Unable to flash any recovery

Search This thread

AmitGold

Jun 30, 2022
Hi,
After updating my OnePlus Nord (EU) to OxygenOS 12 and noticing how full of bugs it is, I've decided to flash PixelExperience on it.

I followed the official PixelExperience install guide: I successfully unlocked my bootloader, and then went ahead to flash the recovery.
Exactly as written in the guide, I performed a fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
The command finished as expected without any errors, so I rebooted into the recovery with fastboot reboot recovery, only to get an error screen, with a title in Chinese and an error message: "The current image(boot/recovery) have been destroyed and can not boot. Please flash the correct image or contact customer service to fix it.", so my device got soft-bricked.

I tried flashing it again - didn't work.
So I tried flashing TWRP - also didn't work.
I tried to flash a stock recovery from this thread - also didn't work.

I at least tried to recover it back to stock, so I downloaded the MSM tool and Qualcomm drivers and tried to get my device into Qualcomm EDL mode.
I tried many combinations of button pressings, I tried fastboot oem edl, but I just couldn't get it into EDL mode, it just booted into fastboot every time.

How could I fix this - flashing a recovery or at least revert it back to stock?

krish-ag

Jul 27, 2022
Bro, OOS 12 Update messed everything, bc boot img in oos 12 doesnt work for flashing
U need to Switch Back to android 11 in order to flash anything..
U can use Edl mode to switch back to OOS android 11 then unlock bootloader and then everything works good
I'm too using Pixel Experience Rom after using edl for OOS 11 and now every Custom recovery and rom works

AmitGold

Jun 30, 2022
Oo, OOS 12 Update messed everything, bc boot img in oos 12 doesnt work for flashing
U need to Switch Back to android 11 in order to flash anything..
U can use Edl mode to switch back to OOS android 11 then unlock bootloader and then everything works good
I'm too using Pixel Experience Rom after using edl for OOS 11 and now every Custom recovery and rom works
Oh, I didn't know that!
It wasn't mentioned in any of the guides I read...
Anyways I tried for a week to get it into EDL mode without any success...
I installed the Qualcomm drivers, pressed the volume up + down buttons for 40 seconds then while pressing connecting it to my PC, then every time it just booted into fastboot.
How could I get it into edl mode?

krish-ag

Jul 27, 2022
Oh, I didn't know that!
It wasn't mentioned in any of the guides I read...
Anyways I tried for a week to get it into EDL mode without any success...
I installed the Qualcomm drivers, pressed the volume up + down buttons for 40 seconds then while pressing connecting it to my PC, then every time it just booted into fastboot.
How could I get it into edl mode?
In edl mode, u will not see anything on the phone screen.

To use edl mode, press vol up and down simultaneously (without power botton) for 10 secs and then connect it to pc via usb cable
Then u will hv to use the MSM tool according to ur nation (like India, EU etc) for a specific OOS version

AmitGold

Jun 30, 2022
Yeah I did exactly that, but my phone booted into fastboot :(
Kinda lost, tried this many times

Last edited:

AmitGold

Jun 30, 2022
It booted into the bootloader.
Attaching a video of this process

Attachments

• 20220805_165740.mp4
    128.8 MB · Views: 0

krish-ag

Jul 27, 2022
Bro first thing, it should be of 10 secs not 30. I m pretty sure that's what preventing to to boot to edl

Second, i want a video of those adb method steps that i told u but now first try ur method only but for 10 secs

Last edited: