• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unable to flash S9 with Odin (Re-partition error)

Search This thread

Skelliga

Apr 9, 2020
Hi,

I'm trying to go back on the basic firmware / ROM of Samsung on my Samsung S9. I downloaded the following firmware : XEF-G960FXXU2CSB3-20190222142740.zip (I live in France, Europe, I searched and found this version).
I extracted the archive, boot in download mode, launched Odin on my PC. I put all the files, the sum verifications are OK in Odin, but as soon as I click on Start, it fails with the following log :

Code:
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Erase...
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Re-Partition operation failed.

I also tried to extract the PIT file of the CSC and put-it in the PIT tab of Odin, but I've got the same message.
For information, here are some screenshots of the informations of the smartphone when I bought it :

GK618i8.jpg

fJs3OwY.jpg

Is there something I'm missing here ?

Maybe I'm using the wrong version of the firmware ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hi,

I'm trying to go back on the basic firmware / ROM of Samsung on my Samsung S9. I downloaded the following firmware : XEF-G960FXXU2CSB3-20190222142740.zip (I live in France, Europe, I searched and found this version).
I extracted the archive, boot in download mode, launched Odin on my PC. I put all the files, the sum verifications are OK in Odin, but as soon as I click on Start, it fails with the following log :

I also tried to extract the PIT file of the CSC and put-it in the PIT tab of Odin, but I've got the same message.
For information, here are some screenshots of the informations of the smartphone when I bought it :

Is there something I'm missing here ?

Maybe I'm using the wrong version of the firmware ?

Thanks !

Your Odin log shows using 3.10.
You could try Odin version 3.13.1 ( or higher ). Lower versions don't support newer compression ratio.