• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unable to Flash due to multiple issues on S9

Search This thread

CrashSpyro

Aug 29, 2020
Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) Exynos, branded under Australian Optus and have been trying to load the latest Lineage Rom onto it but have ran into a multitude of issues. I'm going to list all of the things I've done and the Errors I've recieved

Developer Tools Enabled -> OEM Unlock Enabled (Forced Wipe) -> Developer Tools Enabled -> OEM Already Enabled -> USB Debugging Enabled -> ADB Tools installed and enabled (Computer trusted)

From Heimdall I tried flashing Lineages own bootloader from their website. I ended up getting the error "Failed to Receive Session End Confirmation"
My phone would also display the message "Only Official Released Binaries Are Allowed To Be Flashed"
I was also told RMM State played a part in this and if it was Prenormal, it wouldn't work. I went to check and sure enough, my phones RMM State was Prenormal

Despite this, I tried sideloading the packages anyway because I was told that just because it said that message, didn't mean it failed. Those ended up also failing, telling me the installation was aborted because of a validity error

From there, I was told to use Odin. That failed. I ended up switching to TWRPs bootloader instead and that also failed

After that I tried Flashing the Stock Android 10 Rom but that didn't solve any of the issues
I also tried downgrading to Android 8 Oreo to see if I could load everything from there but got the error SW REV CK FAIL

Dr Ketons Guide did not work as I was unable to Flash TWRP so I couldn't follow that route

I have the no Verity File downloaded but no way to apply it. Same with Magisk and Magisk Manager

Does anyone know what I can possibly do to try and get these things loaded onto my phone. I really would like to get them working as my main sim card is Vodafone so I'm unable to use it with this phone. Flashing the Stock unbranded XSA rom didn't seem to fix this issue either. The phone isn't under any contract or warranty, however I have no idea if its locked or unlocked.
Thanks

B1nz

Oct 27, 2014
Kasur
if you are in the prenormal state that means you can't modify your phone for like a week, just wait for the time. then it should work
by reading what you did, I didn't see anything wrong. it's just the prenormal thing that you have to wait for 7 days

edit: also forgot to mention if you failed to modify the phone after the prenormal state ends, you might need another 7 days to be able to modify your phone again

Last edited:

CrashSpyro

Aug 29, 2020
if you are in the prenormal state that means you can't modify your phone for like a week, just wait for the time. then it should work
by reading what you did, I didn't see anything wrong. it's just the prenormal thing that you have to wait for 7 days

edit: also forgot to mention if you failed to modify the phone after the prenormal state ends, you might need another 7 days to be able to modify your phone again

So I waited 7 Days and its still prenormal. What should I do now. I tried flashing anyway to see if it was just a visual thing but it still failed. The phone was on for the whole 7 days.

B1nz

Oct 27, 2014
Kasur
So I waited 7 Days and its still prenormal. What should I do now. I tried flashing anyway to see if it was just a visual thing but it still failed. The phone was on for the whole 7 days.

I don't know it will work or not, have you try to flash the lastest stock firmware, do the initial first android setup (just skip everything), once you finish the setup go to download mode then try to flash the twrp through odin.
I used that method everytime I failed at flashing new rom. Hope it's also works for you, since my phone is also came from Australia

CrashSpyro

Aug 29, 2020
I don't know it will work or not, have you try to flash the lastest stock firmware, do the initial first android setup (just skip everything), once you finish the setup go to download mode then try to flash the twrp through odin.
I used that method everytime I failed at flashing new rom. Hope it's also works for you, since my phone is also came from Australia

Unfortunately I have already tried that and it ended up not working