Question Unable to enter system after reboot

Search This thread

jozifkwan

Oct 14, 2010
I am using 6 pro and got a huge problem.

My P6 pro is in fresh status and proceed a new setup with a new Google a/c. No matter in safe mode or normal mode, it always get into recovery mode - "can't load android system". Below picture is the log I capture from recovery mode. Could anybody help me? Thank you.

PXL_20220127_031447328.jpg

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
We need some more information.

What did you do with the device?

I can read Zygisk in the log. Do you have Magisk installed? What kind of modules do you have?
Have you flashed custom kernels/roms?
Can you access ADB/fastboot? You say you can access recovery mode, meaning you should be able to use

or

Did anything happen before you got this error message? (an action of yours ("I flashed this and that" or "the system updated?)? Or did this come "randomly"?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

ecuchi

Jan 19, 2022
Hello friend, something similar happened to me when I wanted to unroot my pixel 6 pro. I got stuck in a bricked state and it told me that my device was corrupted.
If it is impossible to get into the device, but you can get into fastboot mode, I recommend you to follow this tutorial:

EDIT: when you did the process of inserting the image, the device went into a mode called FASTBOOTD, you don't have to touch the device as the process is being done correctly.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
I think you need to provide a screenshot of the error message. Many of us had the "Device corrupt" message and its pretty easy to resolve. Try accessing Safe mode (as soon as you see the Google Logo, hold volume down) and enable "OEM Unlocking" - that way you can flash the factory image (not ota) and wipe the device, which will fix your phone.

edit--
Or before doing a reset, when in Safe mode, update Google Play Services, all apps, System Update and Play System (update all 4, I can help you with this if you need assistance -- this has resolved the corrupt error message for many users so try this before factory reset).

Last edited:

jozifkwan

Oct 14, 2010

I can read Zygisk in the log. Do you have Magisk installed? What kind of modules do you have?
Can you access ADB/fastboot? You say you can access recovery mode, meaning you should be able to use

or

Did anything happen before you got this error message? (an action of yours ("I flashed this and that" or "the system updated?)? Or did this come "randomly"?
I did not root or install magdisk to the phone. I just openbox, turnon the phone, everything starts normal, do the setup and backup the data from my 4XL. Once completed, I recieve an update from sytem and requesting for reboot. Once I reboot the phone, goes into recovery and the screen said "cannot load android system. your data may be corrupt. if you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device".

I have tried to flash the rom 12.0.0 (SQ1D.220105.007, Jan 2022) via developers : https://developers.google.com/android/images#raven
but no use and the phone still reboot into recovery mode after setup.
No matter I do the factory data reset or flash the rom again, it still goes into recovery mode after reboot

PXL_20220125_040444472.jpg

Last edited:

jozifkwan

Oct 14, 2010
Hello friend, something similar happened to me when I wanted to unroot my pixel 6 pro. I got stuck in a bricked state and it told me that my device was corrupted.
If it is impossible to get into the device, but you can get into fastboot mode, I recommend you to follow this tutorial:

EDIT: when you did the process of inserting the image, the device went into a mode called FASTBOOTD, you don't have to touch the device as the process is being done correctly.

I did not root my device. Everything starts normal and i do the setup and backup the data from my 4XL. Once completed, I recieve an update from sytem and requesting for reboot. Once the phone reboots, it goes into recovery and the screen said "cannot load android system. your data may be corrupt. if you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device".

I have tried to flash the rom 12.0.0 (SQ1D.220105.007, Jan 2022) via developers : https://developers.google.com/android/images#raven
No matter I do the factory data reset or flash the rom again, it still goes into recovery mode after reboot

Last edited:

jozifkwan

Oct 14, 2010
I think you need to provide a screenshot of the error message. Many of us had the "Device corrupt" message and its pretty easy to resolve. Try accessing Safe mode (as soon as you see the Google Logo, hold volume down) and enable "OEM Unlocking" - that way you can flash the factory image (not ota) and wipe the device, which will fix your phone.

edit--
Or before doing a reset, when in Safe mode, update Google Play Services, all apps, System Update and Play System (update all 4, I can help you with this if you need assistance -- this has resolved the corrupt error message for many users so try this before factory reset).
here is the screenshot. I try it in safemode to update all apps but still have the same problem. I also serval methods like setup the device as a new phone, boot into safe mode to update all apps, factory reset but the corrupt still remains after setup and reboot.

Here is the story : I got this phone on last friday, yesterday I openbox and turnon the phone and everything starts normal and do the setup and backup the data from my 4XL. Once completed, I recieve an update from sytem and requesting for reboot. Once I reboot the phone, goes into recovery and the screen said "cannot load android system. your data may be corrupt. if you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device".

Attachments

• PXL_20220125_040444472.jpg
    PXL_20220125_040444472.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35

bush911

Oct 12, 2012
重庆
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
here is the screenshot. I try it in safemode to update all apps but still have the same problem. I also serval methods like setup the device as a new phone, boot into safe mode to update all apps, factory reset but the corrupt still remains after setup and reboot.

Here is the story : I got this phone on last friday, yesterday I openbox and turnon the phone and everything starts normal and do the setup and backup the data from my 4XL. Once completed, I recieve an update from sytem and requesting for reboot. Once I reboot the phone, goes into recovery and the screen said "cannot load android system. your data may be corrupt. if you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device".

I have seen this Scenario hours ago when I try to disable vbmeta to get the corrupted message appearing after booting.

Because I disabled vbmeta flags, wiping is necessary, therefore I choose factory data reset. issue fixed, data lost. that's all

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL

okay, this is what you do:

Boot into Safe mode (either boot into Android and hold restart option or turn phone off, hold power button until you see Google Logo, when you see it, let go of power and hold Volume Down button)

Now disable Bluetooth and enable Wifi (it will be disabled so make sure you do this). Then force stop Play Store app. Long-press on shortcut, my apps, update all. Make sure you do these steps exactly as written.

Then open this link in Google Chrome (must be opened in your default browser so it opens the hidden Play Services app in Google Play Store), it will open Google Play Services. hit update, it takes 45 seconds to install in the background.

While that is updating, go to Android Settings, Security and update both System Security and Play System. Now restart your phone.

I've helped approximately 8 or 9 users on reddit in December and January with this method so hopefully that works.

I also had this issue in December after updating the December Update. The only way I could fix it was by using the Android Flash Tool and installing the November Factory Image (not OTA) and picking wipe phone and flash all partitions. read on...

Try the Official Android Flash Tool (link below), on that page hit the "pencil" and you will see advanced options - check the boxes for "Wipe Device" and "Flash All Partitions" (no need to relock the bootloader just yet until you fix your phone).

If you are using windows, download the latest Google USB driver file from the link below), extract the file and right-click on the Android_winusb.inf file and hit "install". Now when you are using the Official Flash Tool website or command line, make sure you are in the Bootloader Menu (Fastboot Screen) where it says "Device State: Locked/Unlocked" and you have the options to boot into recovery/rescue mode etc. That's the Bootloader (looks like you've flashed the image already but maybe it didn't work so using the Android Flash tool is recommended). For the Flash Tool, you'll need to use Google Chrome and also disable adblockers and don't use incognito mode during the process.

USB Drivers for Google Devices:

Android Flash Tool:

You can also go to the Android Factory Image Download Page, and try a different Build from October or November. Do that by clicking the blue "Flash" word (not the link to downlod) beside the Build Number which will also take you to the Android Flash Tool website (the Android Flash Tool has two different pages which do the same thing, back-to-public and the direct "Flash" page for a specific build). For example, under the Pixel 6 Pro, for November, there's a build Number 12.0.0 (SP1A.211105.003, Nov 2021) and beside that you can flash the image using the Android Flash Tool or download the full image like you've previously done.

Last edited:
Reactions: s3axel

jozifkwan

Oct 14, 2010
okay, this is what you do:

Boot into Safe mode (either boot into Android and hold restart option or turn phone off, hold power button until you see Google Logo, when you see it, let go of power and hold Volume Down button)

Now disable Bluetooth and enable Wifi (it will be disabled so make sure you do this). Then force stop Play Store app. Long-press on shortcut, my apps, update all. Make sure you do these steps exactly as written.

Then open this link in Google Chrome (must be opened in your default browser so it opens the hidden Play Services app in Google Play Store), it will open Google Play Services. hit update, it takes 45 seconds to install in the background.

While that is updating, go to Android Settings, Security and update both System Security and Play System. Now restart your phone.

I've helped approximately 8 or 9 users on reddit in December and January with this method so hopefully that works.

I also had this issue in December after updating the December Update. The only way I could fix it was by using the Android Flash Tool and installing the November Factory Image (not OTA) and picking wipe phone and flash all partitions. read on...

Try the Official Android Flash Tool (link below), on that page hit the "pencil" and you will see advanced options - check the boxes for "Wipe Device" and "Flash All Partitions" (no need to relock the bootloader just yet until you fix your phone).

If you are using windows, download the latest Google USB driver file from the link below), extract the file and right-click on the Android_winusb.inf file and hit "install". Now when you are using the Official Flash Tool website or command line, make sure you are in the Bootloader Menu (Fastboot Screen) where it says "Device State: Locked/Unlocked" and you have the options to boot into recovery/rescue mode etc. That's the Bootloader (looks like you've flashed the image already but maybe it didn't work so using the Android Flash tool is recommended). For the Flash Tool, you'll need to use Google Chrome and also disable adblockers and don't use incognito mode during the process.

USB Drivers for Google Devices:

Android Flash Tool:

You can also go to the Android Factory Image Download Page, and try a different Build from October or November. Do that by clicking the blue "Flash" word (not the link to downlod) beside the Build Number which will also take you to the Android Flash Tool website (the Android Flash Tool has two different pages which do the same thing, back-to-public and the direct "Flash" page for a specific build). For example, under the Pixel 6 Pro, for November, there's a build Number 12.0.0 (SP1A.211105.003, Nov 2021) and beside that you can flash the image using the Android Flash Tool or download the full image like you've previously done.

I try your method but problems still same. After flash the factory rom(SD1A.210817.036), the phone always goes to welcome screen setting(fresh status). I have tried to boot in safe mode, turn off bluetooth and do your step but problem still the same. As long as the phone reboot , it goes to recovery mode and said "cannot load android system. your data may be corrupt. if you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device".

I feel like the phone can not save data on userdata(metadata?) or the userdata(metadata?) file system corrupt? do I need to format the userdata(metadata?) to ext4 to make it stable?

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
I try your method but problems still same. After flash the factory rom(SD1A.210817.036), the phone always goes to welcome screen setting(fresh status). I have tried to boot in safe mode, turn off bluetooth and do your step but problem still the same. As long as the phone reboot , it goes to recovery mode and said "cannot load android system. your data may be corrupt. if you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device".

I feel like the phone can not save data on userdata(metadata?) or the userdata(metadata?) file system corrupt? do I need to format the userdata(metadata?) to ext4 to make it stable?

Ok, can you try this:
Go to recovery Mode, wipe/factory reset. When its done, hit "restart bootloader" then go here and flash this:

Let it complete, the phone will restart 2 or 3 times by itself. You will see a "Fastbootd" screen (yes with a 'd') and it will show a few options, don't touch the phone, let the Flash tool do its thing. You will see a bunch if information on the website such as "flashing... writing... etc etc" - let it finish and it will restart by itself.

On that website, pick "wipe phone" and "flash all partitions" - this is important, keep every other option unchecked.

Can you try that and make sure it completes 100%?

Also, I would try flashing each boot slot separately . So use the above flash tool to flash the first slot (for example a) then switch slots and flash again.

the commands to change boot slots is here:
fastboot --set-active=a (to change from b to a)
fastboot --set-active=b ( to change from a to b)

the bootloader (fastboot menu) will show at the bottom what Boot slot is being used.

Last edited:

jozifkwan

Oct 14, 2010
Ok, can you try this:
Go to recovery Mode, wipe/factory reset. When its done, hit "restart bootloader" then go here and flash this:

Let it complete, the phone will restart 2 or 3 times by itself. You will see a "Fastbootd" screen (yes with a 'd') and it will show a few options, don't touch the phone, let the Flash tool do its thing. You will see a bunch if information on the website such as "flashing... writing... etc etc" - let it finish and it will restart by itself.

On that website, pick "wipe phone" and "flash all partitions" - this is important, keep every other option unchecked.

Can you try that and make sure it completes 100%?

Also, I would try flashing each boot slot separately . So use the above flash tool to flash the first slot (for example a) then switch slots and flash again.

the commands to change boot slots is here:
fastboot --set-active=a (to change from b to a)
fastboot --set-active=b ( to change from a to b)

the bootloader (fastboot menu) will show at the bottom what Boot slot is being used.

Thank you, I tried your guideline to flash, tick "wipe" and "flash all partitions", flash slot A first and then flash slot B.

The problem is still the same, once I finished the setup, reboot, goes into recovery again and said "cannot load android system"

Last edited:

stevendeb25

May 27, 2010
england
pnht.org
Got me a bit paranoid all these devices not able to boot anymore due to corrupted data. Mine says corrupted when going to boot phone, have to press power to continue then warning of attackers then boots fine 😁😁 hoping this corrupt message and the amount of times one reboots without correcting the error is not the reason for bricked devices

jozifkwan

Oct 14, 2010
Sounds like a hardware issue with the NAND.
I believe it is not the NAMD.

Last night, I test the battery to see if the corruption issue is caused by unstable voltage or ampere. I run drain app + 3D mark, my phone of course heats up but no reboot or unstable issue.

The battery test drained 60% of battery and i manually reboot the phone, no problems or errors and enter system. Then I left the phone in stanby mode for 7 hours. The battery downs to 35% and I reboot the phone again but this time unfortunately goes into recovery issue again.

This is very weired and I couldn't figure out what kind of problem is that.

jozifkwan

Oct 14, 2010
Got me a bit paranoid all these devices not able to boot anymore due to corrupted data. Mine says corrupted when going to boot phone, have to press power to continue then warning of attackers then boots fine 😁😁 hoping this corrupt message and the amount of times one reboots without correcting the error is not the reason for bricked devices
I am wondering if anyway to skip the recovery or corrupt checking.

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
you have the corrupt message also? Can you try what I recommended above, updating all 4 Play Services/Play Store Apps/Security Update and Play System Update with Bluetooth disabled?

If not use the Android Flash Tool and wipe the device and flash all slots, let us know if that works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Beginning to sound like you should exchange it for a new one, unfortunately.
    I know you said fresh setup, but just to be clear, did you attempt any sort of modification to your phone before this happened?

Can you try using this link to see if it'll help repair your device so it'll boot?

or

edit--