 😂😅 I sent an email to Xiaomi support and the reply I got wasn't actually the solution. But then I sent them a bug report via their feedback settings, so hopefully they will come up with a solution and reply ASAP.

ghzmhrm

Dec 12, 2021
Okay, I made an account to answer your question hahaha

I've been experiencing the exact same thing as you when I move from my old android to the Poco F3, I found a solution from Reddit by installing 3rd party launcher and doing the configuration there (you can uninstall it after you finished the configuration stuff), here is the link to the Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS9/comments/85blz5
I hope that will help you!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018

I've been experiencing the exact same thing as you when I move from my old android to the Poco F3, I found a solution from Reddit by installing 3rd party launcher and doing the configuration there (you can uninstall it after you finished the configuration stuff), here is the link to the Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS9/comments/85blz5
Dude, I really appreciate you making an account just for that. Thank you.
So I did exactly as it is written in the post, but I couldn't find the NIGHT LIGHT option in the settings of Nova Launcher Activity widget. The post and the video says "Activities" widget, but I'm sure that it got changed and is irrelevant. But as you can see in the screenshot below, the option isn't there. I don't know why there isn't an option like that. I hope I find a solution soon.
But again, thanks for the help tho.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-12-19-17-48-383_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-12-19-17-48-383_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 61
Oct 17, 2018
So I bought Xiaomi 11T today and transferred all my apps and settings from my high previous phone Xiaomi Mi A1. The issue is that I had a schedule which enabled DND mode and Night Light mode to help against blue light at night time. Now I can't disable night light and there is a yellowish tint on the screen. I have tried turning off the schedule in settings, restarting the phone, installed Activity Launcher to no avail and everything that was posted on forums on XDA. Please help me out. This is driving me crazy. Guide me through it or remotely control the device and disable it. But please help me with this.
Okay so I found the solution and was able to finally disable it. Anyone facing this issue needs to install SystemUI Tuner and from that you can disable it. When Night Light and Blue light filter overlap, stuff goes wild and this happens. So we need to disable the Night Light feature of Android.
So just install SystemUI Tuner and follow the instructions if you device is rooted, and if it is not, you need to do some stuff with ADB, and instructions to those are also mentioned in the app. After you are done with that and are able to run the app, just search "Night Light" in the app and disable it. If it is already disabled, enable it and disable it manually.

Anny0nN

Sep 9, 2017
Okay so I found the solution and was able to finally disable it. Anyone facing this issue needs to install SystemUI Tuner and from that you can disable it. When Night Light and Blue light filter overlap, stuff goes wild and this happens. So we need to disable the Night Light feature of Android.
So just install SystemUI Tuner and follow the instructions if you device is rooted, and if it is not, you need to do some stuff with ADB, and instructions to those are also mentioned in the app. After you are done with that and are able to run the app, just search "Night Light" in the app and disable it. If it is already disabled, enable it and disable it manually.
ur my hero

Reactions: White T-Poison

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you for the reply, but it got fixed in the morning automatically after the schedule ended on its time. So I wasn't able to try your method, but again, I appreciate the help.
    Try this: display -> color scheme -> adaptive colors (turn it off)
    Sorry but i cant help you with that. Something that i would try if i were you is clearing data of settings app and see if it helps or not but i cant guarantee anything.
    Okay so I cleared both, the data and cache of settings app, but nothing happened sadly. Tried looking through Google's settings, but still didn't find anything.
    I am unable to understand that how can a setting be affective if it is not even available. Anyways, I hope someone can get me out of this. Thank you for your time.